PDA

View Full Version : Fasting? DH diet?

jd03pd
February 25th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Would it make sense to fast around the time of ovulation instead of worrying about what you eat? Just drink liquids (Crystal Light and such?)

Also, what would be a good diet plan for DH? I'm concerned about him eating the girl diet and losing weight.

atomic sagebrush
February 26th, 2011, 02:41 PM
I don't advise fasting (certainly not a Crystal Light fast) BUT I do know of someone from another website who did a fruit and veg juice fast for 21 days with her church and conceived a daughter the night before the fast ended.

I think it could work but I don't want people to do it (AND FOR SURE DO NOT DO IT WITH CRYSTAL LIGHT).

I'm not convinced that dieting matters anywhere near as much for husbands as it does for wives. Sperm count is what seems to sway for men. Although the fasting lady's husband fasted too!!

jd03pd
February 26th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Well, I was thinking of doing it just for the day of the attempt...or maybe for only 2-3 days if doing a cut-off? Not the whole month! Obviously this would be done along with the diet...

tryingforfour
February 26th, 2011, 06:05 PM
My dh has been taking the diet a bit too seriously and has lost at least 10 lbs. in the last month. I'm not too thrilled by this and have started to push him to eat more fatty foods. The suggestions for less healthy fats (hydrogenated margarine, etc.) and lots of white carbs are great.

Coccinelle33
February 26th, 2011, 08:47 PM
i thought it was best for dh to be gaining weight?

tryingforfour
February 26th, 2011, 10:01 PM
It sure is! That's why I'm not too thrilled and I'm trying to get him to eat more junk!

atomic sagebrush
February 27th, 2011, 11:56 AM
i thought it was best for dh to be gaining weight?

Yes, it is and I don't think anyone's husbands should be losing weight if at all possible. Men are "meant" to be leaner and more muscular than women so whenever they lose weight (unless they lose a LOT) it will be mostly fat and less muscle, which would tend to sway blue.

Like I said, I don't ADVISE anyone to fast, I'm just reporting what worked for one couple.

atomic sagebrush
February 27th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Well, I was thinking of doing it just for the day of the attempt...or maybe for only 2-3 days if doing a cut-off? Not the whole month! Obviously this would be done along with the diet...

I would not blame you for trying it, the thing I would be afraid of is that it might mess with your hormones and keep the egg from being released, but I may just be overthinking it. If you do decide to try it, I REALLY strongly urge and hope and pray that you will do fruit and veg. juice and not just Crystal Light (even though that's not what you're suggesting) because I don't think that's healthy for anyone esp. when you're TTC.

Somehow I missed the part about your husband's diet - I would def. cram him full of simple carbs - doughnuts, toast, ice cream, etc. Corn oil and margarine for fats and then dairy if you are doing dairy as part of your sway.