PDA

View Full Version : Help why am i gaining weight???

mkarntz1980
February 19th, 2011, 01:47 PM
This girl diet is making me gain weight and making me so bloated! I have gained about 12 lbs in the past 6 wks! I drink about 3 glasses of fat free organic milk a day, 3-4 yogurts, rice, fish, kefir. what should i do??? what should i do?? Do you think maybe the dairy is doing it?

nuthinbutpink
February 19th, 2011, 02:10 PM
I think a lot of that breaks down to sugar and might cause that.

atomic sagebrush
February 19th, 2011, 02:29 PM
I agree, it's prob. the dairy...are you having stomach upset??

Even in fat-free milk, there are lots of calories and lots of protein too. I would cut back on the dairy!

mkarntz1980
February 19th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Okay I was reading that white rice breaks down into sugar...I am taking a calcium supp, so I think I will stick with one glass of milk a day, and 1 yogurt...might drop the kefir to

michaela
February 19th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Food sensitivities cause you to become bloated and gain lots of water weight. I would try and cut out the dairy for 3 days straight and then slowly add it back in and see what your weight does as well as the bloating. If you start gaining again then that is probably the issue. There are lots of people that have food sensitivities to dairy and just don't know it because it isn't like they are allergic or have lactose intolerance, it is just a sensitivity that makes them gain weight or become bloated.

Eggs, nuts, and cheese are also sensitivities for most people. You can be sensitive to cheese and not milk and vice versa. Hopefully you figure it out!

Oh and no idea about the girl diet stuff so if I suggest something that is boy friendly sorry about that! LOL!

atomic sagebrush
February 20th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Great advice Michaela, thank you!!

mkarntz1980
February 20th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Actually my stomach feels HORRIBLE today. I have an upset stomach, I keep burping yucky tasting burps, and my stomach is just icky feeling. I think I am having way to many dairy products. I have never had a problem with milk or yogurt before....but i used to drink maybe 1 glass of milk a day if that, and I have never been a big yogurt eater. I literally look like im about 5 months pregnant. im not drinking ANY dairy today. or having yogurt or nothing. I will go without dairy for a few days i think, then drink 1 cup of milk, and maybe 1 yogurt.

michaela
February 20th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Actually my stomach feels HORRIBLE today. I have an upset stomach, I keep burping yucky tasting burps, and my stomach is just icky feeling. I think I am having way to many dairy products. I have never had a problem with milk or yogurt before....but i used to drink maybe 1 glass of milk a day if that, and I have never been a big yogurt eater. I literally look like im about 5 months pregnant. im not drinking ANY dairy today. or having yogurt or nothing. I will go without dairy for a few days i think, then drink 1 cup of milk, and maybe 1 yogurt.
Definitely sounds like you have a food sensitivity to dairy. I would go without any dairy products at all for 3 days. Then add milk back in and see what happens but don't add in the yogurt because you can be sensitive to milk but not yogurt. I know that sounds weird but that can happen. Same thing with cheese, you may be able to eat tons of cheese and not have any issues but the second you have sour cream you feel awful or gain weight.

Again no clue what you can eat or can't eat on the girl diet but if you are drinking coffee and putting creamer in there make sure you also stop doing that for the 3 days so that your body can rid itself of the dairy.

atomic sagebrush
February 21st, 2011, 10:27 AM

Yes, def. lay off the dairy for a few days and see what happens. I totally agree with Michaela, you can probably still eat yogurt because the bacteria in the yogurt predigest the milk sugars that are upsetting your stomach, and the same with cheese. Milk, ice cream, sour cream - beware because they are not predigested.

I just want to reassure you that you do not need to ingest massive amounts of dairy foods to conceive a girl. 75% of all adults are lactose intolerant, humans couldn't even digest milk until 15,000 years ago, and yet all around the world throughout history about 50-50 boys and girls have been conceived.