PDA

View Full Version : 11w3d nt scan, fork on nub is pointing much differently than all the rest I've seen.

Amandan824
October 25th, 2012, 08:58 PM
I know baby is curled up quite a bit but when I turn the photo slightly I can't tell if the angle is facing up or downward. Plus the fork looking thing is split in the middle at a very unique angle. Anyone else's u/s photo look similar or possibly know what I'm looking at or if its leg bone. Anyone want to take a guess on gender and why? I desperately want to be team pink after 2 boys. Thanks everybody for your eyes and your help. :fx: :babygirl:

Turning the page
October 25th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Hmm...the body is curled up a bit, so it makes judging the angle tricky. But if you draw an imaginary line out from the bottom of the spine, it looks like a pretty "low" angle to the nub. I say girl! :)

Amandan824
October 25th, 2012, 09:23 PM
That's 1 for team pink ;) thanks for your response. Either way I feel like guessing helps occupy the time in between the first u/s and the gender one. Lol

Cinss
October 25th, 2012, 10:10 PM
I cant see the nub, sorry.

Mrs_P
October 26th, 2012, 06:23 AM
sorry hunny i can't cleary see the nub and i don't think the theory holds unless the spine is straight - do you have any other pics

Amandan824
October 26th, 2012, 07:56 AM
I do but the baby is curled up the same way and there is nothing visible at all. So that split on top of the bum area isn't a nub? That's sort of good news because I thought it was boy parts. But don't get me wrong, if its another boy I will still be happy. We already have a name for a boy. Maybe I will edit this photo with an arrow so you can see what I'm seeing. Maybe it's part of his thigh. :)

Amandan824
October 26th, 2012, 08:05 AM

I flipped the pic on the side and put an arrow at the thing I was inquiring about lol.

Amandan824
October 26th, 2012, 08:08 AM

Here is one more but I don't see anything but a little bump and his leg in the air.

Mrs_P
October 26th, 2012, 08:33 AM
possibly but from the new pic i'd say its more likely to be the leg than the nub - also at that stage in gestation nubs for boy/girl are still really similar not til closer to 13 weeks that boys have that really angle to them from what i've read. Did you sway for the baby at all?

Ps if it helps the majority of moms i know have 2b1g in that order i am the only one of 2 moms at my boys school with 3boys so odds are in your favour

Amandan824
October 26th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Thank you for your response. We did not do any swaying, however we did do some baby dancing late night the day before O and the morning of. That's why I feel like it may be a boy due to the timing. I know nothing is for certain. It's crazy how this time around I'm so obsessed with the gender. I am certain it's because it's our last one and I would love a little girl to complete our family. Either way, I have lost my mind I think :)

Mrs_P
October 26th, 2012, 08:50 AM
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion-ttc-boy-girl-home-swaying-info/7691-trouble-timing.html

In the words of the lovely atomic - timing makes no difference. Its all about diet and lifestyle - i am was a classic boy mom with each of my three boy pregnancies and didn't even realize it. Check out some of the threads you may have swayed without even realizing it.

There are so many moms on here who have boys with a cut off - me being one of them and nearly all moms on here have their little girl with dtd at opk+ it really makes no difference at all

Mrs_P
October 26th, 2012, 08:51 AM
ps if you have pics from your sons when they were that small you can compare forehead shape - i always think that more accurate when you have a comparison for how one of particular gender will look from that mom (all my three have very similar shaped heads)

ELP
October 26th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Can you rotate your 1st pic flat for me:) I am thinking boy atm, and 11 weeks is completely changeable!!

Amandan824
October 26th, 2012, 09:42 AM

Flat like this? Is that better?

Amandan824
October 26th, 2012, 10:10 AM
That was interesting reading about timing. I knew about capacitated swimmers but this is the first I read denying the difference between male and female sperm. Thanks again!!!

ELP
October 26th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Thats better:) I reckon thats a pretty boyish shot I'm afraid, but I have seen one just like that at the same gestation turn out to be somebodies delivery room surprise girl after 2 boys, best of luck!!

Amandan824
November 10th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Im going for my gender scan in less than 4 weeks, I will let you all know how I made out. Plus, IM sorry that my pic in my original post is so large and on its side. Thats not how I uploaded it, the other pics came out fine. Weird>

esouthal
November 10th, 2012, 01:32 PM
I can't see a nub, sorry

spinningmadly
November 10th, 2012, 03:21 PM
I don't see much of an angle in comparison to the spine so maybe girl?
I have been nubsessing recently though and i've seen so many that looked like clear boy that were girl and vice versa so it's all fun to guess but who knows!

Amandan824
December 7th, 2012, 03:17 PM
IT'S A GIRL!

dloui128
December 7th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Congrats :)

missgozo
December 8th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Great news, enjoy the rest of your pregnancy x

lovemy4
December 8th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Congrats!