PDA

View Full Version : When do reliable symptoms start?

EmmyRoo
October 26th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm 5dpo today and so far have no pregnancy symptoms whatsoever. My temp fell to 36.4 on ov day, then rose to 36.6 the next day and has risen by 0.1 degrees every day since, apart from today which is same as yesterday, 36.9. I had a check of my CP yesterday and it's still quite high although I can reach it. It always seems open throughout my cycle. I've had the odd twinge in my left side the last couple of days but that's it.

Last month I had such a heavy-feeling womb with aches etc and got a BFN so it must have been psychosomatic. I just wondered if anyone knew when you start getting reliable symptoms, and what they are? Are my temps and CP ok? I'm trying to resist testing till 10dpo, which is when af came last month.

Thanks and Fc for us all. X

dreamingpink77
October 26th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Hi Emmy, if your temps have increased since ovulation, that's a good sign. Mine were always increasing a little by little, sometimes I would have 2consecutive days with same temp and then the following day get a 0.1 increase. I compared my chart with previous cycles and it was very different. Previous cycles had the pattern of a zig zag with temps going up and down, while during my pregnancy chart, they just were going slowly higher. Cervix was also high and had a little cm everyday, which was unusual for me. I also had a very very faint twinge on my left abdominal side at 10dpo. First symptoms were dizzinness, just a little though and then tender breasts at about 11dpo. I was also more hungry but not everyday. Something else on the list was vivid dreams,which started at about 5dpo. Didn't feel nausea until I was about 5wks or more pregnant. Good luck, hope this is it for you :)

dreamingpink77
October 26th, 2012, 08:18 AM
By the way, I tested at 10dpo with an early response and it was negative. Then tested again at 12dpo and had a very very faint line. So don't lose hope if you test at 10dpo and get a negative.

Mrs_P
October 26th, 2012, 08:23 AM
i'm just over 5 weeks and still not got any real symptoms - looking back in the 2ww i had sore boobs and was tired / hungry (but then i had started a new job and was sitting an exam so was up til 1am most mornings working). Funnily enough for me (and a fair few women on here) the month when you don't get any symptoms and think your out for sure, its the month you get your bfp - i had everything under the sun the bfn months (sickness, tiredness, metallic taste)

Mum23boys
October 26th, 2012, 08:25 AM
By the way, I tested at 10dpo with an early response and it was negative. Then tested again at 12dpo and had a very very faint line. So don't lose hope if you test at 10dpo and get a negative.

This gives me hope as i really think i will get a negative tomorrow at 10dpo but hoping to god monday it turns positive !!

EmmyRoo
October 26th, 2012, 11:06 AM

Thanks dreaming, I'll be happy to just not start bleeding at 10dpo, that's when af started last month and my LP seems to be shortening every couple of months.

I checked my cervix earlier and it's closed! Is that normal at 5dpo?

X

confusedman
October 26th, 2012, 09:42 PM
I don't have any answers I'm afraid, I had just been wondering the same thing :) my dw is 5 dpo today as well (also with no symptoms). Good luck and pink dust for your sway!

dreamingpink77
October 27th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Thanks dreaming, I'll be happy to just not start bleeding at 10dpo, that's when af started last month and my LP seems to be shortening every couple of months.

I checked my cervix earlier and it's closed! Is that normal at 5dpo?

X

I checked my chart at 5dpo, cervix was medium to soft and a little open.