PDA

View Full Version : How much do you put into cravings?

jark22
November 2nd, 2012, 12:02 AM
With DS1- my cravings were very typically boy. I wanted beef even though I hadn't eaten it in about 12 years prior to that. I also really craved savory things with him.

With DS2- I wanted salt. Salt bagels with butter was my most FAVORITE thing to eat when preggo with him.

I never really wanted fruits or veggies. But I did often crave ice cream with both of them.

This time all I want is fruit (mostly apples), yogurt, orange juice, lemon or lime flavored things, and ginger ale. And I want nothing to do with ice cream. This is so weird for me because I Loooooooove ice cream normally.

Has anyone found a difference in their cravings when preggo with different genders? Could it really mean something or am I just getting my hopes up that I could possibly be preggo with a girl this time?

Hobbermittens
November 2nd, 2012, 12:10 AM
I have craved fruit each pregnancy. With my boys, I wanted Taco Bell, and Mexican food in general. With DD1, I ate lots of macaroni and cheese (Kraft), and DD2, I ate a ton of pizza. I did eat a ton of ice cream with DD1 and DS2. With DS2, I had a bowl of chocolate ice cream every night! I guess my cravings don't help your theory, but hope you have a girl in there!

HopingForPigtails
November 2nd, 2012, 01:08 AM
So you are describing my cravings exactly. I am carrying a DD this time- BUT, my cravings have been the exact same with all of my pregnancies (two DSs and a DD). When not PG, I eat ice cream nightly. When PG, I can't stand it. I was told women crave apples when pregnant because apples help with digestion and heart burn. And craving citrus helps combat nausea. Even if you aren't experiencing nausea or heartburn, supposedly that's the primordial reason for those cravings anyhow! HTH!

jark22
November 2nd, 2012, 04:45 PM
Thanks girls :). Guess I will just continue to obsess LOL!

Rosie85
November 2nd, 2012, 04:50 PM
I put zero belief into it. I am craving way different this time than with my first boys and this is still another boy.

Wanting-a-girl
November 2nd, 2012, 05:31 PM
I literally drank vinager with my first two boys disgusting I know and with my third boy cherry coke and Belgium waffles he sure did trick me lol my friend craved beef and had a girl my mom craved fries and gravy with me

buddystella
December 2nd, 2012, 10:52 AM
The craving theory didn't ring true for me. I've eaten a ton of hamburgers and savory stuff and want nothing to do with sweets, and I'm having a girl.

Atsaukina1
December 4th, 2012, 11:39 PM
I don't really get cravings- well I did see a movie that mentioned choc milk then I had to have some and bought some the next day lol- but I love salty and sweet things and eat them both and eat pretty much the same foods prego as I do normally so idk:)

Violet_
December 5th, 2012, 12:09 AM
I've had really different and individual cravings with all my boys. This one is very similar to my cravings with DS1 though (such as vinegar and salt) and some things like DS2 (fruit and tomatoes, lemons, lemonade) and some things similar to DS3 (such as chicken burgers and sweets). I guess now that I've had three kids, I'm running out of new foods to crave. I did go off dairy (couldn't stomach it) in the first trimester with all my kids. But slowly can tolerate dairy again in the second trimester and can't get enough milk, yogurt in the last bit of pregnancy (must need the calcium). I'm following that pattern again.

Mum23boys
December 5th, 2012, 03:36 AM
with ds1 and ds3 it was just carbs, potatoes, crisps, tat sort of thing.
DS2 - Eggs - which i hate and never ate before and havent eeaten since !!! but whilst pregnant its all i wanted

Tis time am only 5 weeks so nothing yet but again crisps crisps and more crisps or anything carby but thats me in general anyway

Cinss
December 5th, 2012, 04:43 AM
With DD i was eating really healthy, lots of fruits veggies, salads, water.

With DS im into coke, take away, cheese, salty stuff.

Lassie1982
December 5th, 2012, 04:56 AM
Like most of the old wives tales, not true for me.

My pregnancies are entirely different in every way, with same genders.

With ds1 I craved salty unhealthy foods.

With this pregnancy (also a boy) I can only eat fresh fruit and veggies, I seriously have to force carbs and protein down myself because otherwise I would literally live on nothing but fruit and veg.

Wishing4Princess
December 6th, 2012, 02:15 PM
the question is...when did you start your cravings?? b/c i'm 5 wks pregnant and I like everything! no MS yet.

NearlyDone
December 6th, 2012, 02:34 PM
With my girls my over all craving pattern was really similar.....lots of fruit, tuna mayo sandwiches, cheese and cucumber sandwiches, salad in general and jam on toast for breakfast or cereal(not a brekkie person normally) sweets, jacket potatoes..... but i would fill up really fast and was v picky early on
With my boy i was starved and just ate anything filling.....would eat tons of donuts because they are stodgy and filling(dont usually like donuts) also ate beef for the first time in over 10 years.....and used to eat the really salty cooked ham hock my local supermarket sell to myself and loved kfc

peaberry86
February 26th, 2013, 02:11 AM
With DS, I craved lots of spicy food and red meat. I had Indian lamb curry all the time with spiced briyani rice! I also had a lot of Thai curries. For snacks, my favourites were cheese pretzels. I can't help but feel that the cravings theory rang true, at least for DS.

Rainbow baby
February 26th, 2013, 08:29 AM
I have always had salt cravings but I am 90% sure it was because when I ate salty it would ease my Mourning sickness! I carried a green apple every were I went and couldn't leave the house without one! I craved Carrots with one, and my first son I wanted nothing but cheese flavoured twisty's! My last one I drank about 1l of milk and with the others the smell made me sick and the smallest sip would have me in the bucket! I don't think there is a link!

harleyquinn
March 9th, 2013, 06:44 PM
I crave whatever is on a commercial on TV....unfortunately, there aren't very many fruit and vegetable commercials, mostly ads for Poptarts and delicious bowls of soup from the Olive Garden and we don't even have an Olive Garden. ;)

I also eat Cracker Jacks by the bagful and thought it was low calorie but was shocked to look at the back and see it is 350 calories a bag...oops.

I'm super hungry all the time, have gained 7 pounds so far, ZERO morning sickness and I think that means BOY...read some study that while pg with a boy you consume more calories. Or boy moms just eat more calories to begin with.