PDA

View Full Version : so confused,everyone telling me NOT to do cut-off....advice please

mkarntz1980
February 21st, 2011, 12:19 PM
Okay so I have been talking to people on another board on BBC and people in general and almost everyone is telling me how I shouldnt do cut-off because my ph can spike at anytime and I will never know. They are telling me how they all did cut-offs and got boys. And that the next best thing to O+ 12 is BD/release everyday AF-O. I am soooooo confused now. I am on CD 2 and we were going to make our first attempt this month.

Theres no way, no how I am doing O+12, my cm shifts constantly. There are times in around O day in my cycle when I dont have ewcm then a few hours laters its there again.

nuthinbutpink
February 21st, 2011, 12:28 PM
O + 12 is based on one study of thirty something women and the fact people were pissed that Shettles didn't work. Timing is the least effective way to sway alone. All the other factors-diet and supplements, etc have much more of a scientific basis than timing. I don't think there is a wrong answer with timing except if you BD tooclose to O and mess u your cutoff- there is a large study that shows that on here. Other than that, you kind of have to pick one, keep your pH where it needs to be at all times possible, stick with the diet and other supps you can add and go with it. I wish we had a definitive answer for you, but we don't and neither does anyone else. People will advise you based on their own past experiences and you don't know what other elements they tried at the time.

atomic sagebrush
February 21st, 2011, 01:51 PM
People don't like cutoff. I think it's exactly like NBP says, timing is pretty ineffective but because it's the one thing people have heard of, most people give it a try and when their sway fails they deduce that a cutoff sways blue. But if they had been doing OTHER things in addition to cutoff, they could have been doing everything boy and even if timing swayed a lot (which it doesn't) the boy factors outweighed the girl ones.

The entire female reproductive tract is designed to do one thing. Keep sperm of both genders alive for as long as possible so it can be on hand to fertilize the egg. Everything about it is pretty much tailor-made to do exactly that. Sperm depostited as long as 5-7 days in advance of ovulation has gone onto fertilize an egg. The egg only lives for 12-24 hours after ovulation. So there is no way that with that design, that the 3 billion women on the face of the earth were all conceived with a single shot precisely 12 hours after ovulation. It doesn't even make sense that O+12 would be the "only" or even the best way to conceive a baby girl. Most of the people who have ever been born on the face of the planet were from sperm that was in the vagina prior to ovulation.

pH may not even do anything other than lower sperm count. ALL sperm leave the testicles in semen that has a pH in the 7's. If X sperm "love" low pH, why would men's semen be pH of 7? Why would sperm need EWCM to fertilize an egg if X sperm "love" low pH? It's because ALL SPERM do better in slightly alkaline body fluids, both X and Y.

All the pH studies that were done were trying to support either Shettles and his douches, or else Ericcson and his spinning methods.

mkarntz1980
February 21st, 2011, 03:18 PM
true. I do have one DD....I conceived her the same way I got my boys...I have boy boy girl boy. With my DD we DTD just 3 days, day before O, on O day and maybe the day after. I also
had TONS of ewcm....I didnt even know about swaying. With my last DS i was swaying boy and didnt know it...i just wanted to get pg so I was taking that stuff to give you more EWCM, I used preseed, and a few other things, I think EPO. Its just weird that I did get a girl on O day with all that EWCM

lindi
February 21st, 2011, 05:10 PM
I really think internal hormones and vitamins and minerals and health sway much more than timing. And it's swaying. If someone does a cut off and gets a boy, well, that's perfectly reasonable. A cut off won't guarantee anything.

atomic sagebrush
February 22nd, 2011, 10:04 AM
true. I do have one DD....I conceived her the same way I got my boys...I have boy boy girl boy. With my DD we DTD just 3 days, day before O, on O day and maybe the day after. I also
had TONS of ewcm....I didnt even know about swaying. With my last DS i was swaying boy and didnt know it...i just wanted to get pg so I was taking that stuff to give you more EWCM, I used preseed, and a few other things, I think EPO. Its just weird that I did get a girl on O day with all that EWCM

I agree, the EWCM thing is tricky business because that's what EWCM is FOR, a nice alkaline bunch of goo to keep the sperm alive and help carry them to the egg. I have a hard time wrapping my brain around the idea that EWCM is truly the "enemy".