PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about your brekkie!

TTC5
February 23rd, 2011, 05:25 PM
I am thinking of having rice bubbles with soy and a chopped banana - no sugar!

Is this a good brekkie for boy sway?

TTC5
February 23rd, 2011, 05:26 PM
Oh and organic green tea!

atomic sagebrush
February 23rd, 2011, 06:29 PM
:oops:I don't know what rice bubbles are??

I would like to see you try for a bigger breakfast with more protein. That is almost 100% pure carbs and even though it's not sugar, your body will digest it like it is. When you eat pure carbs, you actually end up with LOW blood sugar because your body releases massive amounts of insulin to deal with the carbs and then your blood sugar plummets. Eating some protein and carbs together means you have your blood sugar at a nice even level for a long time after eating.

When I conceived DS 3 I ate 1/2 cup of nuts and a few dates every morning for breakfast. A small steak with some fruit, oatmeal with peanut butter mixed in, etc. Eat some protein at every meal because your body can only digest a certain amount per meal.

I will write up a "when and how to eat meals for blue" that will explain in more detail.

TTC5
February 23rd, 2011, 08:33 PM
Ohhh see I actually never eat brekkie, right now am sitting down at 12.30pm and having my first meal of the day :S

What could we have that doesn't require alot of cooking?

I think rice bubbles are what you may call rice pops/crispies???

ELP
February 24th, 2011, 07:43 AM
Having some nuts in the cupboard is a quite an easy breakfast option TTC5! I have an open pack of walnuts, brazil nuts and dried apricots, so while I'm making everyone else's cereal and cups of tea I just pick away at the nuts/apricots, they are surprisingly filling. The apricots satisfy my sugar craving and i am finding that the need for sugar binges are starting to pass:agree: I thought the nuts were going to be expensive but again I have found that I'm not getting through them half as fast as I thought I would. When evryone else has got their beakfast then a quick small bowl of oatmeal should top you up nicely.

LolaInLove
February 24th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Let me tell you, with getting the kids up for school and then having to get dressed up for work myself, the last thing I feel like doing is cooking anything....BUT, I found this fab little egg pan at World Market (I am sure they sell them everywhere, Target, etc.). It is about the size of a piece of bread, so you just spray some oil in there, crack and egg, and let it go, no need to fuss with it much unless you want to scramble it. Then, just flip it out onto a plate or onto a piece of toast (and it fits perfectly, which my kids think is super cool). For some reason, it cuts out a lot of time with a big pan and having to tend to the egg while it's cooking.

atomic sagebrush
February 24th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Ohhh see I actually never eat brekkie, right now am sitting down at 12.30pm and having my first meal of the day :S

What could we have that doesn't require alot of cooking?

I think rice bubbles are what you may call rice pops/crispies???

I assumed so but I thought I better ask to make sure!

Other kinds of cereal are better than that and you could pick one of them instead. Granola, muesli, oatmeal. Do you have energy bars?

I'm not sure exactly what Wheatabix are but if they are like Wheaties or Shredded Wheat (whole grains) they would be better than the rice cereal.

Even something like Marmite on whole wheat bread or beans on toast (wheat) would be good.

atomic sagebrush
February 24th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Having some nuts in the cupboard is a quite an easy breakfast option TTC5! I have an open pack of walnuts, brazil nuts and dried apricots, so while I'm making everyone else's cereal and cups of tea I just pick away at the nuts/apricots, they are surprisingly filling. The apricots satisfy my sugar craving and i am finding that the need for sugar binges are starting to pass:agree: I thought the nuts were going to be expensive but again I have found that I'm not getting through them half as fast as I thought I would. When evryone else has got their beakfast then a quick small bowl of oatmeal should top you up nicely.

Agree totally and as I have mentioned on some other threads (sorry!) I ate walnuts or almonds with dates every morning when I was TTC DS 3. Kept me going all morning long and I worked a very hard physical job outdoors.

If you stir a couple spoonfulls of peanut butter into oatmeal, it is delicious and also very good for a boy.

TTC5
February 24th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Hi ladies, great advice..

Ok so I do not like nuts, but do like salted peanuts lol??

I have fruit allergies and can not have: apples, pear, apricot, peach anything that contains a seed or pip really =(

By the time I get home it is 9am is this too late for brekkie do you think? I could probably have an egg - what is the best way to have these? On some toast with some tomato I thought?

So wholemeal is the best bread you think?

And shredded wheat too is better you think? Thanks for that I can buy shredded wheat here =)

What is oatmeal is this the same as what we call porridge/rolled oats?

TTC5
February 24th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Oh could add some bacon to the brekkie too?

atomic sagebrush
February 24th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Absolutely although bacon is not very heavy on the protein. You'll just have to eat a lot of it LOL!! Sausages also could work.

Salted peanuts are fine. Don't worry too much about forcing yourself to eat things you utterly hate, just make up for it with things you love!

Yes, oatmeal is porrige, I'm sorry I knew that.

ANYTHING whole grain is great for blue. Just be sure to take your fat-soluble vitamins A and D and your fish oil/ EPO at a different time of day because the fiber in the whole grains can absorb some of the fats. (don't overthink that though, it isn't of critical importance.)

TTC5
February 24th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Thankyou so much you are always so full on info and advice thankyou thankyou!

ELP
February 25th, 2011, 04:52 AM
If you stir a couple spoonfulls of peanut butter into oatmeal, it is delicious and also very good for a boy.

I have tried this this morning, what I'm wondering is - Do you sweeten it at all and do you add a little milk?

atomic sagebrush
February 25th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Yes, sweeten it! It's really delicious. I don't add milk because I don't like milk on hot cereal, but you could (unless you were avoiding calcium as a part of your sway).

TTC5
February 26th, 2011, 12:15 AM
Ok I have changed my mind!

I am now thinking it is easy for me to eat two slices of toast - wholemeal bread with penut butter - is crunchy better than smooth? before rushing out the door to take kids to school. And from what I am learning so far lol, this has soluble fats right? And is good to take supps with?

And when I get back home an hour later will have a bowl of cereal - something like Atomic suggested before - something better than rice bubbles, like a museli of some kind?

Ok now with the cereal, tell me, what is the best to have it with instead of dairy milk? Here we have oat milk, rice milk, almond milk, soy milk...

TTC5
February 26th, 2011, 12:18 AM
Or would it be ok to have say weetbix with banana?

babydes56
February 26th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Atomic, i thought wholegrains have magnesium therefore would sway pink. I'm sure this is what i read

atomic sagebrush
February 26th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Ok I have changed my mind!

I am now thinking it is easy for me to eat two slices of toast - wholemeal bread with penut butter - is crunchy better than smooth? before rushing out the door to take kids to school. And from what I am learning so far lol, this has soluble fats right? And is good to take supps with?

And when I get back home an hour later will have a bowl of cereal - something like Atomic suggested before - something better than rice bubbles, like a museli of some kind?

Ok now with the cereal, tell me, what is the best to have it with instead of dairy milk? Here we have oat milk, rice milk, almond milk, soy milk...

Yes, that would be a very good choice. I don't think it makes much diff. between crunchy and smooth, whatever you like best. I am assuming you would be allergic to almond milk (because of your fruit allergy). Rice milk would prob. be best but I am intrigued with oat milk. We don't have that here. Is it good? That may be a great choice if you like it. There is a chemical in oats that raise testosterone.

Muesli would be great, is weetabix whole grain?? If so then it is a good choice.

atomic sagebrush
February 26th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Atomic, i thought wholegrains have magnesium therefore would sway pink. I'm sure this is what i read

We do things a bit differently around here. ;)

Whole grains raise testosterone and are very rich in nutrients. High testosterone levels and a very nutritious diet has been shown to sway blue and therefore we do whole grains for blue.

TTC5
February 26th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Hi Atomic!
Weetbix are wholegrain yes.. here is a link for you to see =D
http://www.weetbix.com.au/weetbixfamily/

I have never tried oat milk yes to be honest but hearing that oats raise testosterone I may give it a go!

babydes56
February 27th, 2011, 03:35 AM
We do things a bit differently around here. ;)

Whole grains raise testosterone and are very rich in nutrients. High testosterone levels and a very nutritious diet has been shown to sway blue and therefore we do whole grains for blue.

Thanks for that, i love oats & weetabix & had actually stopped eating them so will definitely start again. I must say you great because you dont give one word answers like the ones we got from a certain person on IG...

atomic sagebrush
February 27th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Hi Atomic!
Weetbix are wholegrain yes.. here is a link for you to see =D
http://www.weetbix.com.au/weetbixfamily/

I have never tried oat milk yes to be honest but hearing that oats raise testosterone I may give it a go!

Thanks for the link! My knowledge of Weetbix comes from a single episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer LOL so that is much appreciated!

ETA - Look at the apricot ones! Those look YUM and great for blue.

I did some research this morning on oat milk and oats and I think it's a GREAT idea. Shout out to Lindi who discovered that oats raise testosterone!

We do have it in the US, Pacific manufactures it and it will be sold with the shelf-stable rice and soy milks in the baking section.

atomic sagebrush
February 27th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Thanks for that, i love oats & weetabix & had actually stopped eating them so will definitely start again. I must say you great because you dont give one word answers like the ones we got from a certain person on IG...

She has answered a LOT of q's over the years and I think she's maybe a bit tired of it, but she is about the nicest person ever.

My goal is to have everything explained so thoroughly that I won't end up getting burned out, because people will have less questions if they can read things and understand the reasons why.

TTC5
February 27th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Your awesome Atomic! *blows a kiss*
x

CeeCee
April 26th, 2011, 10:22 PM
I tried peanut butter in my oatmeal this morning and it was sooo delicious. Goes well with my banana.

atomic sagebrush
May 1st, 2011, 12:32 PM
The PB oatmeal is AWESOME. It's like a treat almost.