PDA

View Full Version : How to take your supps and when?

TTC5
February 23rd, 2011, 05:22 PM
With the list of boy supps is there anywhere we can take a look to get more info on when to take what supps etc and what not to take them with?

Currently I take

Effexor - this is my own medication for anxiety and depression am hoping to wean off before TTC.. but we will see?

I take this in the morning (on an empty tummy) with folic acid & fish oil.

DH has been taking his supps: fish oil, folic acid, Vit E and Zinc with his morning coffee milk.

Should we be taking them a different way?

Cheers!!

LolaInLove
February 24th, 2011, 09:11 AM
That's a good question. I try to spread ours out so we take some 3 times a day to avoid taking them all at once. Here's my schedule:

Morning: Folic Acid, L Arg, and Mucinex (with a shot of green juice, this chlorophyll drink I like).

Lunch: Folic Acid, Fish and Flaxseed oil, Pynogenol, Potassium supp (1/2 of one), and Vitamin D.

Before bed (so a couple of hours after dinner): Folic Acid +B12, Royal Jelly/Bee Pollen, Zinc, DHEA (25mg), EPO, Raspberry Leaf supp.

BUT I have no idea if this is a good schedule....like I said, I just try to space it out in hopes of less counteraction between them.

atomic sagebrush
February 24th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Folic acid is best spread out through the day for maximum absorption.

I like Lola's plan and I think it's actually easier to break them up than swallow all at once.

Let me do some research and write something up, ok??

TTC5
February 24th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Thanks Atomic that would be great! xx

crystal-light
February 24th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Interested in when to take supps for ttc girl too :)