PDA

View Full Version : So convinced that this is another boy....can't be excited about the pregnancy :(

Claire33
November 2nd, 2012, 08:02 AM
I am 15 weeks pregnant and had a 12 week scan 3 weeks ago. I remember seeing what I thought was a boy nub, but didn't get any print outs of a nub. I have also now being reading about the skull theory and the more I read, the more I realize that my baby has a "boy skull". I feel that there is no hope left for me to ever have a girl. It's my 3rd and last baby, I can't manage any more kids.

I feel sad and am DREADING all the comments I will be getting for the rest of my life and the GD I will be feeling forever. I really feel there is no hope left. There is still a month left before I find out the gender, but I'm sure it's a boy. I feel it's unfair why some people get their DG with their first child, while others have to try over and over again and never get their dream :( Why am I one of these people?

Here is my boy skull scan if anyone is wondering. (and thanks for listening to me rant :worry: )

Cinss
November 2nd, 2012, 08:09 AM
yes i can see what you mean about boy skull shape, however you cant just rely on that theory, its not 100%

NCBeachyGrl
November 2nd, 2012, 08:21 AM
I wouldn't put too much stock in the skull theory! My friends have said they seen no head shape difference between their different sex babies. I know how it feels to have the wind sucked out of your sail, but your dream of a DD isn't over yet!

dreamingpink77
November 2nd, 2012, 08:38 AM
I so much understand how you feel Claire. I wouldn't worry much about the skull theory though, as NCbeach said, there are several mothers who have both genders and say the skulls looked the same. I hope the skull theory is wrong for you of course and that you have a girl in there. I'm also very much conviced that I'm carrying a boy and that I'll never be able to hold my dd in my arms. It really seems it is so much easier for others to get their desired gender immediately, but well who knows, perhaps we are luckier in other things then they are. Seems we just have to learn to accept it however difficult it may be :(

dloui128
November 2nd, 2012, 09:07 AM
The skull theory is just for fun, my DD2 and the DS I am carrying now had the exact same skull shape in their u/s pictures

coocoobananas
November 2nd, 2012, 01:26 PM
I thought I saw something at my 12 week but my husband and many others had me convinced otherwise! He is in fact a boy and it stings. But it's getting better and I think I will be just fine in the end especially when he is here! It isn't fair that's for sure, I think that's the hardest part... Why not me??
I hope you're wrong and will be one of the lucky ones;)

KidAtHeart
November 2nd, 2012, 02:10 PM
Hang in there - it's better to deal with it during the pregnancy than afterward. I tried it both ways - found out with DS1 and DS2 and not with DS3. While I was not excited for the second half of my pregnancy with DS 2, I remember really feeling a sense of peace once he was born. I felt really blind-sided with GD by DS3. I let myself day-dream far too long with the third pregnancy. The fact is, you will probably have GD no matter when you find out. And while it's harder to deal with during pregnancy, in the end, you'll be better off. By the time he's born, you'll have worked through all of these feelings and you will bond with him and move on.

Dana-Alicia
November 2nd, 2012, 08:04 PM
So sorry you feel this way. I hope you do get your desired gender! But if not, I'm sure this baby will be extra precious, you'll see! And about the comments, shame on them! Everyone should be minding their own business and family and be happy for you for getting a healthy baby. This is your baby and it's just rude if someone only looks at the gender, not the individual child. He or she will be perfect for your family :D

Claire33
November 3rd, 2012, 07:00 AM
Thanks everyone for your posts! I've been this past day trying to envision 3 little boys sitting in the bed reading a bedtime book, or 3 little boys walking next to each other (rather than 2 little boys and a girl). It helps to think that it will be very sweet and special to have 3 of the same, and think of it as something positive rather than negative. They will hopefully be great friends.

I just have to ignore the comments. They're already coming - "This just HAS to be a girl" or "Wouldn't it be great to have a girl?" or "Oooh, imagine if this is a girl??!". I'm going crazy and each time I just say "No, I'm pretty sure this is a boy", and they just continue "Yes, but just imagine if it is a girl?" And I just feel like saying SHUT UP, what are you trying to get at? If it is a boy I feel like everyone will act all disappointed, which doesn't help.

I totally agree, KidatHeart, I definitely need to know before birth. I don't want GD after giving birth, I think that will be worse than finding out during pregnancy. No point in dreaming for 9 months and getting disappointed when I see the baby.

Another month until I find out, it feels like ages...

Thorz300
November 5th, 2012, 08:58 AM
I have 3 beautiful boys and I know exactly how you feel about the "comments" from others. When I found out my 2nd was a boy I was disappointed but realized that 2 boys would be good because they could be buddies. With DS3 I cried my eyes out for days...The first few days I cried because I was having another boy and the other days I cried because I felt like a bad mom for being so upset with having a 3rd boy. I have awful pregnancies and cannot walk for the second half so the thought of ttc again was really hard to stomach because I wasn't sure that I could go through it all again for 1 last boy! I've dreamed of a DD my whole life. I have a hard time holding my friends baby girls or even going to girl baby showers (I cannot do it, it always ends in tears) I am going to do everything I can to sway for a girl but in the end, we have to realize that we were given these special little babies (no matter the sex) because they need us as their mommy! I really hope you are having a girl because I believe every mommy needs a daughter!

Falling2Grace
February 6th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Hi there I was just curious if you ended up having a baby boy or a baby girl.

Mum23boys
February 7th, 2013, 08:28 AM
All 3 of my boys have perfect Girl skull shapes so definately do not take stock in that theory there is every chance you have your girl on board - Fingers crossed :-)

Claire33
February 7th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Sorry I forgot to update - it's another boy. I was very very sad for a few days and cried a lot. I actually wanted to do HT for our 3rd child, as I didn't want more than 3, so I was so angry at my DH for saying NO to HT, therefore robbing me of the chance of having a girl. But now my DH says we could go HT for a 4th, and even though I feel 4 children is daunting, it's what's holding me together. I might still have a chance of a girl if HT works for us. I have decided to think of this baby as my bonus baby, the one I wouldn't have had if we'd done HT for a 3rd. So we are all looking forward to his arrival, I'm trying to think of all the positive aspects of having 3 boys, rather than focusing on what I didn't get. Hopefully we'll be successful with the HT, even though I'm realistic about our chances, I will be in my late 30's by the time we do it. But now I try and focus on what this little man will be like and how he will fit into our family. Luckily I haven't had many negative comments about another boy, something I did get when pregnant with DS2.

OneLastDream
February 7th, 2013, 05:13 PM
I had serious gd with ds3 from 12 weeks when I found out to 22 week scan. After that it was still there but not as bad. Ds3 is now 2 and is the cutest toddler ever and everyone loves him. He makes me smile constantly. I am now pregnant with ds4 and I know there's no more chances for me so have quite bad gd but hopefully once he is here that will all go. Sending lots of love

Claire33
February 8th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Congrats on your 4th son! Having a one-gender family is pretty special :awe:

One of the things I worry about is what will happen when my sons are grown up and they gravitate towards DILs family rather than mine. I feel now that the more boys I have, the larger the chances are that at least one or two of my sons will gravitate towards me. :think: One is allowed to hope!

zibibbogirl
February 11th, 2013, 10:58 PM
Claire, three boys are fabulous and I hope you get to enjoy that for a few years before welcoming your HT DD.

my3Boys
February 12th, 2013, 03:33 AM
Claire, congratulations on your 3rd son, 3 boys are truly beautiful our 3rd ds is just a delight & we couldn't imagine life without him, we decide to go HT for our 4th and are nearly 20 weeks pregnant with our dd
I truly hope things work out for you like they did for us and that you have a dd in the near future, enjoy the rest of your pregnancy and your new little boy. Wishing you all the very best
xxx

Claire33
February 12th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Thank you lovely ladies! :HH:

iluvmy4sons
February 14th, 2013, 11:15 PM
I have 4 boys and find out in two weeks if I am having another boy or not. For the sons migrating to DIL family. My husband and I go MIL more than my parents. We live on same lane as inlaws and about 2 miles from my parents. My MIL is great and if I ask her if she can help or watch kids she looks at her calendar and gives direct answer. When it comes to my mom I can ask her and she says well I have to see what I am doing or not sure what I am doing . It can be 2 months away. I can call my MIL and she will go shopping with me more than my mom. My husband has a twin brother. I am hoping at least one one of my DIL and I will have the relationship I have with my mother.