PDA

View Full Version : Those of you that live in Western Europe

nuthinbutpink
February 19th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Where have you traveled outside of your own country and what areas do you recommend for American tourists traveling with children these days?

The only place I have ever made it to, sadly, is Germany and I absolutely adored it but outside of there, I am lost.

Saga
February 20th, 2011, 03:31 AM
Well then I have to recomend Sweden! Many american tourists come to Stockholm (my hometown :) )in the summer. I love to wisit Denmark and France. Both DH and I love France. Before the kids we drove to France every summer. I love the food and the wether is lovely. We went to Normandie and Bretagne with are both wonderful places, but most times we went to Provance. Provance is our favorit! We are planing on taking the kids there for the first time this summer.

Viene
February 21st, 2011, 11:42 AM
I've been to England, Germany, Austria and France and aside from Germany the only other place I would take kids would maybe be Austria. Austria seemed like it would get boring fast though. Munich, Germany is really the only place that I've been that I would for sure feel ok to take little kids to if I were to do so.

We don't plan on taking little kids to Europe though. We want to take them when they are old enough to appreciate and truly enjoy such a trip.

Zivic-Bubac
March 20th, 2011, 07:42 AM
I'm from Serbia ( so not from Western Europe), but I've been to England, Spain, Germany, Austria, France, Spain and Italy.
I would recommend UK, especially Wales, it's just beautiful during summer or early autumn and you won't have language barriere. France is nice too, but not Paris, it's just metropola like any other, crowded with tourists, maybe Provance or Marseille.
Italy: Verona is cute little town. Venezia stinks, let's face it. I mean literally stink, all that poluted water.....It's beautiful as a phenomenon though but pricey.

Rebecca
March 22nd, 2011, 04:41 PM
I'm from England and I think it's a fantastic place to visit. There is a lot to see in the whole of the UK, the silly thing is I have visited a lot of countries but haven't visited Scotland.
So in Europe, I've been France, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Spain, Potuagal, Tenerife, Corfu, Italy, Ireland. I think I may've been elsewhere but I've forgotten (we did a lot of travelling before we had children and when we just had the 1).
I'd recommend Italy and England (of course). The Italian coastal regions are lovely, Rome is fab, you can cover the main bits in a day or so (if you don't do the Vatican).
In England I'd say London, the Cotswolds, the Lake District and the coastline of West Wales (althought that is Wales and not England!)
HTH

dreamboat
March 31st, 2011, 04:48 PM
Hi i would recommend ireland!! Especially west coast around galway and westport in mayo- also cork/kerry fab coast line- loads to do with kids especially around coast and most hotels very child friendly and run kids clubs etc another option would be to rent a house -great deals at the moment. Downside is weather you may get very lucky, but u will more than likely need rain coat with you!
If you would like sunshine i would recommend italy- amazing country- lake garda is fab ( great point to base oneself as only half an hour on train from Verona and a few hours from Venice also ferry brings you around all little towns on the lake like a bus service so no need to hire car)- and you can get very child friendly accom in a place called bella italia in peserica- check out there website. Hope this is of some help.