PDA

View Full Version : AS - Super green's mix - look any good?

ELP
February 23rd, 2011, 05:01 AM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6-Super-greens-Mix-Wheatgrass-Spirulina-Alfalfa-Spinach-/220699088462?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Vitamins_Suppleme nts&hash=item3362b0d64e

I am running out of wheatgrass:sad: (not really lol), do you think the above is worth a try? It's twice as expensive but would the other ingrediants be worth the extra and help with blue do you think?

Alfalfa, Barleygrass, Stevia, Wheatgrass, Spinach & Spirulina in powder form.

atomic sagebrush
February 23rd, 2011, 11:10 AM
It looks good to me, very healthy, but I need to let you know that alfalfa, barleygrass, spirulina, and spinach do have calcium (remember I am not totally convinced that avoiding calcium is the right thing for blue swayers). But a chemical in spinach actually interferes with calcium absorption so it may be all good.

Alfalfa contains phytoestrogens which ~may~ compete with the body's natural estrogen. Then again, they may not and may actually boost estrogen. Conflicting info on that one.

ELP
February 23rd, 2011, 12:09 PM
Yes it was the alfalfa that had me umming and aaring. I think I'll stick with the good ol' original WG itself, MMM,MMMM!!!

LolaInLove
February 24th, 2011, 08:50 AM
http://www.herbsetc.com/Topics/PDF/chloro_bro_07.pdf

This is a green supplement that I take.....I know it's not the same thing as wheatgrass and all, but it helps alkalize and build up the blood. Not sure if it's a good swaying item, but I do like how I feel when I take it (been doing it for a few months) and it has to count as a "veggie", no?

atomic sagebrush
February 24th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Yes, I think that def. counts as a veggie! It doesn't seem to be hormonal like alfalfa is and so would be a good choice.

It's based on stinging nettle which is a fertility enhancer and may increase CM (does contain calcium and magnesium though so be aware.)

LolaInLove
February 24th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Hmmm....not so worried about the calcium (I'm with you that it's not that big of a deal....plus I think your body needs some for normal functioning, espcially the functioning of conceiving)...is the mag bad though? Overall, would you take it, Atomic?

atomic sagebrush
February 24th, 2011, 06:13 PM
In a heartbeat.

LolaInLove
February 28th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Awesome, thanks....I am a bit more concerned about increasing my ability to keep a bean in there, and I think anything good for the blood is going to help, not to mention this supplement is in the "alkalizing" section of the healthy food store.