PDA

View Full Version : today is my day

moof4
October 30th, 2012, 01:00 AM
:babym:

today is my day! after the weekend of attending a family party whereby an uncle asked if were going to buy a girl! I thought I have had enough!! Society believes that a 'perfect' family is a nuclear family with mum dad and 2.2. kids of both genders. I have never been one to conform to society so I believe that my family of mum, dad and four indiviual children who happen to be boys to be perfecto!

I may not get to buy dresses (however I could for people less fortunate than us, or for my nieces), or walk my daughter down the aisle but I get to walk my son down an aisle, you tell me the difference. There are vast differences in male and females however i am mother of four boys and I am proud to say I am a 'boy mum'!!!

my husband suggested a while back that i seek grief and loss counselling, but i feel we are all on a journey and it was okay for me to be sad for awhile that i would not have a daughter however all of the time and energy I was putting into these feelings when I was missing out on what was right in front of me, my beautiful children.

today is my day of acceptance. i hope you can find peace also. :pickuphappy:

Violet_
October 30th, 2012, 04:31 AM
Well done babe. I am also at the same place of total acceptance. I reached it when I was pregnant with my third son. It was liberating. I'd still like to have a daughter tho, but will be very happy with another son. Either way I'm happy and very blessed.

BellaVita
October 30th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Beautifully said!

auroara78
October 31st, 2012, 11:03 AM
love this and well said...your boys are perfect and were made for your family.

Mrs_P
October 31st, 2012, 05:12 PM
I'm really glad you've found peace with the special family you have. Whilst i feel gd threatening my again now that i have become pregnant again i know that i will not fall as low as i did before and once the dreaded waiting is over i am hopeful i will find peace with whatever i have.

Being a boy mom is special, its the ladies like us that raise the next generation of men, husbands, fathers yet all we seem to get from other people is negative comments - i just don't get it. People who know my boys comment on what nice, polite little boys they are but everyone's first reaction is OMG 3 boys.

In fact i'm sure i'll manage my gd. First and only person i told (a friend) other than my dh that i was pregnant and her response was i'm really happy for you and i know you'd love a daughter but what are you going to do if its another boy, my response was "love him" without thinking and as easily as that - i know i will be ok with another son i fought gd head on with ds3 and won, i couldn't not love another - i only hope other people will back off this time round as all of the comments ruin what would be a special time

Southern Butterfly
November 4th, 2012, 11:15 PM
This a wonderful post and I am so happy for you! Congrats on having a beautiful family:awe:

Thorz300
November 5th, 2012, 08:42 AM
I really hope to get to that same place one day!

cupcakebaby
November 5th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Beautifully written!! I too found that inner peace and worried it wouldn't last, but here I am over 2 years later feeling so grateful!