PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Fibre Supplements??

Babushka
February 25th, 2011, 03:58 AM
Hi girls, I have been reading a few posts about calcium and supplements. I am thinking I might reduce my milk intake (and switch to rice milk - thanks, Atomic). I also read that fibre supplements are great for reducing estrogen. I am all for that! Can anyone recommend a good fibre supplement? I am in Australia. I have seen Metamucil here, would that be OK to take? What do others think about adding fibre to their sway, and what are others taking? Thanks for your time! :heart: Babushka.

atomic sagebrush
February 25th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Any fiber supplement is fine as long as it has no other ingredients (some are sold vitamin-fortified.)

The downside of Metamucil is that you have to mix it in water and drink it and it doesn't taste very good! You may want to find capsules or tablets instead.

crystal-light
February 25th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Metamucil is yuck. I've started taking fiber tablets now(and will continue throughout my sway :)) to help with stomach issues and the one's I'm taking are the generic brand of Fibercon tablets :)

Babushka
February 27th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Hi girls, I found the fibre capsules and taking started taking those. They don't come cheap!! This swaying business sure is expensive! Babushka xx

atomic sagebrush
February 28th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Ugh, I know, I'm sorry!!!

Another princess
February 28th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Atomic, do you recommend taking fibre supps throughout the cycle? or frm AF to ovulation? thanks

atomic sagebrush
March 1st, 2011, 01:05 PM
Fiber is safe throughout your cycle and on into pregnancy!

Once you get pg though you will want to eat more healthy fats and fat-soluble vitamins like A and D and eat them at different times of day than you take your fiber. Fiber absorbs and removes fat/testosteronee-raising fat soluble vitamins, from your digestive tract which is great for TTC pink but your baby will need them!

Another princess
March 1st, 2011, 11:55 PM
Thanks for that info Atomic. im gonna give the fiber supps a try.