PDA

View Full Version : Due in October 2011

nuthinbutpink
February 23rd, 2011, 07:46 AM
Due date thread for October babies!:awe:

Aqua
March 18th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Me on Oct 19th. There are no Oct birthdays in my family.

iyamaryam
March 22nd, 2011, 04:54 PM
Hi, just joined due Oct 8th, my girls are nov and dec babies.

Vendela
March 23rd, 2011, 12:32 PM
Hi girls! I'm due October 12th so 11 weeks pregnant today :) Getting excited and nervous about my NT scan next week. Am 37 this time around so might be 'high risk' yikes!

stephiel
April 2nd, 2011, 04:36 PM
Hi girls
So excited about this new site! Love IG but have had so many issues with getting into the threads and such. I am due October 15th and just had my CVS test done on Thursday. I will get the initial results early next week including the sex! Just posted on the ultrasound board if anyone wants to take a guess :)

LolaInLove
April 6th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Hi girls, I'm a Nov mama-to-be....just wanted to pick your brain, Stephiel, about the CVS if you don't mind.....I'm 35 and my first appt is on the 20th, so not sure what kind of route my dr will go with that, whether she will encourage me to do one or not. I kind of want to though, to be honest, just to see if all is ok. The finding out gender part is a minimal draw, but nonetheless, I am trying to come to some sort of a decision about whether or not I want to do it. Any advice is much appreciated! Hope you ladies are all feeling fabulous!!!! XOXO

goingfor3
April 17th, 2011, 09:22 PM
---

Aqua
April 18th, 2011, 02:05 PM
ANyone feeling flutters or movements? I felt a couple last week at 13th week

stephiel
April 20th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Hi Lolain
sorry that I didn't see this message to me earlier. I have been working a lot and not as much online. Not sure what you decided to do but I am so happy that I did the CVS. Mine was painless and quick and because I live in LA one of the best doctors in the country who helped create the CVS was able to do my test. I had no issues whatsoever and paid extra to get the initial results and then the bulk of them came in about 2 weeks later. The beautiful thing is that our little bean is perfectly healthy and a precious baby girl. Nice to know so early so I can relax a little and also plan as well :) Let me know what you decide!

LolaInLove
April 21st, 2011, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the advice, Stephiel.....unfortunately, things didn't go so well at my 8 week appt yesterday, and there was nothing in the gestational sac. But, next time I get pregnant, we are going to do it for sure. Congrats on your healthy baby girl!!!

Aqua
April 21st, 2011, 10:45 AM
:sad: Oh! Lola sweety... I am heartbroken for you. I am sorry that happened. I know it was your worst fear. Hugs to you. I was so sure this is it for you this time. Was the doctor able to give you any details on why this happened?

LolaInLove
April 21st, 2011, 12:35 PM
:sad: Oh! Lola sweety... I am heartbroken for you. I am sorry that happened. I know it was your worst fear. Hugs to you. I was so sure this is it for you this time. Was the doctor able to give you any details on why this happened?

Thanks, Aqua. Well, no explanation, but I'm pretty sure it was another chromosomal defect issue. Apparently that is why most blighted ovums are blighted. The sac and all the support stuff grows fine, but the actual baby does not, which is why there was nothing in there. I get worried about that because I'm 35 and DH is 38....so now we are going to work on being super healthy and keep our FX that we can make a healthy one sometime soon. Like I said to Stephiel, I will DEFINITELY be doing a CVS now, though, for this very reason.

Zivic-Bubac
April 21st, 2011, 01:05 PM
Maybe you want to consider amniocentesis instead of CVS, I believe it's less invasive then CVS ( although still holds some risks, just like CVS, m/c being the 1)
My gyn insisted on amniocentesis when I was pg with dd2 bcos of heavy bleeding I had in 9.week ( the diagnosis was 'threatened miscarriage')

Aqua
April 21st, 2011, 03:38 PM
35 and 38 are pretty young. Lots of people start at this age. Dont take age as the main factor at all sweets. Lots of my friends had their second ones only after 35.

LolaInLove
April 25th, 2011, 09:10 AM
35 and 38 are pretty young. Lots of people start at this age. Dont take age as the main factor at all sweets. Lots of my friends had their second ones only after 35. This is good to remember, thanks! I just get so worried that we can't make a normal baby. Zivic, I don't think I could handle an amnio, I cannot deal with needles at all....in fact, I fainted for a few minutes when they took blood at my appt. My DH could hear them trying to revive me while he was in the waiting room! And I like that CVS is early so you can terminate if necessary.

Hope everyone is doing well!

stephiel
May 23rd, 2011, 08:36 PM
Lola not sure if you are still checking this thread but just saw your update about your little one. I am so sorry to read this news. I personally wouldn't want to do an amnio and much prefer the cvs. The odds are not riskier for something going wrong unless you don't have a competant doctor. This is one doc you def want to find an excelled doctor for. Hopefully you will be looking into these types of tests relatively soon and hoping that you are doing ok. Take care sweetie....