PDA

View Full Version : Please need some help!

afy
November 1st, 2012, 03:23 PM
Does anybody know if salted pretzels, salted popcorns, potatoe chips and olives are
Recommend if your on the HE diet???

dloui128
November 1st, 2012, 03:42 PM
There isn't any protein in any of that, so I guess if you were going to snack on them you would have to add some protein with it

afy
November 1st, 2012, 03:59 PM
Oh thank you I thought because it contains sodium maybe it might help.. What about Quaker cereal bars yet contain certain grams of protein almonds and dried bananas.. Is that good source of protein? I haven't yet received my plan but just preparing myself..

atomic sagebrush
November 1st, 2012, 04:08 PM
snacky foods are all just empty calories and not the best for HE Diet. You want the max amount of nutrition, for the minimum amount of calories, and you should always eat protein and carbs together.

I should have your plan done and posted within the next day or two.

atomic sagebrush
November 1st, 2012, 04:09 PM
Re sodium, that's just one theory among many others. Some research seems to indicate that sky high sodium may even sway pink for some people by harming their health.

afy
November 1st, 2012, 04:17 PM
Thank you guys and atomic for gettin the plan ready.. Just new to all this .. So it needs to be nutritional .. Could you give me an example of carb and protein together .. Because of my ethical background curries is a tradition however we use olive oil and make vegetables such as eggplant potatoes, spinach, cauliflower curries and lentils I just wanted to find out if spicy foods are bad for boy sways?

afy
November 1st, 2012, 04:18 PM
And finally I'm a HUGE pizza fan lol is that restricted I know we are allowed to treat ourselves now and again

Huds
February 1st, 2013, 09:29 AM
Thank you guys and atomic for gettin the plan ready.. Just new to all this .. So it needs to be nutritional .. Could you give me an example of carb and protein together .. Because of my ethical background curries is a tradition however we use olive oil and make vegetables such as eggplant potatoes, spinach, cauliflower curries and lentils I just wanted to find out if spicy foods are bad for boy sways?

Same here afy!! We have similar taste :giggle: I love the curries and lentils. Yesterday we had aubergine and potatoes curry with yoghurt (chopped tomatoe, cucumber and onion in it) with a large salad. Freshly squeezed watermelon and pineapple juice. Just wondered what your ethnic background is?

atomic sagebrush
February 2nd, 2013, 07:40 AM

Hi afy, sorry I missed this before.

Those things are all GREAT for blue. Curries are really good, but you need to have some protein foods in the curry. Spicy foods are fine for blue. Very healthy and garlic also tends to sway blue.

Protein foods: Meat, tofu, lentils, chickpeas Dairy also has protein so if you have yogurt or paneer that counts as protein. Butter and ghee do not count as protein because they have very little.

atomic sagebrush
February 2nd, 2013, 07:42 AM
And finally I'm a HUGE pizza fan lol is that restricted I know we are allowed to treat ourselves now and again

Pizza is totally allowed on the HE Diet and is in and of itself, protein + carbs. You don't have to have meat on it if you do not like the pizza meats (I don't) veggie pizza is fine. The cheese adds protein.

strawberrymom
February 2nd, 2013, 07:57 AM
I have 2 sons and am a pizza junkie too. I ate a lot of pizza before conceiving them (I am a veg so usually just cheese or broccoli). I gave them upon LE as they are all too salty.

Huds
February 2nd, 2013, 08:17 AM
Pizza is totally allowed on the HE Diet and is in and of itself, protein + carbs. You don't have to have meat on it if you do not like the pizza meats (I don't) veggie pizza is fine. The cheese adds protein.

Love it... Im a big pizza fan!