PDA

View Full Version : ANY GOOD NEWS FROM ERIKA

twins2
February 20th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Has anyone heard from erika and how she is going at SART? I do hope and pray its worked for her.:agree::luck:

nuthinbutpink
February 20th, 2011, 06:46 PM
She decided to cancel with five follicles.

twins2
February 21st, 2011, 03:45 AM
What does that mean, did'nt she transfer at all. Why would she cancel with five follicles, omg that is so horrible, I am so dissapointed I cant believe this. What is going on at SART?

erika
February 28th, 2011, 09:05 AM
HI I/we possibly cancelled by mistake here were my results

Regarding your hormone level on Feb 9, 2011: estradiol = 170.3 pg/ml, LH 3.36 mIU/ml.

There were 9 follicles as per below:

Right ovary: 9, 5, 7, 7 mm
Left ovary: 10, 10, 6, 6, 7 mm

The blood test on the last visit on Feb 14, 2011. Estradiol 1,062 pg/ml and LH 2.52 mIU/ml.

The scan result is as per below:

Right ovary: 4 follicles measuring 19, 17, 17 and 10 mm Left ovary: 3 follicles measuring 17, 16 and 9 mm

I just thought it sounded like bad results to do PGD with?? Dr would not tell me if we should/should not do it just that with this amount of follicles there was now only a %20 chance of this working! so husband applied his work ethics and said if this was a business decission no way would he go ahead but its up to me. I said no lets not!! And the next day we flew off to Phuket for the best 2 week holiday ever and spent our PGD money!!! We could be crazy and i will probably go back to SART again as Dr was very professional clinic felt well organized/safe. And for us for now thailand is a way easier option with to kiddies under 3 years old.

grasshopper
March 2nd, 2011, 02:09 AM
Erika...did they say anything about your estradiol??? It seems to have started off pretty low...but then caught up???
If you had a wonderful holiday and felt right to have cancelled, then it was the right decision for you...don't bother second guessing.
Have you asked your Doc what he would do different next cycle? Up the meds???
I was also a pretty low responder (7 follies but only 5 mature eggs retrieved) but got a better result second time around (11 follies with 9 mature) with the same protocol but higher doses of meds.
We have also made the decision to head back again to SART....in the throes of planning it now. I have just started taking CoQ10 to see if that will help with egg numbers and quality...can't see how it could hurt anyway.
GL.

Regrow
March 4th, 2011, 01:52 AM
Hi Grasshopper... as you are heading back to SART are you going to be monitored through SIVF or are you doing all your monitoring at SART? I was also thinking about taking CoQ10, does DH also need to take it? We will still be heading to SART sometime this year but at this stage will probably do my monitoring through SIVF, SART doctor said that I would only need to go to Sydney once.

Also are there any gals on here that have done PGD/IVF with irregular cycles, even if I take the BCP my periods can be very very light or they turn up very late/not at all. The fertility doctor I was seeing in Perth said that as long as I was basal I could start Puregon and it did not matter if I didn't get a period, whereas my SART doctor wanted me to have my period first. Does make it hard to plan my trip to SART though as I have know idea when my period would turn up and if I would get one at all! All my pre-testing results on Day 3 came back as follows E2 150, LH 5, PROG 0.9, FSH 3, AND Prol 134 however my ultrasound results on Day 3 there were no follicles to be seen. I am nearly 36.

As my last cycle was cancelled before I headed to SART I stopped the BCP and started Lucrin 0.5 mg/day on the same day, had bloods/ultrasound after taking Lucrin for 10 days, no results for bloods as Perth clinic cancelled my monitoring and the results of my ultrasound were no follies on left and several follies on right @ 7mm, and it said that my uterus was RV??? I had still not had a period at this stage however when I spoke to my Perth doctor he indicated that I was basal and to start Puregon 300 units/day that night but SART doctor was not comfortable to go ahead as I had no blood results to give him and had not been properly monitored. Any suggestions are my results normal or should I be worried??? I have been on the BCP since Dec 2009 I have not started taking it again as I am not sure what to do have made an appointment with my GP.

erika
March 4th, 2011, 04:44 AM
Erika...did they say anything about your estradiol??? It seems to have started off pretty low...but then caught up???
If you had a wonderful holiday and felt right to have cancelled, then it was the right decision for you...don't bother second guessing.
Have you asked your Doc what he would do different next cycle? Up the meds???
I was also a pretty low responder (7 follies but only 5 mature eggs retrieved) but got a better result second time around (11 follies with 9 mature) with the same protocol but higher doses of meds.
We have also made the decision to head back again to SART....in the throes of planning it now. I have just started taking CoQ10 to see if that will help with egg numbers and quality...can't see how it could hurt anyway.
GL.

Hi Dr Somjate said that my E levels were great! But this is maybe not the case! What should they have been?So this will be your 3rd time with SART wow. I still think its a better option than america.Interesting to see you results what meads / doises are you on this time?

grasshopper
March 5th, 2011, 08:43 AM
That's good about your E2 levels Erika...I was only basing it off my memory of what mine were so have no idea at all really...I know my Day 2 pretesting levels were 333 first cycle and 510 second cycle and they always went up from there so that's why I was wondering...but after looking at the ranges given on one of the results form there is a huge range of normal for estradiol...so never mind me. LOL. I was just looking for a reason that they didn't encourage you to continue when I didn't end up with many more myself and they didn't seem hugely concerned.
Yeah...3rd time with SART. It is perhaps not a better option than the US but for us it is the only option so I am determined to stay positive.
I have just asked Dr S the question about meds and he is going to stick with the same Antagonist protocol with 300-400 units/day of either Puregon or Gonal F. He says a higher dose will just cost us more for very little effect on egg numbers...most of what I have Googled supports this, and I feel comfortable with the protocol. All I can do now is get as healthy as possible and get my body prepared for a better cycle.

Regrow...we are doing the whole cycle again in Bangkok...was going to go through the Subi clinic but now that's not happening it seems much easier now to just do the whole thing over there like we have the last 2 times. We are more comfortable with having the one Dr throughout anyhow.
Regarding the CoQ10, one of the bottles I have actually says that it may be beneficial for sperm health and motility. My Dh is not taking it though as his sperm readings have all been wonderful, amazing and off the charts...high scoring for all areas...so of course he doesn't need it (said in gruff man voice). I on the other hand have not read anything that suggests it can do anything but help my situtation so I will take it for the full 3 months until we cycle.
My periods were quite irregular with my previous cycles...long, short, heavy, light. Which I think have been due to my hormones and blood sugar levels being out of whack (intestinal issues, IBS, food sensitivities etc). I have started getting my body under control since my last failed cycle though and my periods have returned to being regular and reliable for the last 8 months or so. If I can lose at least another 5 kilos between now and when I cycle I will be feeling a bit better about my chances of success.
I am not that great with what the "normal" hormone levels should be. I have high FSH (highest was 16!!!!) so I know your FSH looks fantastic...and it is not being masked by a high estradiol. LH is within the range which is somewhere between 2 and 7 according to my results sheet (mine was always around 7). Have you ever discovered why your periods are irregular??? Has PCOS been ruled out??? I am just wondering (although don't know a lot about it) because I have read that if your LH is consistantly higher than your FSH it can be an indication, along with irregular preiods etc. Not trying to scare you at all as I am nowhere near clued up on this but I would be asking a Dr to take a look at your results especially given they could see no follies...could you have been at a different stage of your cycle?
Even though my periods have regulated I am still going to take bcp for the month before I cycle as I just can't take the risk that my period will be a few days out from stress or whatever. I would definitely speak to your Dr before you go back on them.
I was always told by my SART Dr that they wanted to my period to be full flow before they started stimming me (so not just spotting)...isn't it funny how every Dr has a different idea.
Anyway...good luck with everything.

Regrow
March 7th, 2011, 10:52 PM
Thanks Grasshopper I was diagnosed with mild PCOS years and years ago, and both of my boys were conceived through Clomid/IUI as my periods were so irregular and it was hard to pinpoint ovulation. When I see my GP I will have her look over my results and discuss how we can make my periods more regular. Other than that I am very healthy, the right weight and my DH's sperm test came back excellent! I am going through Dr S also so will keep in mind that he is away early July. Hopefully we will be there at the same time then, GL :)