PDA

View Full Version : Supps that are Ok on a medicated cycle???

cemas
February 22nd, 2011, 05:35 PM
Hi ,

I am planning on doing a medicated cycle and then timed intercourse after trigger since i have very long irregular cycles. i am TTC a boy. I had a m/c on feb 7. i will skip this month.

What all supps can we still take with a medicated cycle and not affect hormones or mess with the meds.

Is it Ok to still take Gelatin and Tribulus...T???

I plan on takingthe following

Pycenogenol

folic acid with B12

prenatal with Dha and NO calcium

zinc

co-enzq10

fish oil

royal jelly/bee pollen

Wheat-grass

FUR-false unicorn root

Is it ok to take BSD during the stim period with injectibles? we are aiming for 3-4 eggs only.

Since we plan to do timed intercourse ,i will do mucinex and BSF the week of O. anything i can incude or am missing????

thanks in advance.

nuthinbutpink
February 22nd, 2011, 08:39 PM
I think your list looks okay and having done IVF, I used many of these supps in advance of our cycle. The only contraindicator I found was false unicorn root can cause uterine contractions in some but other than that, your list looks fine to me and I am not aware of anything that would conflict with the meds. You can ask your RE to be sure because we are not doctors!

I am so sorry about your miscarriage. The only other supplement that you could think about/ask your RE about is DHEA. It is used in people that have DOR or older patients with egg quality issues. I used it for my IVF cycle and I know of others on IG that have used it- one natural pregnancy in an older mom recently. It needs to be taken for some time in advance to help though so don't add it now.

Good luck and I hope you get your boy!

nuthinbutpink
February 22nd, 2011, 08:41 PM
I made a copy of this post and put it in the Infertility Forum where Michaela might pop on and see it. She would be a good person to run this list by too!

cemas
February 22nd, 2011, 09:53 PM
Thanks appreciate ur response and will check Micheala input too

atomic sagebrush
February 23rd, 2011, 10:48 AM
Gelatin, folic acid/b12, prenatal, zinc, Co q 10, fish oil, wheat grass - all ok and highly recommended.

Probably safe but proceed with caution - royal jelly/bee pollen and pycnogenol - they do affect hormones somewhat but are probably still ok to take.

I would skip tribulus and FUR because they mess with hormones in ways that may interfere with the fertility medicine.

How much folic are you taking? You should be doing at least 2000 mcg because the boy diet causes folic to leach from your system. Spread it out in 4 or 5 doses over the course of the day for best absorption.

Mucinex and BSF are fine with fertility meds. I couldn't find anything either for or against BSD with injectibles so I would proceed with caution on that.

LolaInLove
February 24th, 2011, 09:14 AM
:wave: HI Cemas! Are you doing IVF this time? XOXO

cemas
February 24th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Nope Lola,
just a lil stimulation and timed intercourse.

LolaInLove
February 24th, 2011, 12:29 PM
I didn't think so. The DHEA might be a good choice for you....can't remember if you are up in the "aged ttcer" category, but maybe it doesn't matter.