PDA

View Full Version : Arranging a consultation with Dr P

Dreamingforaboy
March 1st, 2011, 08:05 AM
Dear Dr Potter,

What is the best way to arrange a consultation with you? We are in the UK, can this be done via Skype? Please advise we are keen to setup a consultation with you this week.

Thanks.

Dr. Potter
March 2nd, 2011, 11:57 PM
Dear Dr Potter,

What is the best way to arrange a consultation with you? We are in the UK, can this be done via Skype? Please advise we are keen to setup a consultation with you this week.

Thanks.Yes, Skype is perfect. Tracey Marrotte will be happy to arrange this with you. She can be reached at traceym@having babies.com

Dreamingforaboy
March 4th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Email sent to Tracey on 3/3... still no reply?

princess-nash
March 7th, 2011, 11:33 AM
hhhmmm Dreamingforaboy I have been having the same problem too with Tracey. :(

Dreamingforaboy
March 8th, 2011, 05:20 PM
hhhmmm Dreamingforaboy I have been having the same problem too with Tracey. :(

There was a little bit of confusion over my consultation, but in the end it all got sorted. In fact once I got the initial response to my email, it all flowed really quickly. Good luck I'm sure you will be contacted back soon.

princess-nash
March 8th, 2011, 05:39 PM
There was a little bit of confusion over my consultation, but in the end it all got sorted. In fact once I got the initial response to my email, it all flowed really quickly. Good luck I'm sure you will be contacted back soon.

She contacted me as soon as I typed the message lol. So hoping to sort out everything soon. When are you planning to cycle? I'm planning this July. A little hiccup with my contraceptive injection. Didn't know I had to wait for a few normal cycles before I can pre test :( I have asked Tracey anyway. Lets see what she says. I was really hoping on going to HRC this July. Has the financial team got back to you. I have asked numerous times but they never got back to me. Even Tracey has asked me a few times but my answer has always been no. Please do let me know if they have given you a written quotation. I really want to know my options in terms of what my money can get me.

x3:bigboy: hoping for x2:XX: IVF/PGD HRC

Dreamingforaboy
March 9th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Lol you sound as eager as me.. I was really keen to get my initial consultation setup. I have had it now and it went well. We are still trying to work out when to go and July might be the month for us too. I am still waiting for the financial lady to contact me but I have a rough idea of costing if this helps:

Treatment Costs: 1 cycle
IVF = $6,900
PGD with GSN = $4,100 (PGD2 probe, gender = $2,400)
ICSI $1,200
Pre-Tests (Local) $2,500 (estimate at this stage as not sure what is required)
Medication Costs (anywhere between $2000 - $5000) $2,500
Anesthesia $400.00
Total $18,760
(£11,600)

Treatment Costs: 2 cycle[/U][/B]
IVF = $9,900
PGD with GSN = $4,100
ICSI = $1,200
Pre-Tests (Local) $2,500
Medication Costs (anywhere between $2000 - $5000) $2,500
Anesthesia $400.00
Total = $21,760
(£13,400)

I am in the UK so will have pre-tests carried out locally, I think HRC have a clinic they work with in London so will go via that.

Of course on top of that we have to factor in travel and hotel costs and decide whether we are taking the whole family or not!! So much too think about...

princess-nash
March 9th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Thank you for the info I am really grateful. We are not taking the kids so everything should be ok. I have found two hotels who do special rate for HRC patients but again no reply to emails. Hhhmmm I want answers :( otherwise I get so panicky just want to have control of the situation. I stay awake thinking and am really stressing at the mo. I do hope we cycle together. I'm in the UK too and am using the London womens clinic who said it will be fine to monitor with them. im still waiting for a consultation slot then I will know what screening I will need. atleast then I know the ball is actually rolling. hubby wants to do this asap only if it were that simple lol. do keep posted on any updates. Xxx

Dreamingforaboy
March 10th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Goodluck, great to know you are from UK too, lets keep in touch xx

Dr. Potter
March 17th, 2011, 12:46 AM
Thank you for the info I am really grateful. We are not taking the kids so everything should be ok. I have found two hotels who do special rate for HRC patients but again no reply to emails. Hhhmmm I want answers :( otherwise I get so panicky just want to have control of the situation. I stay awake thinking and am really stressing at the mo. I do hope we cycle together. I'm in the UK too and am using the London womens clinic who said it will be fine to monitor with them. im still waiting for a consultation slot then I will know what screening I will need. atleast then I know the ball is actually rolling. hubby wants to do this asap only if it were that simple lol. do keep posted on any updates. Xxx
Let me know if you are getting the help that you need.

princess-nash
March 17th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Let me know if you are getting the help that you need.
Hi Dr Potter. I had me Skype consultation with Tracey on Monday 14th March. She said she will discuss with you what pre screening I will be needing as i'm 25. I did email her yesterday so I am waiting for a reply. I am not sure if she has spoken to you about me yet. She is really lovely and explained everything well. So at the moment I am just waiting for her to get back to me with the info and also the financial team still hasn't given me a written quotation lol. I will be cycling with you regardless but it's my hubby he wants the fees on paper, men ey lol. Thank you Dr Potter and hope to see you soon. Can't wait

Mykids
March 21st, 2011, 04:14 PM
Hi Dr Potter. I had me Skype consultation with Tracey on Monday 14th March. She said she will discuss with you what pre screening I will be needing as i'm 25. I did email her yesterday so I am waiting for a reply. I am not sure if she has spoken to you about me yet. She is really lovely and explained everything well. So at the moment I am just waiting for her to get back to me with the info and also the financial team still hasn't given me a written quotation lol. I will be cycling with you regardless but it's my hubby he wants the fees on paper, men ey lol. Thank you Dr Potter and hope to see you soon. Can't wait

I can see how impatient you are, But trust me HRC is very good at getting back to u on any questions you ask, you will not even feel you are cycling in a different country. Also IVF as it is a procedure which requires lots lots & lots of patience. Good Luck

princess-nash
March 21st, 2011, 05:22 PM
Yes I'm aware how good HRC are hence that's why I'm going there. There is a lot to organise and I have a hubby with questions that need answering. DR P asked me to let him know if I am getting the help needed, I was merely answering he's question. how is all your preparation going, bet your all set by know must be really exciting for you. Wish you all the best and hope you get your bfp.xxx

Dr. Potter
March 21st, 2011, 05:30 PM

x3:bigboy: hoping for :XX: or :XX::XX: HRC July 2011

Tracey did speak to me about your case. She should be getting back to you either today or tomorrow with info that you requested.

princess-nash
March 21st, 2011, 05:35 PM
Tracey did speak to me about your case. She should be getting back to you either today or tomorrow with info that you requested.
Thank you Dr Potter you're reply means a lot to me. I do know how busy you are and I am very appreciative. regards Nashrin