PDA

View Full Version : Diet in the 2ww

My Three Sons
October 24th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Sorry, but I still don't get it. If you are trying to sway for a girl, during the 2ww, the sex is already determined, correct? So is the diet just to keep the blood sugar low because the girl blastocyst does better? Will she still implant if your blood sugar goes up?

Mrs_P
October 24th, 2012, 05:17 PM
diet in the 2ww is important for two reasons as i see it - 1 girls implant better in a low blood sugar environment (although i doubt this would stop implantation as hundreds of women have girls everyday without the diet and they implant fine but it does help). 2 - most importantly if your not pregnant this attempt then the diet continues without a break for the next attempt, since we are mean't to do diet 6 weeks before the attempt two weeks off would only give you an le diet for 2 weeks on the next cycle.

I must admit after cycles of bfn i was getting sick of diet and didn't stick to it in the 2ww this month, i got my bfp so it didn't stop baby implanting (although with 3 other boys it is most likely another boy anyway so diet wouldn't have mattered)

I do also recall a post on here where someone said the egg can take a few days to choose the sperm and diet in that time period can affect then gender - not sure if its true but they usually know what they are talking about x

My Three Sons
October 24th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Thanks Mrs P. I see how going off the diet puts you back in square 1 in case of the BFN, and I get the egg "choosing" within a few days, I just didn't know if the "girl" would implant better or not implant based on the diet. I am not on LE diet really, but have been lowering calories, skipping breakfast, lost a few pounds, etc. but I totally caved and made a big fat lasagna last night, so I was just wondering.

BTW, I hope your sticky is a girl. :)

Atsaukina1
November 14th, 2012, 11:58 AM
i thought the egg had to be fertilized by 12-24 hours after Ov.? I am struggling w/ diet too. did very good yesterday just breakfast and dinner but today i had breakfast @9 usually don't until 12. trying to skip lunch. i just keep thinking if I am prego I need to start getting some real nutrients in. I took my floridex(iron,b vits) this morning w/ breakfast, haven't had it for 5-6 weeks. I'll keep taking that but make sure to stick to the late brekfast or skip a meal later(breakfast is waaay easier to skip):)

marialll
December 5th, 2012, 11:00 PM
oh, man. i have totally blown it with the diet in the 2ww. i was fine for the first few days, then a quick tiny cheat and then... oh well. :)

LacePrincess
December 6th, 2012, 08:06 AM
I agree with Mrs P. And yes the egg fertilizes within 24 hours of ovulation, but it still takes 2-3 days to bounce down the fallopian tube before free falling into the uterus. And then it still has a few days of implantation after that. At ANY point in the process your body can reject the egg and thus not conceive.

We suggest continuing the LE diet for at least a few days after O to make sure your uterus condition is still in 'low glucose' state and be more receptive to a girly egg. It's not proven but it can't hurt to encourage those conditions. Plus, you really don't want to 'lose it' on the diet for the 2WW, that'll really derail the next month.

I always plan on a cheat weekend for when AF arrives. It's my way of going nuts on all the 'forbidden' stuff and burying myself in comfort food in depression at the witch, lol. But no more than one or two days, and I still don't change when I eat. I just let myself pig out on my 2-3 meals a day. I find it too hard to go from no brekky no snacks to eating all day and then back, it's easier just to keep the eating schedule as is.