PDA

View Full Version : Early baby kicks??

Turning the page
October 31st, 2012, 02:16 PM
Hi, ladies, just doing an informal poll...What Is the earliest that you've felt your baby kick in utero? This may sound crazy, but I swear I've felt little tiny flutters behind my pubic bone happen a couple of times over the last 24 hours! I will only be 11 weeks on Friday! Is this possible?
I felt my son's first kicks around 13 weeks, but this seems awfully early. Doesn't feel like gas, though!

jark22
October 31st, 2012, 02:27 PM
With my first- I felt him just before 26 weeks. With my second- I felt him just before 12 weeks. I'm 12 weeks today with this third kiddo and so far nothing.... But it's definitely possible to start feeling a baby as early as you say. I think I've read 10-11 weeks has been the earliest...

jark22
October 31st, 2012, 02:42 PM
I meant with my first I felt him just before 16 weeks. Oops :)

sweetpea
October 31st, 2012, 03:09 PM
I felt the first flutters with DS1 at around 16 weeks. I honestly can't remember when I started feeling them with DS2. I'm hoping to feel flutters earlier this time around, since it's my third pregnancy and there's two in there. It's so reassuring when you can finally feel them in there, isn't it? :) I don't know if 11 weeks is too early...I think it *may* be possible...

Turning the page
October 31st, 2012, 04:25 PM
Sweetpea~How exciting!! It will be interesting to see if you feel your babes earlier this time...such a blessing to have two! How are you feeling?
Katie~glad to know I'm not the only one to feel kicks early. Still not sold on these sensations yet; I'll update if they continue to happen. If not, it could've been the Taco Bell (like DH thinks--lol!) :)

Cinss
October 31st, 2012, 05:40 PM
20 weeks with my 1st, nothing yet with this one, im 12 weeks.

Shellbelle
October 31st, 2012, 05:45 PM
I have been feeling the same thing this week (10 weeks) and I keep telling DH that it's too early, but boy, do I feel a lot of swimming. This is my 4th pregnancy, and it's a pretty distinctive feeling. So at least if we're crazy, we can be crazy together! ;)

sweetpea
October 31st, 2012, 06:24 PM
Sweetpea~How exciting!! It will be interesting to see if you feel your babes earlier this time...such a blessing to have two! How are you feeling?
Katie~glad to know I'm not the only one to feel kicks early. Still not sold on these sensations yet; I'll update if they continue to happen. If not, it could've been the Taco Bell (like DH thinks--lol!) :)
I'm feeling kinda crappy, LOL. I have LOTS of fatigue and lots of nausea (gagging and dry-heaving all day). I know it will get better in a few weeks, but I'm feeling pretty yucky in the meantime. :sigh:

Love your comment about the Taco Bell! LOL! :bigsmile:

jark22
November 1st, 2012, 06:19 AM
Just as I said I hadn't felt anything with this baby yet..........I felt strong flutters last night when I was going to bed. I was just 12 weeks yesterday too. I looooooove that feeling!!! So excited!

Turning the page
November 1st, 2012, 07:48 AM
Yay for sweet little baby kicks! :-)

sweetpea
November 1st, 2012, 09:34 AM
Just as I said I hadn't felt anything with this baby yet..........I felt strong flutters last night when I was going to bed. I was just 12 weeks yesterday too. I looooooove that feeling!!! So excited!
Awww, how sweet! :awe:

mummypink
November 1st, 2012, 05:33 PM
I have felt the odd flutters but I first felt a definite kick when I was about 12 weeks listening to the heartbeat with a doppler. It was actually really weird as it was more like a body flip than a kick and made me jump! It has happened a few times when I have been listening to the heartbeat, and you can actually see my bump move where the baby kicks!! That has never happened this early before, I am really looking forward to having more regular movement feelings which hopefully I will soon. :)