PDA

View Full Version : SOOooooOOO clucky...desperately want a boy.

grasshopper
December 22nd, 2010, 12:28 AM
I have just discovered that my neice is pregnant with #2.
I am so incredibly jealous of her being pregnant and my desire for a boy is growing stronger by the day.
It seems like a million years away before we can try High Tech again as we are still paying off the last cycle and I am feeling incredibly old now that my neice is catching up to me with amount of children.
Feels as though time is slipping through my fingers and the gap between my girls and the boy I desperately long for is growing bigger...we always wanted our kids close together and it just isn't going to happen.
I of course am happy for her, but am surprised by the feelings of jealousy and I AM JUST SOOO CLUCKY.
Sorry...just a vent...feeling ancient today.

1pinkwish
December 22nd, 2010, 10:04 AM
I LOATHE the feelings I get when someone around me announces they are pregnant too!! LOL Somehow I just know that they will end up getting a girl, and I will continue to be left without. This isn't the person I am normally, and it isn't the person I want to be, definitely!! But, I don't know how you get past this burning desire in your heart!

I hope the time passes quickly for you, cause I know that is definitely the hardest part. Waiting and watching each day for your dream to finally come true!

What kind of HT will you be trying this time?

atomic sagebrush
December 22nd, 2010, 11:41 AM
My 19 year old cousin just had a baby boy and he's darling, but boy I would LOVE to be starting over with my kids rather than accepting the fact that I'm really too old to try again!

Don't worry too much about the age gap...I have 13 years between my boys and it's actually been very nice. It comes with benefits!!!

grasshopper
December 22nd, 2010, 12:49 PM
What kind of HT will you be trying this time?

We will still be doing PGD/IVF but are hoping to test all 24 chromosomes next time instead of just the 5 probe...just to rule out chromosomal abnormalities as to why our 4 perfect-looking XY's didn't stick.

LOL Atomic...there is a 13 year gap between me and my closest (in age) brother as well...16 year gap with my oldest brother! I was the baby of the family and I could see there would be plenty of benefits (I loved growing up with older siblings and now that we are adults we are all on equal footing and I get along famously with them all)....I think I could handle that kind of gap...it would be nice to have a baby again after such a big break. I guess I am just feeling impatient and want to be pregnant again...now!!! Just wish my DH was in as big a hurry as me.

xnicolax
December 23rd, 2010, 03:57 PM
Hi grasshopper, I have been feeling the same. I think because of the IVF we have just kind of assumed we would be pregnant at this stage? I have thought of giving up with all of the high tech and just trying naturally. I have just been so desperate for a baby. However I keep having dreams of having another boy and hating him:o, obviously that wouldnt be the case but I know I still wouldnt be satisfied:(. My oldest son is almost 11, I had him when I was young but I wanted to be finnished having babies by the time I was 30 so I could enjoy them, I have 8 months left.

ruby
January 9th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Hi Grasshopper. I get it ! My desire for a baby boy is growing stronger by the day also. Some days it is all I think about.
My best friend had her baby boy a few months ago. The lucky bugger had a PP now with her DD and DS 18 months apart. I was very happy for her, but so envious and I really hated the way I was feeling and still feel. I avoided her fof awhile as it was the only way I could deal with my feelings at the time. Is better now though and I miss her too much to keep avoiding her.

Where are you thinking of doing HT to test the 24 chromosomes ?

grasshopper
January 10th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Ugh...I'm hearing ya. That desire just stepped up a notch for me as I just heard yesterday that my other niece is also expecting baby #2 (the first one I mentioned is actually the wife of my nephew...the niece I have just heard is also pregnant is my mephew's twin sister).

Both of them have already got a baby boy each and I know one of them desperately wants a baby girl next so I am crossing my fingers for her but at the same time I am insanely jealous that they are pregnant and I am not.

Thinking of heading to Malaysia for our next cycle although still have Thailand (although can't test all 24 there) as one of our options. Still have a lot more research to do though.