PDA

View Full Version : what are protein sources for snacks and breakfast for ttc boy

cemas
February 24th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Don't energy bars have Soy in them??? thats the source of protein in them. But soy is not good...so what are protein sources for snacks and breakfast for ttc boy. Nuts are a no according to ingender as they have lots of magnesium...
any advice...help???

atomic sagebrush
February 24th, 2011, 06:25 PM
I answered this on the other thread but just to mention it again, yes, some energy bars do have soy protein but others don't. Soy is ok on occasion, just not day in and day out.

I do disagree with the banning of nuts on the IG diet. I think the idea of a high nutrient, high protein diet with a lot of good fat, has significantly more valid scientific support than the mineral balancing thing does and nuts are almost like a perfect boy food to my way of thinking. They have protein, healthy fats, and are packed with nutrients. I conceived DS 3 eating 1/2 cup of almonds or walnuts for breakfast every single day for years so I know it is possible to eat massive amounts of nuts and still conceive a boy.

There is always stuff like hot dogs, beef jerky, lunch meats for quick snacks and for breakfast, you could fry up a breakfast steak or chop up meat and potatoes in a kind of hash if you wanted to stay away from nuts.

I also think eggs are a great choice for blue but I know that the IG diet frowns on them.

TTC5
February 24th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Atomic - with eggs is it just the egg white or the whole egg we can have?

ELP
February 25th, 2011, 04:41 AM
It's the whole egg, the middle has all the best nutrients in:agree:

TTC5
February 25th, 2011, 06:49 AM
It's the whole egg, the middle has all the best nutrients in:agree:

Thankyou x

atomic sagebrush
February 25th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Exactly!!! Deviled eggs are quick and easy to have around for a snack too.

TTC5
February 25th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Devilled eggs... what are these? How funny the differences we have between your country and mine lol

atomic sagebrush
February 26th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Oooh they're good. I'll come back with a recipe for you after awhile.

TTC5
February 26th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Can't wait, I love eggs!

atomic sagebrush
February 27th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Deviled eggs actually have their own website LOL!

http://www.deviledeggs.com/

The way our family makes them is sort of without a recipe - we hard boil however many eggs we want to devil and wait until they're cold, then peel and rinse them. Cut them in half the long way (so the two sides match and are symmetrical) and then gently pop out the yolk into a separate bowl. Arrange the whites on a pretty dish. Mush up the yolks as much as possible and then mix in a little mayonnaise or Miracle Whip (we always use Miracle Whip but IDK if you have that there) and a squirt of yellow mustard. You want it to be like a paste, not too dry and not too runny. Then just spoon it back into the hollowed out egg whites!

TTC5
February 27th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Ohh I know what these are now lol we call them curried eggs! We have miracle whip yes, it is like mayonaise?

atomic sagebrush
February 28th, 2011, 12:11 PM
It's similar but has a bit of a sweet/sour taste.