PDA

View Full Version : confused.... diet questions

Coccinelle33
February 25th, 2011, 10:17 AM
so are rice and noodles good or bad? i hae read places to eat them that their great for ttc a girl and other places to do low carb.... im starting the diet in a week and just need to know what to do.

my plan as of now (PLEASE tell me what you think i should change or add)

THANKS!!!!!!

No meat at all (never do anyway)

crystal light, peppermint tea, and 1% milk (any idea on which brand is best?)

skipping breakfast every day.... waiting longer around ovulation.... how many hours are best?

so far this is what i plan on eating-

low fat yogurt (any idea which brand is best?)

green beans, corn, cucumber, and peas? i head on here no green veggies but these are listed on the french gender diet... im lost.

strawberries

rice & noodles... not sure if there's any thing i can put on them?

low salt white bread and sugar free strawberry jelly

rice cakes

i def feel like im going to lose 15 pounds quick on this. this is pretty much what i ate while ttc my daughter but i was also eating peanut butter, rice pudding, and a white garlic sauce on the noodles which i know now is bad soooo... i lost 15 pounds with her. i don't have more than that to lose with out getting too under weight so hopefully it happens by june.

what is everyones diet plan?

Madam Hedgehog
February 25th, 2011, 12:13 PM
I hope thread bumping is allowed here. :)

I have no answers at all for you, but I think these are some excellent questions that I'd really like answers for also. I've really been wondering what counts as skipping breakfast. No food until noon? Approximately four hours after you wake up? Also, can you drink milk (fat free) to deal with hunger during that time period?

Sorry to add more questions, but I've really been wondering about these same issues.

Coccinelle33
February 25th, 2011, 12:29 PM
no thats great!!!! thanks

atomic sagebrush
February 25th, 2011, 12:42 PM
No meat at all - YES if you can (I know you are a vegetarian already :agree:).

Crystal Light, Pep tea, and SKIM milk rather than 1% if you can. Brands don't matter particularly.

Skipping breakfast - I would wait 4 hours after waking up before eating.

Lowfat yogurt - I always liked yoplait but whatever YOU like best is what you should be eating. Yoplait has a little more potassium than Greek yogurt but it has less of some other things so I think it kinda evens out and it is MUCH cheaper than greek yogurt.

I don't think I ever said no green veggies??? In fact I have green beans, white corn, and cucumber in my girl diet thread along with iceberg lettuce and a couple other things. I DON'T think you should eat a lot of VERY dark green veggies like spinach or cabbage because they're highly nutritious, but they are a heck of a lot better than a steak. Peas I do not think are a great idea for pink because they are salty and have protein. As long as you are moving towards LESS nutrition rather than more, it's fine to eat some vegetables in moderation.

Rice and noodles are fine. I don't know who told you low carb but I don't think that's right. Protein = more boys, carbs = more girls. (You can still conceive a girl on a low carb diet, it is not a magic bullet. There ARE no magic bullets.)

Personally I am not opposed to putting sauce on your rice and noodles as long as it doesn't have much salt. Garlic can raise testosterone but I don't think a tiny amount of garlic in your diet will sway blue, it's large amounts of garlic eaten every day.

I would avoid peanut butter of course but rice pudding is fine.

atomic sagebrush
February 25th, 2011, 12:45 PM
I hope thread bumping is allowed here. :)

I have no answers at all for you, but I think these are some excellent questions that I'd really like answers for also. I've really been wondering what counts as skipping breakfast. No food until noon? Approximately four hours after you wake up? Also, can you drink milk (fat free) to deal with hunger during that time period?

Sorry to add more questions, but I've really been wondering about these same issues.

I answered a little bit of that above but no food for 4 hours after you wake up is a good rule. No need to wait until noon if you've been up since 4.

Do NOT drink milk during that period. You are trying to keep your blood sugar levels low for as long as possible and milk will raise your blood sugar. Crystal Light is ok as is peppermint tea. You are supposed to be hungry. (girl swaying sucks!)

Coccinelle33
February 25th, 2011, 01:16 PM
what about the carbs are they good or bad? and the fruit/veggies listed?

atomic sagebrush
February 25th, 2011, 01:26 PM
what about the carbs are they good or bad? and the fruit/veggies listed?

Did you see I answered both posts separately?? I did answer you up there!!

Just to restate, carbs are fine for TTC girl. Especially the rice. And I think the fruits and veggies you mentioned are just fine with the exception of peas which I would probably avoid.

This is the part I posted above: No meat at all - YES if you can (I know you are a vegetarian already ).

Crystal Light, Pep tea, and SKIM milk rather than 1% if you can. Brands don't matter particularly.

Skipping breakfast - I would wait 4 hours after waking up before eating.

Lowfat yogurt - I always liked yoplait but whatever YOU like best is what you should be eating. Yoplait has a little more potassium than Greek yogurt but it has less of some other things so I think it kinda evens out and it is MUCH cheaper than greek yogurt.

I don't think I ever said no green veggies??? In fact I have green beans, white corn, and cucumber in my girl diet thread along with iceberg lettuce and a couple other things. I DON'T think you should eat a lot of VERY dark green veggies like spinach or cabbage because they're highly nutritious, but they are a heck of a lot better than a steak. Peas I do not think are a great idea for pink because they are salty and have protein. As long as you are moving towards LESS nutrition rather than more, it's fine to eat some vegetables in moderation.

Rice and noodles are fine. I don't know who told you low carb but I don't think that's right. Protein = more boys, carbs = more girls. (You can still conceive a girl on a low carb diet, it is not a magic bullet. There ARE no magic bullets.)

Personally I am not opposed to putting sauce on your rice and noodles as long as it doesn't have much salt. Garlic can raise testosterone but I don't think a tiny amount of garlic in your diet will sway blue, it's large amounts of garlic eaten every day.

I would avoid peanut butter of course but rice pudding is fine.

Daisynyc
February 25th, 2011, 01:34 PM
I've seen Atomic post a few times that the real issue is keeping calories low so that the body feels conditions are not optimal - that seems to generate more girls. Since I am insulin resistant, the girl diet is not a great idea for me, so I am following a low carb diet. I think whatever keeps your calories and glucose low is probably a good bet, but I haven't researches this as much as some other folks here.

Not to confuse you even more, but here's an article I read recently:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:JrDTMFJNSncJ:www.easybabylife.com/conceive-a-boy.html+trying+to+conceive+girl+low+carb&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

crystal-light
February 25th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Kristin, I like your diet plan. I think I could stick to it alot better than the IG diet :)

Madam Hedgehog
February 25th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Thanks Atomic. This is the specific information I was looking for, especially the info about breakfast timing. It's good to have a concrete number (four hours) even if it's going to really suck. lol. I think the peppermint tea will help a bit though.

Since we're on the topic, would decaf coffee be ok? I read that it's the caffeine, not the coffee itself, that energizes sperm. Also, do you think it's the caffeine that's acidifying rather than the rest of coffee incredients? If we could get by without the caffeine and still get the acidifying effects of coffee (decaf) it seems like something that could be useful.

Coccinelle33
February 25th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Kristin, I like your diet plan. I think I could stick to it alot better than the IG diet :)

whats the deal with soda also? i don't normally drink it but it seems real acidic. thanks for the quick reply kristen.

crystal-light
February 25th, 2011, 06:39 PM
whats the deal with soda also? i don't normally drink it but it seems real acidic. The ph of soda is 2.5 so it's very acidic. As far as I know, a caffeine free diet soda or 2 per day shouldn't hurt your sway, it could possibly help :)

nuthinbutpink
February 25th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Soda is a no from what I have read for TTC a girl if you are trying to increase your calcium level. The active ingredient in soda is phospheric acidic and studies have shown that phospheric acid depletes your bones of calcium. This depletion weakens bones and with less calcium available the bones become more porous and prone to fracture. This calcium deleption is also considered to be a major contributer to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

There is way more scientific data out there to back up the calcium claims than the pH data having an effect on gender.

Coccinelle33
February 26th, 2011, 09:48 AM
what do you think about corn on the cob with a little unsalted butter and some mrs. dash?

Coccinelle33
February 26th, 2011, 09:50 AM
low fat cream cheese with noodles or on bread?.... i know it's kinda fatty but if im only eating 2 meals a day and only have it maybe once a week?

Coccinelle33
February 26th, 2011, 11:12 AM
sorry for another one but im trying to get some type of meal plan ready since im starting on march 3....

what about peppers? green, red, or yellow?
light sour cream
swiss cheese
what spices are ok?

crystal-light
February 26th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Soda is a no from what I have read for TTC a girl if you are trying to increase your calcium level. The active ingredient in soda is phospheric acidic and studies have shown that phospheric acid depletes your bones of calcium. This depletion weakens bones and with less calcium available the bones become more porous and prone to fracture. This calcium deleption is also considered to be a major contributer to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

There is way more scientific data out there to back up the calcium claims than the pH data having an effect on gender.
Yes but if the calcium is coming out of our bones that means its coming out somewhere.....some in CM perhaps?

Coccinelle33
February 26th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Yes but if the calcium is coming out of our bones that means its coming out somewhere.....some in CM perhaps?
hmmm maybe?

crystal-light
February 26th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Here are couple of my ideas for meals- Pasta w/ unsalted butter and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, green beans & rice w/ Mrs dash. White corn w/unsalted butter & side of green beans, cucumber(no peeling) & raspberry salad.

atomic sagebrush
February 26th, 2011, 03:35 PM
I've seen Atomic post a few times that the real issue is keeping calories low so that the body feels conditions are not optimal - that seems to generate more girls. Since I am insulin resistant, the girl diet is not a great idea for me, so I am following a low carb diet. I think whatever keeps your calories and glucose low is probably a good bet, but I haven't researches this as much as some other folks here.

Not to confuse you even more, but here's an article I read recently:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:JrDTMFJNSncJ:www.easybabylife.com/conceive-a-boy.html+trying+to+conceive+girl+low+carb&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

Yes, I need to write up a "swaying under special circumstances" and talk more about insulin resistance.

You can conceive a girl eating a side of beef if your caloric intake is low and you're losing weight.

atomic sagebrush
February 26th, 2011, 03:37 PM
whats the deal with soda also? i don't normally drink it but it seems real acidic. thanks for the quick reply kristen.

I think soda is fine but it DOES cause calcium to leach from your bones. Is that good? Bad? Who knows??

atomic sagebrush
February 26th, 2011, 03:39 PM

The pH is def. based on really shaky foundations.

atomic sagebrush
February 26th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Corn on the cob = yes. We sometimes eat just corn on the cob for a meal in the summer anyway.

Low fat cream cheese has a lot of sodium in it and sodium = more boys was def. supported in the "You are what your mother eats" study.

Peppers are ok in moderation, they have a lot of phytonutrients but now and then they are fine.

Light sour cream - how much sodium is in it??

Swiss cheese has a lot of sodium (dang it now I'm hungry!).

Crystal - I like your diet suggestions. I would even peel the cuke to get rid of more phytonutrients but that's prob. overkill.

atomic sagebrush
February 26th, 2011, 03:51 PM

It depends on how thorough of a sway you want to have and what your gut is telling you. I feel weird going against the grain without evidence but SO many people drink tons of pop and have all girls...

atomic sagebrush
February 26th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Thanks Atomic. This is the specific information I was looking for, especially the info about breakfast timing. It's good to have a concrete number (four hours) even if it's going to really suck. lol. I think the peppermint tea will help a bit though.

Since we're on the topic, would decaf coffee be ok? I read that it's the caffeine, not the coffee itself, that energizes sperm. Also, do you think it's the caffeine that's acidifying rather than the rest of coffee incredients? If we could get by without the caffeine and still get the acidifying effects of coffee (decaf) it seems like something that could be useful.

I have mixed feelings about caffeine (surprise surprise). On the one hand a lot of caffeine actually lowers testosterone and coffee is acidic. But it does raise testosterone in moderation and it causes calcium to leach from your bones. Coffee does have phytonutrients and would seem to sway blue for that reason.

I have talked to a lot of women who were total caffeine junkies and have girls. That doesn't prove anything, but I am 100% sure you can conceive boys and girls while drinking coffee.

My point - if it improves the quality of your life, there is evidence pointing both ways so go with your gut. I didn't give up caffeine for my sway. But then again I did have an opposite LOL!

Coccinelle33
February 26th, 2011, 04:29 PM
The pH is def. based on really shaky foundations.

thanks so glad i asked about the cream cheese. i'll stay away from that!