PDA

View Full Version : 2WW and maintaining girl diet?

Babushka
February 23rd, 2011, 02:33 AM
Hi there, I read here somewhere (can't remember where) and have been thinking about it since that when you are in the 2WW that this is THE most important time to maintain girl diet. I cannot recall why that is though or if I even read a reason for this to be the case. Can someone enlighten me? Thanks so much. Babushka. xx

atomic sagebrush
February 23rd, 2011, 11:49 AM
YES, that is the case, regarding the lower blood sugar parts of the diet. We have some highly reliable evidence (pretty much the most reliable evidence of anything having to do with swaying) that XX fertilized eggs thrive in a lower glucose environment and XY thrive in a medium glucose environment (no one likes a high glucose environment). Glucose is present in CM and the evidence indicates it is controlled by diet. In order for our XX beans to grow and implant, it may be very important that we keep our blood sugar levels on the lower side during the 2WW. Once the egg has implanted, then you can slowly resume a normal eating pattern.

To keep glucose low is actually quite easy and you don't need to overthink it - 1) skip breakfast 2) do not snack, eat 2 or 3 meals spaced several hours apart (you should be hungry for awhile before you eat 3) do not eat very large Christmas-dinner-style meals with lots of fat, protein, and sugar all at once, because your blood sugar will rise high from the sugar and then stay high for a long time afterwards because of the protein.

Babushka
February 23rd, 2011, 03:55 PM
Ahhh... that is very interesting! Thanks Atomic! I am really going to try to maintain my diet like that. It will be difficult for me as I am a notorious snacker/cup of tea drinker. But I have already changed many aspects if my diet already and I am devoted to this sway, so I am going to do my very best! Babushka. xx

atomic sagebrush
February 23rd, 2011, 05:40 PM
Me too, I eat all day long! Good luck!

Babushka
February 24th, 2011, 06:21 AM
Atomic, I just knew we were kindred spirits! :)

atomic sagebrush
February 24th, 2011, 10:48 AM
:wink:

Update, after I posted on this thread yesterday I was reading a study that seemed to indicate that the low glucose may affect your hormones in a girl friendly way even before the 2WW, so for anyone inclined to cheat and only do the low blood glucose stuff in the 2WW, it really is best to do it all along.