PDA

View Full Version : Help me think of boy names to go with middle name "Harry"

jennaesue
October 29th, 2012, 09:50 AM
I know it's WAY early to be thinking of names, but I can't help myself. I don't even want to go there with girls names, so I'm busy thinking of boys names.

Each of my boys has a significant middle name. If the next baby is a boy, I'd like to honor my mom's dad, who died when she was only 9. His name was Harry Disbrow (don't even ask me about that middle name - I have NO idea where it came from!) So I am considering using Harry as a middle name. The two first names I have been playing around with are Miles and Theodore, but I'm not really sure I like them with Harry. In fact, I can't really think of any boy names that go with it well. Any ideas? I has to be a classic name. My boys now are Henry James, Benjamin Vincent, and James Conor.

Mum23boys
October 29th, 2012, 09:58 AM
William ?

Boymomsrock
October 29th, 2012, 09:59 AM
I actually like miles Harry! What about Thomas, Nathan, samuel, Christopher, William.

Mum23boys
October 29th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Adam
Alexander
Andrew
Anthony
Arthur
Benjamin
Charles
Christopher
Daniel
David
Edward
Francis
Frank
Frederick
George
Harry
Henry
Hugh
Jack
Jacob
James
John
Jonathan
Joseph
Julian
Leo
Louis
Luke
Mark
Martin
Matthew
Michael
Nathan
Nathaniel
Nicholas
Patrick
Paul
Peter
Philip
Raymond
Richard
Robert
Samuel
Simon
Stephen
Theodore
Thomas
Timothy
Victor
Vincent
Walter
William
Zachary

jennaesue
October 29th, 2012, 10:55 AM
We did consider William last time, but I think if we used "William Harry" people would think we are royalty-obsessed. Samuel is another one that has been hanging around our boy name list for awhile. Also Charles. I don't think I like anything with Harry. Darn it. Maybe I should come up with another name that would somehow honor my mother's side. Help me brainstorm! Her name is Gail Florence (btw - she hates it. poor mom) and her mom's name was Florence Louise. Can I get any good boy names out of any of those? I guess Louis.

Mum23boys
October 29th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Could you not use Harry as a first name its a classic boys name ? Henry, Benjamin, James and Harry ??

Mum23boys
October 29th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Louis ? Like louis walsh - not sxure how its spelt but its the first half of louise ? Sorry if im not being much help !!

I dont think you need to worry too much about the whole name sounds together like saying out the first and middle name together - if its doesnt sound right its not such a bad thing cos it has meaning and was chosen for a reason which is more important and when was the last time someone called you by your first and middle name together ? Do half your friends even know your middle name ?
Honestly i wouldnt worry if you like Harry and want it as a middle name then use it and dont worry too much about how it sounds so long as the first ad last name sound right together. xxx

Rosie85
October 29th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Too funny....the only two names on my boy list were Miles and Theodore. We are more than likely going with Theodore. Love that name. Harry is a tricky middle name in the sense that it doesn't flow with many names it just is kind of there but it doesn't sound bad. I think Theodore Harry would be cute!

AMY
October 29th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Vince Harry? Sounds good to me.

jennaesue
October 29th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Too funny....the only two names on my boy list were Miles and Theodore. We are more than likely going with Theodore. Love that name. Harry is a tricky middle name in the sense that it doesn't flow with many names it just is kind of there but it doesn't sound bad. I think Theodore Harry would be cute!

I love Theodore, too! Teddy is the cutest name ever. I just have to convince my dh! I think Theodore Harry sounds okay but not fantastic. I have time to think about it, obviously! I don't even know how far along I am yet.

Tiggerian
October 30th, 2012, 05:47 AM
I LOVE Theodore - Theodore Harry sounds nice too and fits well with your other boys names.

My youngest is called Noah Theodore and everyone always tells me how lovely both names are, so I'd say go for it if you have another lil' boy =D

strawberrymom
November 30th, 2012, 09:24 PM
What about Harrison as an middle name homage. It sounds good with Miles and Theodore I think. My nephew is Noah Harrison after grandpa Harry.

jennaesue
December 1st, 2012, 08:09 AM
What about Harrison as an middle name homage. It sounds good with Miles and Theodore I think. My nephew is Noah Harrison after grandpa Harry.

That's a good idea, strawberrymom! That one didn't occur to me. I'll file it away under name ideas. :) Thanks!

4devochki
December 1st, 2012, 08:18 AM
Was your granddad Harry or Harold? Harold is cool in an old English kind of way, plus it sounds great with the formality of the first names you like.

If you go with Harry, then I like the way Bernard, Jacob or Damian sound as first names.

jennaesue
December 1st, 2012, 10:20 AM
Was your granddad Harry or Harold? Harold is cool in an old English kind of way, plus it sounds great with the formality of the first names you like.

If you go with Harry, then I like the way Bernard, Jacob or Damian sound as first names.

No, just Harry as far as I know.

lovemy4
December 1st, 2012, 06:12 PM
I didn't know you were pregnant!!! Congrats!

I like the idea of using Harrison as the middle name. For a first name I think Oliver sounds nice with your other little guys :)

jennaesue
December 1st, 2012, 09:08 PM
I didn't know you were pregnant!!! Congrats!

I like the idea of using Harrison as the middle name. For a first name I think Oliver sounds nice with your other little guys :)

Oh, I like Oliver! I'll run that one by dh. :) And yes, I haven't made any official announcements yet. Thanks for the congratulations!

Tulips
December 6th, 2012, 12:50 AM
Did you know that Prince Harry's real name is Henry and that Harry is a traditional nickname for Henry so in some ways you have already honoured that name

babygirlplz
December 7th, 2012, 04:40 AM
Harrison sounds good.
Harlan, Harvey.

Louix, Louis, Floris, Florian, Floyd :P

jennaesue
December 7th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Did you know that Prince Harry's real name is Henry and that Harry is a traditional nickname for Henry so in some ways you have already honoured that name

You know, I did know that but I kind of forgot about it, LOL! Thanks, mommy brain. However, I do think I would consider honoring my mom's side in a more direct fashion next time. We'll see. :)