PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone done pgd with Dr Potter and had SUCCESS!!!!!

twins2
February 21st, 2011, 07:03 PM
Just wondering if anyone has done pgd with Dr Potter and have had success. My husband and I are looking at going to the states at the end of this year and I have noticed that Dr Potter seems to pop up on this sight and on In-gender.com site. I have had a terrible experience with another clinic in Los Angeles with pgd and the more reading I do the more I find out that I am not the only one that has dealt with this clinic and has been left with empty pockets and a horrible sick feeling in your stomach. At this stage I am pretty much terrified that I will loose again.
How is Dr Potter and his clinic,does anyone have any stories or know of anyone who has been to him and been happy with him and have had a successful result in pgd. I will be 33 in January 2012.

nuthinbutpink
February 21st, 2011, 07:14 PM
I'm sure she will chime in if she sees this but Lillian on here has a DD through Potter. There is a recent BFP with him in the private section so I will let her tell if she chooses due to privacy, there are several from IG that I know. Dr Potter is obviously very open to GS and that makes him very approachable and that is definitely part of the appeal.

There are a few cyclers coming up in the next 2 months that are cycling with Dr Potter that post on here too, but the list is in the HT Private Forum.

I am sorry you had a bad experience. I would schedule a consult and see what you think. You can schedule a couple using information you find on here and using tools like SART.org. Carole, the other IVF expert on here that answers our questions has a great blog at www.fertilitylabinsider.com about choosing a clinic.

It is a huge ordeal, especially when you factor in the travel that some of you have to do. If I can be of assistance, please let me know.

twins2
February 21st, 2011, 07:51 PM
Thanks for that, I am actually waiting for my dream membership to come through which I paid through paypal once that comes through It maybe easier for me to speak to other members. I have also looked at another Dr in the states Dr Peymen Saddat he also does PGD and at a very reasonable price. This really does your head inn I must say.

nuthinbutpink
February 21st, 2011, 08:21 PM
It is automated so there is no waiting...did you use a debit or credit card? If so, are you sure it went through? The membership requires no intervention on my part so please let me know.

nuthinbutpink
February 21st, 2011, 08:26 PM
I see what you did! I can intervene and go ahead and give you access! Thank you!

twins2
February 21st, 2011, 08:55 PM
Thanks for that, Still trying to get use to the site did'nt know how to open private message but I am sure I will work it out.

nuthinbutpink
February 21st, 2011, 09:19 PM
Top right says Notifications and it is highlighted if you have one. If you turn off your pop up blocker for this site, they pop up while you are online. You have full access now.

prettyflamingo
March 4th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Just wondering if anyone has done pgd with Dr Potter and have had success. My husband and I are looking at going to the states at the end of this year and I have noticed that Dr Potter seems to pop up on this sight and on In-gender.com site. I have had a terrible experience with another clinic in Los Angeles with pgd and the more reading I do the more I find out that I am not the only one that has dealt with this clinic and has been left with empty pockets and a horrible sick feeling in your stomach. At this stage I am pretty much terrified that I will loose again.
How is Dr Potter and his clinic,does anyone have any stories or know of anyone who has been to him and been happy with him and have had a successful result in pgd. I will be 33 in January 2012.

I have just had a BFN after cycling with Dr Potter. Although I am totally devastated, I cannot praise him and Lori highly enough, and if i had more money I would cycle with him again. It is a HUGE ordeal though, mentally, financially and physically. I am quite broken by it at the moment:-'(

nuthinbutpink
March 4th, 2011, 05:22 PM
I have just had a BFN after cycling with Dr Potter. Although I am totally devastated, I cannot praise him and Lori highly enough, and if i had more money I would cycle with him again. It is a HUGE ordeal though, mentally, financially and physically. I am quite broken by it at the moment:-'(

I'm so sorry to hear of your BFN. I know how badly it hurts:sad:. I hope you will stick around and hang out with us though.:Flower:

Lilian78
March 4th, 2011, 10:28 PM
I'm sure she will chime in if she sees this but Lillian on here has a DD through Potter.

Yup, and I can't say enough good things about him. He's definitely a busy man, so there were some minor annoyances (waiting), but I think he handled by cycle beautifully when it could easily have been mismanaged (very quick response to stims). He's understanding, called me several times during my cycle, and had a nice heart to heart with me when I was considering a 3 day transfer with just MS. Loved him and Lori :)

Daisy Mae
March 12th, 2011, 02:47 PM
A little late in the game as I am just now seeing this, but I wanted to let you know that I also had success with Dr. P at HRC. I am due any day now with twin girls. GL!

snowflowr82
July 7th, 2011, 01:28 AM
Hope you guys dont mind me asking your ages that had success through Dr. P and maybe what you guys did ahead of time such as supplements/vitamins exercise ect.... thanks so much I am planning on using Dr. P and not sure we can afford more than one cycle so i want to make sure that i do all i can to help my body work properly lol... thanks so much

Shari

RubyOrchid
August 24th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Hi! I went to HRC in Laguna Hills in 2008. My husband and I had one prior child and no fertility issues. I had a slow response to meds, a cyst, but in the end I had two girl blasts and a BFP with my first cycle with Dr.Potter's help. We also used MS. My little girl is 2 now. It was a very busy office during my time but he is attentive and on the ball!!! I really like him...he will give you the facts and his opinions straight but is also sincere and compassionate.

debby
September 9th, 2011, 08:04 AM
I think you will find many girls who have had success with dr Potter

debby
September 9th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Did you use MS or just IVF+PGD?

A little late in the game as I am just now seeing this, but I wanted to let you know that I also had success with Dr. P at HRC. I am due any day now with twin girls. GL!

Cagirl09
October 27th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Hey Lara,

I think MS stands for MicroSort which is no longer available here in the U.S. I think you can still have it done in Mexico and Cypress. I know you can go down there and have the sperm sorted and shipped back to an independent sperm bank here for use, but we asked Dr. Potter and he did not seem to think it would give us that much advantage due to the effects on sperm quality. He advised strongly against shipping sperm both ways, so from here to Mexico for sorting, and then back. He said he has had people do that and often what comes back looks like "sludge."

Cagirl09
November 2nd, 2013, 09:51 AM
Lara, we have had our consult with Dr. Potter and have fairly recently completed all of our pre-testing, but we will not be cycling until after the holidays in January. We're so excited!

rpascual
November 16th, 2013, 11:18 PM
I think I can count myself successful =). BFP with good betas. Just waiting for ultrasound and heart beat. I'm 29 had a good diet and supplements going for about 3 mo but fell off the bandwagon the last 2mo prior to cycling. I had one normal girl and she stuck =). I had 4/12 normals. I loved Lori sand Dr. Potter. The waiting does suck but in the end its worth it.