PDA

View Full Version : When does the average egg implant?

EmmyRoo
October 28th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Hi,
I am worrying that my AF will arrive 10dpo like the last 2 cycles. Atomic said on another thread in TTC pink that 2 days is enough time for an egg to implant and stop your period starting. So that would mean I'd have to implant on 8dpo at the latest (I.e. tomorrow) in order for the egg not to be flushed away, right?

Is 8dpo when implantation normally occurs or is that quite early? I thought 10dpo was more usual for implantation, in which case my egg has no chance . This is all assuming my egg was even fertilised, it may not have been, I just feel with all the attempts and ovulation signs I had, I could very likely have conceived, but my short LP is going to mess it up. :sad:

Does anyone know what is the average or "normal" time to implant?

Thanks. X

cvd
October 28th, 2012, 07:11 PM
I think it's around 6-7 dpo depending on cycle length! I'm not 100% on that but I'm sure someone will know and it can def be earlier or later! Mine happened 5dpo! Got my BFP 9dpo! But I have a shorter cycle, 26 days.

mama2LB
October 29th, 2012, 03:29 PM
I'm not currently in 2ww (cd6) but I also fear this every month. My LP is 10 days too. I've been taking Vitex, which had made no difference and this last cycle added 75mg vitb6 o-af which had no effect on LP either.
Like you I hope 10days is enough, it was for me when I fell pg with DS.
Good luck xx

Mrs_P
October 29th, 2012, 04:53 PM
no your fine don't worry - i have a 10 day period between opk+ and af - 9 at its shortest, 11 at its longest. Have never struggled to get pregnant - this baby i got my bfp at 17dpo, af was well late but tests were all negative til 16dpo then it was very faint - no idea what was going on in there but it was enough to stop af - i had cramping from 13dpo onwards - presumed that was when implantation was. Most of us boy moms have short lp's - mother nature is very clever don't worry