PDA

View Full Version : Ovulating?

Violet_
November 1st, 2012, 03:44 AM
So all day I've had cervical cramping and pain. I've been monitoring my cervix and yesterday it kind of moved upwards, softened a little and was opening. Over the course of today, it has opened further, is now really hard to reach so moved upwards a lot and has softened more. I have a saliva ovulation tester and it has ferning type patterns.

I usually ovulate on CD20 to CD22. Anyway, it's only CD15 for me today. But I did take Vitex and dong quai from CD5 to CD13. And I've also exercised today and a couple of days ago and exercise really boosts my fertility (helps me ovulate). Think that has something to do with my PCOS.

Anyway, I've obviously got pain but haven't had a sharp pain from my ovaries this month yet and I usually do. Maybe I should go and buy some OPKs? We are going to BD through O so not sure it really matters? I'm taking sudafed to dry up cm so can't get much of that to give me any indication. Also we've been using acijel when BD so help sway pink.

BeadinMom
November 1st, 2012, 08:19 AM
I would definitely buy some opks. I have a saliva microscope & I find it a little confusing at times. I've read that if you have pcos it makes it even harder to use them.
Vitex can definitely move your O day up earlier. I'm not familiar with dong quai or its effects on the body.

It's great that you're so in tune with your body...I hope this is it for you!!
Wishing you lots of luck!!! :)

Violet_
November 1st, 2012, 07:25 PM
Thanks for the encouragement BeadinMom! Well decided it really doesn't matter exactly when I ovulate as we are BD regularly anyway and not worrying about time. Have been doing frequent release for over 10 days so we are good to go. We did the deed last night just to make sure but also did the day before and will tonight again so I'm sure we won't miss the eggy.

kaseybaby
November 1st, 2012, 09:42 PM
It sounds like you might be ovulating. I am a control freak so I use OPK's and use to temp. Good luck!

Violet_
November 1st, 2012, 11:10 PM
I tried temping last month but it stressed me out WAY too much! So trying to take a more relaxed approach this month.

Interesting tho, that the ferning pattern I was getting on the saliva tester has disappeared today. I know I didn't imagine it as it was ferning all day, I checked several times yesterday. So along with the ovulation pain they disappeared together so think I ovulated yesterday now. Which looks positive for conception. :-)

BeadinMom
November 1st, 2012, 11:15 PM
Kasey, I'm the same way...I just HAVE to know!

Violet, you're lucky you're more relaxed about it...that's much better for a girl sway. I've read that if the ferning comes back (although with pcos, I've heard it may not mean anything, but who knows!) it can mean you're pregnant and you may get the ferning before you get a positive HPT!

Cinss
November 1st, 2012, 11:51 PM
Goodluck this month! Trust your body, i had HSO cervix 7 days earlier than normal and fell pregnant on that cycle, funnily enough when i stopped using opks.