PDA

View Full Version : HELP! FAB Iron is this same as "folic acid"?

TTC5
February 19th, 2011, 08:50 PM
I bought this today but now not sure if it is ok?
Brand is FAB Iron contains:
Vit B1, B2, B3, B5, B6,B12, Vit C, Vit H & Iron Amino Acid (10% Fe) 50mg

????????

TTC5
February 19th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Bump!!!

nuthinbutpink
February 19th, 2011, 10:13 PM
I do not think that contains folic acid. They recommend FACOL Plus for pregnant women http://www.organicsaustraliaonline.com.au/prod2873.htm

That does contain FA.

That "10% Fe" is just iron.

TTC5
February 19th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Bugger! I had a funny feeling it was not right..
Will have to go back tomorrow lol
Will it hurt if I take it anyway to use it up rather than waste it?

nuthinbutpink
February 20th, 2011, 06:04 AM
No, not at all. You could just purchase FA seperately.

atomic sagebrush
February 20th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Folic acid is also referred to as "B9" if any of you see that listed anywhere.

It's still good for swaying blue! Be sure to take it with your tomato juice to aid in iron absorption!!

A lot of these same nutrients are found in NYF and BY as well, but the good thing with B vitamins is if you don't need them, they are water soluble and you simply pee out the excess.

TTC5
February 20th, 2011, 08:33 PM
What is NFY and BY?

Thanks for all the help!

I bought myself some folic acid today... :)

atomic sagebrush
February 21st, 2011, 09:22 AM
Nutritional Yeast Flakes and Brewer's Yeast - great dietary supplements for TTC blue.

LolaInLove
February 21st, 2011, 11:13 AM
AS, what do you recommend mixing the NYF with? They are pretty nasty!!! Any winners on that front would be appreciated. I can only tolerate it with V8 as of now....fruit juice did not cut it for me.

atomic sagebrush
February 21st, 2011, 01:55 PM
I think Brewer's Yeast mixes with fruit juice better than NYF. I had good luck with pineapple and orange juice but it had to be fresh orange juice.

V-8 juice is great too and if that's all you can drink it in, that's fine.

TTC5
February 21st, 2011, 04:24 PM
I got V8 for hubby and he hated it!!!!! Trying pineapple next?
So we can have OJ then? I was sure someone told me no??
I can't really drink juices other than lemon water due to my allergies =(

So do the NYE and the BY.. can you mix it in food???? What exactly is it's purpose for us boy swayers?

atomic sagebrush
February 22nd, 2011, 10:30 AM
Yes, OJ is fine. Oranges are on Tier 2 of the Ingender girl diet, along with potatoes, bananas, and pineapple. Just be careful not to get the kind with added calcium, unless you're including some calcium as part of your boy sway.

Nutritional Yeast Flakes, you can just sprinkle on top of your food like you might use parmesan cheese.

Brewer's yeast is not good that way, it's best to mix it in with juice. They are both great sources of a lot of vitamins and protein. Please read http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1513-Yeast! for more info if you haven't already!

TTC5
February 26th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Cheers!