PDA

View Full Version : How much importance do you place on the moon, biorythms and the seasons?

TTC5
February 28th, 2011, 11:15 PM
YES I want to do the best sway I can lol :rofl:
Another question..

So I can see that diet and supps is of ut most importance here... but what do you ladies think of the above.. bio rhythms, moon, season etc?

It would really limit things down trying to get all those lined up perfectly, wouldn't it?

Anyway... guess what?!!!!!

HUBBY SAID WE CAN TRY THIS WINTER woooooooo hooooooooo that is only 12 weeks away!!!

Is this enough time for a perfect sway shot? Also, have just finished my 2nd cycle coming off the pill... should I be waiting longer, do you think?

I am so so excited!!!!!

atomic sagebrush
March 1st, 2011, 01:17 PM
I put very little stock into biorhythms or the moon but seasons DO seem to matter although we are not quite certain why. I have been promising crystal-light an essay about this for ages and this is a sign that I need to DO IT already! (sorry Crystal!)

For best results TTC blue you need to plan to give birth during late spring/summer/early fall months. (because boys are more fragile, nature seems to have altered the sex ratio at conception just a bit so more boys are born during good weather) So conconceive 9 months earlier than that, whenever that is in your area.

LolaInLove
March 1st, 2011, 01:40 PM
Atomic, on this subject- I read your blog yesterday with your journey to conceive #4....and I identify with your feeling the need to just go ahead and get pg as you are older (and I am too). I also worry about my fertility, especially since we've had 7 months of well-times attempts, and only 1 resulted in a chemical. Would you go ahead and ttc now, which is what I want to do, or do you think it is that important to wait until the seasons are right? If I conceived this month, I'd be looking at a Thanksgiving baby, and then on to Christmas baby the next month. I just can't decide if it's worth waiting for...and DH doesn't see the point, but he will go along with whatever I think is best (thankfully).

I haven't put much stock in those things either, although I do think there might be some merit to the ions.

TTC5, 12 weeks sounds good! Like I said in an earlier post, it will go by quick!

atomic sagebrush
March 1st, 2011, 01:44 PM
Yes, I would go ahead and TTC right away. The seasonal variation is very very small and to me, it's not worth waiting for.

I started this journey with several other women in their late 30's and several of them were unable to get pregnant (:HH::awe::heart:). Even just a few months can make a difference between a baby and none because at some point it really will be the last egg. I strongly urge anyone 35 and up, esp. 38 and older, to put swaying behind getting pregnant, because if you don't get pregnant you have no chance at your desired gender.

LolaInLove
March 1st, 2011, 01:49 PM
I'm relieved to hear that advice, thank you. I have this now or never mentality.....and I thought I would be knocked up that very first month for sure. And truly, I would be overjoyed with a healthy daughter....the swaying is more of a why not for us. It would probably be way easier if we had another girl anyway, but I am aiming for healthy at this point!

TTC5
March 1st, 2011, 06:15 PM
Right, well where I live the climate is pretty cool - mild we hardly had a summer this year at all =(
Our warmer months are over Dec-March I would probably say that Jan/Feb is the warmer months..
I was under the impression that we try in the winter months? So for us the winter months are June July August.. hence why I was planning to have a try in July (would make me due in April which is coolish- mild weather again..

atomic sagebrush
March 1st, 2011, 06:45 PM
If you're trying for ions, that is true. This is something different, researchers found a very subtle variation in season of conception and gender ratio. More girls were born in the winter months and more boys in the summer months. I'll write about it in more depth so it is easier to understand.

TTC5
March 2nd, 2011, 12:55 AM
That would be great =)

ELP
March 3rd, 2011, 05:05 AM
I am having the same do I don't I dilemma. At the minute it is still cooooold so good for boy but next month could be a the start of warmer weather, we have strange things happening in the UK weather wise lately. But this is the 1st cycle after mmc so progestorone is still up so do I try with the weather or skip because of the progestorone:confused:?????????

LolaInLove
March 3rd, 2011, 09:13 AM
8LP, do you take progesterone supps? I forgot to ask that on the other post....hmmmm, if you don't (I DO), maybe you will be fine. Was your m/c super early, like a chemical?

atomic sagebrush
March 3rd, 2011, 12:25 PM
Here is my bare bones attempt to write about this - http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1693-the-seasons-and-swaying

I will edit it but the kids were NUTS yesterday!

TTC5
March 4th, 2011, 03:11 AM
Wish I could help you with an answer 3lp xx
Thanks Atomic, off to read =)

atomic sagebrush
March 4th, 2011, 11:25 AM
I am having the same do I don't I dilemma. At the minute it is still cooooold so good for boy but next month could be a the start of warmer weather, we have strange things happening in the UK weather wise lately. But this is the 1st cycle after mmc so progestorone is still up so do I try with the weather or skip because of the progestorone:confused:?????????

I am not convinced that temperature has anything to do with it at all, I think it is mostly the length of day that your body picks up on. If you have the luxury of waiting, I personally would skip this month and maybe next month as well, not only because of the progesterone but also because of when the babe will be born. More girls are born in winter and more boys in summer, and if you conceive either this month or next (March/April) that is right when the most girls were statistically conceived. It's obviously VERY far from a sure thing and I have two December boys conceived in March to show for it.

TTC5
March 6th, 2011, 05:04 AM
Interesting.. can I ask what makes you think this Atomic? xx

atomic sagebrush
March 6th, 2011, 11:27 AM
I am not convinced that temperature has anything to do with it at all, I think it is mostly the length of day that your body picks up on. If you have the luxury of waiting, I personally would skip this month and maybe next month as well, not only because of the progesterone but also because of when the babe will be born. More girls are born in winter and more boys in summer, and if you conceive either this month or next (March/April) that is right when the most girls were statistically conceived. It's obviously VERY far from a sure thing and I have two December boys conceived in March to show for it.

I'm sorry that didn't come out quite as clear as I would have liked - temperature MAY have a bit to do with it but it is not the "girls like warm things" and "boys like cold things" ion/temperature theory. IN fact some research indicates it may be the exact opposite. I expanded the original "swaying and the seasons" essay to address this but it's because the research shows that there is a seasonal variation in births that seems to vary depending on where you live, and a temperature variation as well that is apart from the seasons themselves. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1693-the-seasons-and-swaying&p=11870

ELP
March 6th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Slight variation on topic but...Do you think that a full spectrum light would sway? Would it maybe trick the body into thinking it was good for one gender or another? (I couldn't say which it might influence because I am still slightly baffled lol)

atomic sagebrush
March 6th, 2011, 01:31 PM
I think that if you shine that light on yourself for the three days when you are ovulating, it ~may~ help boost your fertility a little bit and therefore sway blue.

It is really confusing I know, please ask me to clarify the things that aren't making sense. It's hard because there are several facets (temperature, season, moon, latitude) and then the ion thing as well to contend with!

TTC5
March 6th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Ahhh confusing lol!!!! But very interesting!