PDA

View Full Version : Options for the post baby belly

nuthinbutpink
February 21st, 2011, 02:56 PM
I don't want to have a tummy tuck. I dont need that. I do have a little skin though and some fat left on my mid section. Not a ton but enough where I will not wear a two piece.

Is there any procedure besides that which actually works that doesn't have a big recovery time or risk of death!?

nuthinbutpink
February 21st, 2011, 02:57 PM
I should add that I work out 3 days a week hard core so that ain't cutting it!

prettyinpink18
February 21st, 2011, 04:19 PM
Maybe liposuction? I had a girlfriend do this and was pretty happy with it. She was really sore afterward for a few weeks.

LolaInLove
February 21st, 2011, 04:20 PM
That's a good question....my belly skin is way stretched out since I get a very large baby bump. I can do a zillion crunches a day, and have awesome abs, but still have the skin. I fear a tuck is the only way to go....but interested to see any other responses.

nuthinbutpink
February 21st, 2011, 04:23 PM
I wear a size 2 but when I sit, I have a beer belly. It looks like a toddler's budha belly. It's gross. I guess I am just wondering if all the exercise in the world can really ever make it where I can wear a two piece again or if that ship has sailed! Maybe I can just walk backwards! I look good still from the back!

Lilian78
February 21st, 2011, 06:05 PM
I wear a size 2 but when I sit, I have a beer belly.

LOL, I had the same problem for a while. I find that after really not being pregnant for a while, most of it went a way. That exercise really did help after a while. But I still have a little skin. I think a little lipo would help with fat, but not skin . . .

Liv
February 21st, 2011, 10:40 PM
I don't wear a 2 piece either. From what have been told, belly fat has more to do with diet rather then exercising. My fellow crossfitters swear eating "paleo" will help with my post baby belly. I am just not willing to give up coffee, the few grains I do eat, and wine.
Maybe a little lipo would do the trick.

LolaInLove
February 22nd, 2011, 11:12 AM
I have had friends that did both lipo and the tuck...and I like the tuck results better. It's the wrinkly skin that hangs when I am bent over in any way....you know how horrible it is to bend over and look down- post bf boobs that look like cake icing sacks and the belly skin! Well, I'm generally disgruntled by my body as I've hulked on a few pounds since swaying blue. I will likely never be able to afford the tuck anyway, so I guess I'll just be going with all of the fancy skin-firming creams I can find!

atomic sagebrush
February 22nd, 2011, 05:51 PM
Yeah, in the same boat here totally! Even when I was super thin. I almost felt like it looked better when I had a little extra to fill it out!

dreamboat
March 31st, 2011, 04:55 PM
Did you try Tracy Anderson workout on dvd - she swears to get rid of that extra skin- not sure if it works but have heard good reports but you have to do routine 4/5 times a week and its the' post pregnancy workout dvd' not the others.

Belle
April 1st, 2011, 02:00 AM
Depending on where you live you can go to a zap fat centre (laser) it is alot cheaper and less invasive than lipo

Zivic-Bubac
April 2nd, 2011, 05:22 AM
I'm not trying to be smarta$$, but we all had babies at least 2 times, it is normal to have some extra skin. I feel OK with it. I always ask myself: does my DH look like a movie star? Nope, he has beer belly and he is aging and so am I and that is only normal and natural ( aging, not beer belly lol!) My belly looks so much better than his, and I gave birth twice HA!
From what I've read, the look of the post partum belly depends mostly on the status of abdominal muscles before pregnancy and weight ( again before pg). Also wearing elastic corsets for 6 weeks after giving birth is a good thing.

Laser idea sounds much better than classic surgery:agree: