PDA

View Full Version : I'm very tempted to just go for it!

Chunky Monkey
February 26th, 2011, 11:40 PM
My cycles are so out of whack :sad:. For the past 8 months, my cycles have been 33 days, 31, 32, 29, 30, 31, 36, 29 in that order. So if I have a 29 day cycle this month, I should O on March 1st. My chart has me O'ing on the 4th. How would I be able to do a 5 or 4 day cut-off if I can't figure out an exact time to expect to O? I thought about BDing tonight if I should O on the 4th, but if I O on the 1st, I would get a 2 day cut-off and I don't feel comfortable with that.

I want to TTC the next one tomorrow :rofl:. If I don't try tomorrow, I will TTC again starting in May. I have to have a plan as I want all of my children close together and waiting until May is already a little later than I would like. But I will feel incredibly blessed if we get PG right away....and over the moon crazy if I concieve a DD :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

Any help is much appreciated as I don't know what to do...I am praying that my #3 is a DD:pray: This is the last chance for me and DH. Thank you all!!!

atomic sagebrush
February 27th, 2011, 09:26 AM
I would personally not give timing another thought. It has been proven again and again to not work much, if at all, and yet it takes SO much effort, esp. for people with irregular cycles.

In some ways, it might be good to do a sudden "sneak attack" - no time for your testosterone to rise in preparation for a sway.

There is SO much science underlying the diet and sperm count though, if it were me and it was my last chance, I would want to try dieting and lowering sperm count.

But at the same time, statistically, more girls are conceived in March and April (though that didn't work for me two times!!) If you feel good about trying this month, I would take an antihistamine and use spermicide very shallowly in the vagina 2 or 3 hours before BD and go for it! KFX for you!!!!

Chunky Monkey
February 28th, 2011, 01:57 AM
Thank you Atomic! I am thinking about all of this so much and wanting to put everything I can into it, but I know I cannot do all of it. I know I was within a day of O with DS 1 and most likely with DS 2 as well. So I naturally want to stay as far away from O as I can and do the opposite of what I did before. I am going to do an OPK tomorrow and might try once tomorrow night. For the lowering sperm count part, if it has been 4 days for my DH, should he release in the morning and then try our attempt in the evening?

I plan to take Zyrtec in the afternoon and for the next 5 days. I also plan to use RepHresh at some point. Can I use it with a cutoff? The package says it lasts for 3 days. Thank you for all of the info you've given!!!

atomic sagebrush
February 28th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Yes, in fact I think RepHresh is ideal for a cutoff.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

Chunky Monkey
February 28th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Thank you! I need all of the prayers and luck I can get :) I'll be sure to post my sway attempt and results!

Jojogirl
March 1st, 2011, 12:52 PM
Good luck! I will be trying any day and I'm going to take Zyrtec like mad! I am very nervous and can't wait to see what happens....

Chunky Monkey
March 2nd, 2011, 12:38 AM
Good luck Jojo!!! I am so nervous to just try! My plan for the past 6 months or so was to go HT. But I just kept getting cold feet and was feeling so much relief after deciding not to go HT. I was at peace with the decision to sway. Now that the time to sway is here, I'm too scared to try! What is wrong with me??? So now that I have skipped on this month, I'll be trying in May. Hopefully I am ready to try then. I am just so scared to not ever have a DD :( Last baby for me. Tick, tock, tick, tock!