PDA

View Full Version : does keeping ph down from cut-off-O really matter?

mkarntz1980
February 25th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Okay so people are telling me not to do cut-off cause ph can spike at any time. Does it really matter what the VJ ph is after the 4 hours??? After the 4 hours, the sperm are already in the waiting zone. Will putting something in the vJ affect the CM that is in the cervix and by the sperm?? I am just REALLY scared that if its that important to keep your ph down during cut-off, that my ph will spike and I wont even know.

atomic sagebrush
February 25th, 2011, 12:59 PM
For now, we don't know. I agree totally with what you say, I don't believe it's of critical importance personally but a lot of people have gotten girls by following those instructions. (a lot of people have had opposites too). The pH of your vagina is ALWAYS at 4.5 naturally until the EWCM shows up and raises it - it seems to me that if the pH of the vagina is that important, wouldn't it work the other way - the low pH of the vagina would lower the pH of the CM and not the other way around (does that make sense? hard to explain). And your body is always producing more and more CM so even if you do everything to lower pH, it doesn't matter since your body is just churning out more CM all the time.

The idea of keeping pH low through cutoff is like gargling with baking soda on your tongue to get rid of your stomach acid - yes, it will change the area right where it touches but there is no way it goes down into the stomach and does much of anything. It's too far away and there's just too much acid. I think once the sperm have arrived, anything we do in our vagina is pretty much a day late and a dollar short.

pH is totally based around Shettles believing that the X sperm were big and strong and the Y sperm were little and puny, but that was found to be 100% wrong.

crystal-light
February 25th, 2011, 01:54 PM
I think once the sperm have arrived, anything we do in our vagina is pretty much a day late and a dollar short.
Agreed :)

nuthinbutpink
February 25th, 2011, 07:21 PM
This is a great research article to read. http://humupd.oxfordjournals.org/content/12/1/23.full