PDA

View Full Version : Supps that are Ok on a medicated cycle???

cemas
February 22nd, 2011, 05:35 PM
Hi ,

I am planning on doing a medicated cycle and then timed intercourse after trigger since i have very long irregular cycles. i am TTC a boy. I had a m/c on feb 7. i will skip this month.

What all supps can we still take with a medicated cycle and not affect hormones or mess with the meds.

Is it Ok to still take Gelatin and Tribulus...T???

I plan on takingthe following

Pycenogenol

folic acid with B12

prenatal with Dha and NO calcium

zinc

co-enzq10

fish oil

royal jelly/bee pollen

Wheat-grass

FUR-false unicorn root

Is it ok to take BSD during the stim period with injectibles? we are aiming for 3-4 eggs only.

Since we plan to do timed intercourse ,i will do mucinex and BSF the week of O. anything i can incude or am missing????

thanks in advance.

nuthinbutpink
February 22nd, 2011, 08:39 PM
I think your list looks okay and having done IVF, I used many of these supps in advance of our cycle. The only contraindicator I found was false unicorn root can cause uterine contractions in some but other than that, your list looks fine to me and I am not aware of anything that would conflict with the meds. You can ask your RE to be sure because we are not doctors!

I am so sorry about your miscarriage. The only other supplement that you could think about/ask your RE about is DHEA. It is used in people that have DOR or older patients with egg quality issues. I used it for my IVF cycle and I know of others on IG that have used it- one natural pregnancy in an older mom recently. It needs to be taken for some time in advance to help though so don't add it now.

Good luck and I hope you get your boy!

michaela
March 8th, 2011, 07:47 PM
So sorry to hear about your miscarriage. :(

The FUR will contradict you meds so you can't take that and even though the Gelatin and TT raises your testosterone I don't think they would interfere with a medicated cycle.

Good luck!!