PDA

View Full Version : WHOA....opk is + on CD11 now...is this normal?

LolaInLove
March 2nd, 2011, 01:12 PM
I've been taking DHEA for the last 6 weeks, and last month I had the 4 days of +opks....I usually ovulate anywhere from CD 13-16, but I just started my opking for this month today at noon (CD11), and it was about 98% positive (as dark as the control line, that is). I am sure it will be very positive by this evening.

So, Atomic, is this normal, in your opinion? Especially with the DHEA? Should we just go ahead and bd tonight?

This kinda caught me by surprise, but I did feel some o pains and crampiness this morning, which clued me in that I may be getting close to O sooner this month, and sure enough, it was nearly positive.

TIA for advice! Yikes!

cemas
March 2nd, 2011, 03:43 PM
wow Lola GL DTD.

LolaInLove
March 2nd, 2011, 04:07 PM
Thanks, Cemas. I feel like I'm about to take a test that I haven't studied for, but of course, that is not true. :wink: I've been powering down some potassium foods, V8, red meat, ACV, and the like today. We're gonna go for it tonight.

atomic sagebrush
March 2nd, 2011, 07:17 PM
I would BD tonight, but I don't put a lot of stock into timing.

For best results in terms of timing (trying to time BD as close as possible to ovulation), you should prob. wait until tomorrow morning but then I'd be afraid if you really ARE ovulating, you'll miss the egg all together.

My Fabulous Children
March 2nd, 2011, 07:30 PM
Good luck!

TTC5
March 2nd, 2011, 07:32 PM
Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sending you lots of positive stickey egg and sperm dust lol

LolaInLove
March 2nd, 2011, 08:37 PM
So I took another opk tonight (around 8pm), and it is way lighter than before....I would say half as dark. Hmmmmm......we may dtd tonight anyway, it's been about 5 days.

atomic sagebrush
March 2nd, 2011, 09:22 PM
I would! I've conceived a boy on about every possible timing there is LOL.

TTC5
March 3rd, 2011, 01:45 AM
So I took another opk tonight (around 8pm), and it is way lighter than before....I would say half as dark. Hmmmmm......we may dtd tonight anyway, it's been about 5 days.

Yes I would dtd too!! Good luck xox

LolaInLove
March 3rd, 2011, 09:19 AM
Well, we went for it. For some reason, I have this feeling that I did indeed drop an egg yesterday, because I had all these o pains and such (just like you described in your post about that, Atomic)...and now today, nothing. Is it plausible that the DHEA (or my age or something!) just made me shoot one out super early? I had a regular AF, lasting until day 5....and yesterday was day 11. I usually don't O that early, which is why it's peculiar. Oh well, we gave it a go, and if I get another +, we'll bd again. Thanks for you input, ladies!

atomic sagebrush
March 3rd, 2011, 11:20 AM
Yes, it is TOTALLY possible but I would keep doing the OPKs. I am learning more and more about how hormones work with ovulation and your body can try to O a few times before the hormones are right! GL.

LolaInLove
March 3rd, 2011, 02:03 PM
That's what I've read, and seen with a few friends- estrogen builds up, gives a nearly or entirely positive opk, then tries again later. I guess I have no idea if I did O since I don't temp (it stresses me out that I won't sleep well and get a bunk temp, and then I fulfill my prophecy and don't sleep- vicious cycle). Will keep doing opks....I did take one at noon today and there was practically no second line at all. I did have all sorts of pains yesterday- twangs in the ovaries and then dull aches in the uterus that felt like burning a bit. Thanks for the input!

atomic sagebrush
March 3rd, 2011, 02:14 PM
If you are really uptight about it you can always go for one of the digital monitors but I don't think you need to!

GL and a massive quantity of blue dust has been loaded into a convoy of dump trucks and is headed your way.

LolaInLove
March 3rd, 2011, 02:37 PM
Yea, I can hold off on the monitor and keep using my cheapies. Thanks for the convoy! :wink:

babydes56
March 4th, 2011, 10:34 AM
GL Lola, hope this is it for you sweetie!

LolaInLove
March 4th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Thanks! I feel so oddly ambivalent and sort of pessimistic about my chances this month....probably because the O caught me off guard and early. Well, we did end up doing a one-time shot with a four day abstinence, which was very inadvertant, but hey, could be worse. I wish I would have started the opks sooner, but I have never Oed this early, so I guess I couldn't have known.

LolaInLove
March 7th, 2011, 12:11 PM
So, now it looks like my opks are fading in again! WTH? This is a wierd cycle....I'm not even sure I o'ed last time (last Wed on CD11) and now I'm CD16 and they are about half-way as dark as the control line, and have gotten darker in the last 2 days. I just hate that I stopped all the ACV, etc, as I considered myself to be in the 2ww. This doesn't surprise me, as the DHEA is definitely stimulating my ovaries/estrogen/testosterone. Will keep you all posted....Atomic, is it possible to ovulate twice in a cycle, about a week apart?

LolaInLove
March 7th, 2011, 01:15 PM

I just took this one....could I possibly have this 3/4 of the way positive opk if I were only 5dpo? Or is it more likely that I am fading in again? Sorry to keep bugging....I just wish I could keep doing some ASG and ACV if I need to bd again....

atomic sagebrush
March 7th, 2011, 02:47 PM
So, now it looks like my opks are fading in again! WTH? This is a wierd cycle....I'm not even sure I o'ed last time (last Wed on CD11) and now I'm CD16 and they are about half-way as dark as the control line, and have gotten darker in the last 2 days. I just hate that I stopped all the ACV, etc, as I considered myself to be in the 2ww. This doesn't surprise me, as the DHEA is definitely stimulating my ovaries/estrogen/testosterone. Will keep you all posted....Atomic, is it possible to ovulate twice in a cycle, about a week apart?

No, it's not possible to O a week apart. You may have had a fake O or you may be PREGNANT.

http://www.peeonastick.com/opkhpt.html

atomic sagebrush
March 7th, 2011, 02:48 PM

I just took this one....could I possibly have this 3/4 of the way positive opk if I were only 5dpo? Or is it more likely that I am fading in again? Sorry to keep bugging....I just wish I could keep doing some ASG and ACV if I need to bd again....

I think you need to POAS NOW and then if you're not pg you can decide what to do. Are you temping??

LolaInLove
March 7th, 2011, 03:25 PM
No, darnit, I wish I did temp now....I used to but it subconsciously stresses me out and then I don't get a good night's sleep because I worry about getting a good night's sleep for a good legit temp. Anyway, I will try a FRER in the morning and see what I get....I'd only be 6dpo though. Just so odd to me how the opks would go from + on the 2nd to literally no second line at all for a couple of days, and then start showing a line again, even though it's not technically positive. OMG, I got all excited when I read that POAS.com link! Thank you so very much for all of your advise!!!

LolaInLove
March 8th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Aaaaaaand now I have a SUPER + opk, so I guess I had a fake O last week! Will be dtd tonight for shizz!!!

atomic sagebrush
March 8th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Good luck!!!