PDA

View Full Version : Rice milk

crystal-light
February 25th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Since rice milk will be my milk of choice when it comes sway time, I've got a question- Would it be better to buy the one that's enriched w/ vit A, vit D & cal or the one that isn't enriched?

nuthinbutpink
February 25th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Well, Vit A and D raise testosterone levels. Women have 10% of the testosterone that men do so for your man I would watch Vit A, D and Zinc intake and if you avoid it or keep your levels of extra A and D low, you can help keep your testosterone level lower too.

crystal-light
February 26th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Well, Vit A and D raise testosterone levels. Women have 10% of the testosterone that men do so for your man I would watch Vit A, D and Zinc intake and if you avoid it or keep your levels of extra A and D low, you can help keep your testosterone level lower too.

Great, thanks! So it'd probably be good for both of us to drink the one that isn't enriched then :)

Coccinelle33
February 26th, 2011, 12:42 PM
does any one know if rice milk is for sure acidic? also why are boy swayers told to drink rice, almond, or soy milk if so... which do you think is best or worst why?

crystal-light
February 26th, 2011, 02:14 PM
I thought it was best to avoid any kind of milk when swaying blue......but I could understand the almond milk b/c nuts=testerone & in women soy increases estrogen which sways blue. Not sure why the rice milk would sway blue, anyone else know?

atomic sagebrush
February 26th, 2011, 03:24 PM
does any one know if rice milk is for sure acidic? also why are boy swayers told to drink rice, almond, or soy milk if so... which do you think is best or worst why?

I looked it up and it was listed as an acidic food and it was also on IG somewhere. I read it in two separate places so I had independent confirmation. Plus, it is superlow protein and lower in sodium than cow's milk. It isn't just the acidity that matters.

Blue swayers are told to drink rice milk because it doesn't have calcium. I think almond milk and cow's milk are best for blue swayers, rice milk is best for pink. Soy, I don't know about and I think everyone should avoid it until we have more info.

atomic sagebrush
February 26th, 2011, 03:26 PM
I thought it was best to avoid any kind of milk when swaying blue......but I could understand the almond milk b/c nuts=testerone & in women soy increases estrogen which sways blue. Not sure why the rice milk would sway blue, anyone else know?

They need to have something to put on their breakfast cereal. Somehow, for reasons I don't quite follow, some people decided that breakfast cereal swayed blue (because of the study) but milk was still to be avoided like the plague. One of those things that makes me say hmmmmmm....

mkarntz1980
March 2nd, 2011, 01:54 PM
Rice milk DOES have calcium......not dairy

atomic sagebrush
March 2nd, 2011, 06:58 PM
Rice milk DOES have calcium......not dairy

FORTIFIED rice milk has calcium. UNFORTIFIED rice milk does not (or has very little).

Pink swayers who are convinced that calcium = more girls, can drink fortified rice milk as a lower protein, lower sodium, option to cow's milk.

Pink swayers who are NOT convinced that calcium = more girls, can drink unfortified rice milk as a low protein, low calcium, lower sodium option to cow's milk.

Blue swayers can drink unfortified rice milk but there are better options for them like oat milk or almond milk.

crystal-light
March 5th, 2011, 12:05 AM
FORTIFIED rice milk has calcium. UNFORTIFIED rice milk does not (or has very little).

Pink swayers who are NOT convinced that calcium = more girls, can drink unfortified rice milk as a low protein, low calcium, lower sodium option to cow's milk.

That would be me :wink: