PDA

View Full Version : Ovulation and temps after m/c at 5 wks

cemas
March 2nd, 2011, 10:57 AM
My cycle is pretty weired after the chemical(5 weeks)...i have had like 10 days of tons and tons of ewcm...literally dripping(TMI) and temps pretty low. on monday is the lowest high after O that i have seen (96.97 to 97.41)...and today 97.57. The CM has reduced a lot but slight ewcm still there. Do you think i did really O???

atomic sagebrush
March 2nd, 2011, 11:53 AM
First off, I'm so sorry. :(

There's no way of knowing until the luteal phase is over with (other than an ultrasound). If you have AF, you ovulated. If not, it was a fake O. That you had EWCM for so many days makes me think your body might have been trying to O for awhile before it actually did, and it may not have Oed at all. This is very normal because your hormones are all over the place and you just didn't make the right hormone to release an egg. It happens sometime.

If your hormones weren't quite right yet and the eggs formed but none were released, the corpus luteum can't form and you won't get your period. You can still have bleeding that seems like AF but it's not your actual period and will probably seem different in nature than your regular AF..this is because the estrogen that was causing your eggs to develop declines suddenly and your uterine lining will slough off. It can be lighter than AF, heavier, last for a long or short time...I know this isn't very helpful but it's just what happens.

In a nutshell, for now there's no way to know if you really ovulated or if it was just a fake O(short of going to the doctor and having an ultrasound done). But in a couple weeks, you will either a) have a normal menstrual cycle, in which case you probably DID ovulate b) nothing will happen and you DID NOT ovulate c) have some bleeding that is unlike your normal menstrual cycle in which case you probably DID NOT ovulate.

cemas
March 2nd, 2011, 01:15 PM
in case of option 3....will a new cycle start after the non-menstrual bleeding? i see that my cm has become more creamy today and cervic seems more closed(that is always confusing)
can u write a thread on checking cervix....some tips...different feels etc when u have the time.

atomic sagebrush
March 2nd, 2011, 07:05 PM
Yes, a new cycle will begin even after the non-menstrual bleeding once your estrogen starts to rise again - this will trigger the FSH and the FSH is what makes the eggs start to develop. It may take longer than two weeks to build up in the first few cycles after a miscarriage so your cycle will be longer.

Tips on checking your cervix is in this link (it's about the fourth post down) http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1642-Tracking-the-three-primary-fertility-signs-(BBT-cervical-position-and-CM)

cemas
March 3rd, 2011, 12:53 PM
Thanks Atomic...appreciate it. Is it Ok to try after 1-2 mths gap after m/c

atomic sagebrush
March 3rd, 2011, 01:07 PM
Yes, as long as it is ok with your doctor it is fine to start trying right away (this is only true for chemical pregnancies, for anyone reading this who lost a baby further along in pregnancy your doctor will probably want you to wait a little while before TTC). And in fact, for pink swayers, a chemical pregancy ~may~ make hormones more favorable for TTC pink. There are numerous exceptions to this and it is not a guarantee (in fact Tamara herself conceived her little boy after a mc as did another of my good friends) but it is something people have noticed.