PDA

View Full Version : November chit chat thread for ladies due in Sept./Oct./Nov 2012

Hobbermittens
November 2nd, 2012, 05:45 PM
Here we go, November!

PeonyPrincess
November 2nd, 2012, 07:09 PM
Yay, it's November! Within the next 12 days I'll have a baby!

DH woke up so down today. I asked him what's up and he said he's stressed. Poor guy, it's like it has all just hit him. Soon to be new baby, family visiting this month and next, packing up our house, moving to the other side of Australia, finding a new job. Yeah I think that's pretty stressful.

I'm having an u/s this morning to check bub's size. It will be the first time the boys the boys will see it, so they are very excited. And we are picking up the baby capsule I've hired. Makes it all seem a bit more real. Then a pedicure this afternoon with some girlfriends. I should send DH to get a massage so he has a good day too.

Ladybug, our babies won't be too far apart by the looks of it. Glad one of us is organised!

pinkin2011
November 2nd, 2012, 08:43 PM
Gosh Peony!! Not long now. How did your scan go?

Mochagirl
November 2nd, 2012, 09:08 PM
Thanks for starting a new thread, Hobber!

Peony - so exciting that you're getting close!

Auroara - I'm glad af came. What are you, 8 weeks? Mine came back at 9 weeks with ds3 and I was exclusively breastfeeding! Remember a couple of weeks ago I said I had started bleeding heavily again? Well, that lasted 3 days and then I've had nothing since. When I mentioned it to my midwife, she said it might have been my period...at 4 weeks postpartum, and while breastfeeding around the clock! How unfair would that be if it ends up being true???!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fivebabies
November 2nd, 2012, 10:18 PM
Peony~ Yay for a fun ultrasound! I bet the boys loved it! What is a baby capsule? Never heard that term before. Yeah, I'd can see why your DH is stressed! It all happens so fast and a huge move too...holy cow.

I am starting to get seriously uncomfortable! I've been ok until yesterday. Now I'm miserable. in one week she is considered "full term"..that's crazy to me! I have been contracting soooo much. I give her 2 weeks. Then I start encouraging her to come out! ;)

Hobbermittens
November 2nd, 2012, 11:13 PM
Peony, what part of Australia are you moving to? How was your scan? I bet your boys had fun seeing their sister. Your poor DH-- this is a stressful time, but fun, too/ Hopefully he will enjoy some of it!

Fivebabies, sounds like your little one wants out! Do you have a name picked out yet?

Mocha, I hope that wasn't your period. What a rip off if it was!

So I called about Sawyer's newborn screening tests, since I hadn't gotten the results yet. No one seems to have the results to tell me what they were! I am really scared, because if there was a positive result on any of the tests, he needs to be treated! My dr was supposed to ask the hospital for the test results, so hopefully I will know something by Monday. I am really stressed out about it! :worry:

fivebabies
November 2nd, 2012, 11:24 PM
No name yet...at least not 100% sure. ;)

Wait, Hobber...what tests?? What did I miss? Hope little Sawyer is ok! :(

PeonyPrincess
November 2nd, 2012, 11:33 PM
Scan was good, but the sonographer wouldn't let DH and the boys in until near the end. I know they can't see much as the baby is so squished up now, but they were so keen. I guess she didn't want to be distracted. She did show them the baby's face as best as she could. DS1 said it looked like a girl and DS2 said it looked like a boy. DH told me last night he is sure it is a boy. I know he will be so happy when he meets his girl. Baby was measuring 39w 1d, so I am positive the OB won't let me go past my due date. I see her again on Tues and think I will ask her to do a sweep if she can. DH will be away that day but I don't expect it to suddenly put me into labour. Most things I've read say it is likely to take a few days.

Hobber, we are moving back to Perth, in Western Australia. That is where our family live and we built a house there but moved here before we got a chance to live in it! I hope you find out about Sawyer's results soon. I hate always chasing things up. If only people would do their job properly.

Fivebabies, what things are you going to try to encourage the baby along in a couple of weeks? I am jealous that you are already getting so many niggles as I barely even get any BH. A baby capsule is a baby car seat where you can lift part of it out of the car so you don't disturb the baby, rather than having to pick the baby up every time. As we are only here for such a short time before we move, I just hired the easiest and narrowest baby seat available.

Oh Mocha, that would suck if AF is coming back so soon. There should be some benefits to the mum for all the breastfeeding!

fivebabies
November 3rd, 2012, 12:07 AM
I plan on giving castor oil a try again. Worked on baby #3. lol. But lots of sex and walking should irritate my uterus enough too.

Hobbermittens
November 3rd, 2012, 12:31 AM
Thanks for your concern. The tests were just the routine newborn screenings they do, like test the thyroid, test for PKU, etc. I just never heard if they were normal or not, and no one seems to have the results to let me know what they were! I am worried and annoyed!

Peony, I knew your boys didn't know the gender of your baby, but I guess I forgot that your DH doesn't either. How exciting! Have you picked names yet?

Fivebabies, good luck getting that baby girl out of there!

Mochagirl
November 3rd, 2012, 08:33 AM
Hobber - try not to stress too much about those newborn tests. I'm sure they would have called you if there was anything to be concerned about. Here they never call if tests come back normal. The general rule is 'no news is good news'.

laughinglynxie
November 3rd, 2012, 06:19 PM
Same here, we don't hear unless there IS something wrong. I barely ever heard results of the blood panels they did for NICU and I was sitting there all day long!

PeonyPrincess
November 3rd, 2012, 06:28 PM
Every time I think we have names sorted, then DH seems to be unsure and coming up with new ones, or names we have already crossed off the list. I am sure it will be a matter of seeing what they look like this time around. Most likely for a boy (lol) is Hayden Jett. For a girl, I love Sasha Belle or Sasha Michelle (my middle name). DHs favourite girl name is Zoe and he likes the idea of using my middle name. Time will tell. Hoping she looks just like a Sasha!

Hobbermittens
November 3rd, 2012, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the reassurance. I am mostly worried because no one seems to even have a copy of the results--not our regular doctor, and not the doctor I saw during pregnancy and delivery.I don't know who would have even seenthem to determine if they were normal or not.

Peony, Zoe is my neice's name. :) I like Sasha, too. :)

Hobbermittens
November 4th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Has anyone heard from TTC5? I wonder how she and baby Daniel are doing?

pinkin2011
November 4th, 2012, 05:50 PM
No havent seen her post in a while and what about HappyLea???

PeonyPrincess
November 4th, 2012, 06:13 PM
I miss Happylea too. Have been wondering how she is going.
Just bumped into a mum at school drop off who is a physio and does acupuncture. I mentioned that I may have to be induced (again) in 10 days and she suggested having some acupuncture done as a form of induction. I had already looked into it and considered it, but have come straight home and booked in some appointments. Man, I will try anything not to be hooked up to a drip and monitor all labour again!
Off to the accountant now. Tax return time. Trying to get as much out of the way as possible so I can enjoy this baby when she arrives.

laughinglynxie
November 4th, 2012, 10:20 PM
UGH, my Domperidone got lost at the NY sorting facility. I ordered it a MONTH ago when I was starting to have milk supply issues. What am I going to do now?? :(

Seriously so close to giving up on BFing.

PeonyPrincess
November 5th, 2012, 02:58 AM
Oh Lynxie, you must be at your wits end. Is Ivy unsettled as she wants more milk from you as well? The only advice I have is to never give up at night, as things are often different in the morning. And I read recently that night feeds increase your milk supply more than day-time feeds (I will remind myself of this when I am up at all hours feeding shortly!) Well done for feeding her for this long as well. Every bit helps, and you have not had an easy time of it.

fivebabies
November 5th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Oh gosh, so sorry Lynxie! :( The only thing that seems to help mine is oatmeal everyday and LOADS of water....which I'm sure you're already doing. I've heard the hops in non-alcoholic beer helps...? Hope your package gets there quicker for you!!!

ladybug
November 5th, 2012, 11:51 AM
So last night I had the worst pelvic pain and pressure....I couldnt even turn over while I was sleeping....It woke me it was so bad.....Todat I have a ton of pressure and some mild cramping....Hubby said baby has dropped for sure...I feel it to.....Now I had the diarreah(tmi) I know....I am wondering if I should call my OB and get checked....I am nervous cause its still too early....I never had any of this with my other pregnancies and I am scheduled for a c section in a little over 2 weeks from now....Anyone else have this pain too? the pressure feels like its in my butt....I'm so uncomfortable

laughinglynxie
November 5th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Oh thank you, ladies. <3

We are seriously doing everything. I decided to switch back to just pumping because Ivy's suck is just too weak and that's really hurting my supply too. We bedshare, so she gets access to the breast aaaalllll night. ;) I know it's perfectly fine if I switch to formula because now it's more about our whole family and making sure DS is loved and cuddled, too. At least she had my milk during her preemie times when things are the most scary!

Hobbermittens
November 5th, 2012, 01:11 PM
.Anyone else have this pain too? the pressure feels like its in my butt....I'm so uncomfortable

YES! I had that! I even went to the ER because I thought I was going into labor, but it turned out to just be that the baby was "sunny side up" and his head was putting pressure on my tailbone from the position. He ended up turning at some point and the pressure and pain went away, and he wasn't born for 2 more weeks. :) I hope your baby changes position (if that is what is happening!). If you are worried, though, call your Dr.!

Hobbermittens
November 5th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Lynxie, that is so annoying! Are they sending it back out again? Have you tried that herbal supp (I am totally blanking on the name!) that is supposed to help? Fenugreek! That's it. Have you tried that? I know they make tea with that in it. Look at the health food store.

Anyway, you have done a great job nursing this long, and helping your preemie grow! Don't feel bad if it doesn't work and you have to use formula. You just do what you have to do to get Ivy's tummy full. :)

laughinglynxie
November 5th, 2012, 02:59 PM
I've had the butt/tailbone pressure!! Starting around 7 months my tailbone just ached all the time. And then she came out sunny side up so my tailbone was really the only thing that was tender after delivery, haha.

Yep, I have the Fenugreek, Blessed Thistle, homemade lactation bars with oatmeal and brewer's yeast, hospital grade pump... the whole thing. :D

fivebabies
November 5th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Oh wow ladybug! All happening so early! Let us know what your Dr says!

My back has been acting up too, but I assume its just typical after 36 weeks and a 5th pregnancy.

I had an u/s today. Turns out baby is breech, not surprised. So I will most likely be scheduling a c-section in the next day or two. They won't do it before 39 weeks so I'd better get comfy! 3 more weeks of this! But on the brightside I am really glad to know that actual date and time so I can have my kids all taken care of and not a middle of the night surprise. I like a plan!

But my blood glucose #s have been so good that she only wants me to test twice a day from now on instead of 4x. thanks goodness! I'm getting sick of it.

ladybug
November 5th, 2012, 06:01 PM
I went in and was monitored and it turns out I have a UTI.
The baby looks great!

PeonyPrincess
November 5th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Oh that's good to hear Ladybug. UTI should get better fast. What a worry that must have been for you.
Fivebabies, will you try anything to see if your baby will turn?

I saw my OB. Was only 1cm dilated but she did a stretch and sweep all the same. Not looking like this one will arrive anytime soon. I will give the acupuncture a try starting Thursday. The OB is planning to induce me on the 15th or 16th. She said she could do it the 13th but I want to wait as long as possible and that's already my brother's birthday anyway. Date taken!

fivebabies
November 5th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Nope, I tried everything under the sun with my last one to get him to turn and he didn't budge so I don't think any of it would ever work for me. I'm ok with the c/s...I dreaded it last time but I've been through it now and its not that bad. No labor pain or waiting? I'll take it! And everyone says that the 1st c/s is the hardest, so this one will be a peice of cake. My surgeon was shocked that I was running around 2 weeks post-op last time. :)

I did really want to do a VBAC but I can't stress about it now. And I really am looking at the bright side of knowing when it'll happen...Type A personality.

So glad it was just a UTI ladybug! :)

auroara78
November 6th, 2012, 10:23 AM
glad it was just a UTI ladybug....I almost "liked" your post about that, but then I realized that I didn't want you to think I like you having a UTI, lol, I was trying to like the part about the baby looking great :)

lynxie, you have tried A LOT of things it seems...wow I was going to suggest fengreuk too but you got that....I tried BF'ing with both DS1 and 2 for a few weeks, and because of my cut milk duct in my right breast, I never made enough and the boys were ravenous, this time I didn't even try (which I kind of wish I did for just a few weeks.) but because I work and my husband's a stay at home dad and we had two other kids, it was important as a family decision that Lillian be bottle fed just to make the flow of everything go better. I may attempt BF'ing again for the next (if there is one) just for even two weeks for the antibodies and protection.

Lillian's still not sleeping all the way thru the nite, but she only got up one time in the last three nites, which has made my sleepy husband much happier. They are getting along better--for a while last week when I first returned to work DH complained of her crying a lot, not liking him, or not wanting him for comfort, but now they are doing well together and I'm happy things are settling down.

My DS2 keeps saying new words, and I forgot how neat it is watching them learn to talk and put together sentences. He's still mischevious as can be, but he's settling down a little, more interested in toys now, and less trying to destroy every electronic device in the house. My DH said to me the other day: "we have a really nice little family" and it warmed my heart. I don't know why, but when I'm at work, and I know he's at home taking care of the kids there's soemthign romantic about that to me, lol...I know that may sound strange, but there's just something about coming home and finding him holding our baby girl that's just so sexy to me, lol...yeah, I know, I'm crazy.

PeonyPrincess
November 7th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Ugh, can't sleep. No labour or anything, just wide awake in the middle of the night!

fivebabies
November 7th, 2012, 01:24 PM
I did that too Peony! Got the office cleaned though. lol.

PeonyPrincess
November 7th, 2012, 06:44 PM
At least you did something productive fivebabies! I wandered around wishing I would feel tired and watched the thunderstorm off in the distance!
On a positive note though, I just had a show. I was induced before having one with the boys, so I'm happy things are progressing. I've read it is often a week until labour starts (which would be my due date). How long after a show did any of you go into labour?

laughinglynxie
November 8th, 2012, 12:18 AM
Mine was about a week this last time. Also had to go poo a lot more. ;)

auroara78
November 9th, 2012, 11:34 AM
I've been bingeing back on sweets again...

It took me only two days to finish off half a gallon of ice cream (DS1 helped some, and my husband had 1 bowl of it), and then DS1 and I made homemade cookies last week that were gone also in two days...then this week my work clothes were feeling tighter again and I worried that the progress in losing weight that I had done was going completely in the toilet...but after all that, and having some Mexican food last nite, I only gained 3 lbs. I need to get back on track, but I was worried it'd be 5++ lbs that I regained....cripes, it's so hard being strong!

I don't want to cut out treats altogether, because I feel that'd surely make me quit working out/eating better, but it's so hard to limit myself when it comes to sweets.

That's whats new for me...how is everyone else? Pinkin, how are you feeling, DS1 and Ollie? Peony, how you doing? Hobbers how is Sawyer, Mocha, how is Sadie, Lynxie, how is Ivy doing? Lillian is doing good, last nite she slept a long time, but the previous nite she had my husband up and tending to her every two hours on the dot. He wishes she would settle into a rountine, lol. She still sleeps more than I remember my boys doing at her age and I still wonder if that's the effect of her being born two weeks early?

Hobbermittens
November 9th, 2012, 11:43 AM
All you ladies on the brink of having your babies, hope all goes well! I am so excited for all of you!

Auroara, I have been eating a ton of sweets too! It is hard to eat well this time of year.

Sawyer is getting so big! I weighed him a few days ago (just on my own scale) and he was up to 11 lbs! He is so chunky! :) He is getting a lot of baby acne, though. It is yucky looking, but doesn't seem to bother him any.

fivebabies
November 9th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Oye, I hear you ladies about the sweets...well, I'm anticipating the binge after the baby comes. I looooove sweets and have had gestational diabetes this time so no sweets for me. And sugar free only goes so far. lol. I bake a LOT duringthe holidays for friends and family and have new recipes that I'm dying to try. This is going to be bad.

But I've only gained 2 and a half pounds this whole pregnancy so I'm hoping to leave the hospital lighter than I started. lol.

I'm so ready to see my baby. I'm scheduled for a c-section (baby is breech) but I'm not sure my old tired body is going to wait that long. :( I almost called my Dr yesterday after a couple hours of very regular contractions. Needless to say, I'm off to the store to get all the last minute items I need before baby comes!

Mochagirl
November 9th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Auroara - Sadie's a pretty sleepy baby too. She's also still a good night sleeper - she usually has a nurse at 10pm, wakes up once at around 3, then sleeps till after the boys wake up in the morning 7ish.

I've actually already started to diet since I gained nearly 70 lbs this pregnancy :oops:. I'm using the iphone app Loseit. And have it set up for losing 1.5 l bs per week. I added in nursing as an exercise that burns 600 calories a day to make sure I eat enough to cover that. It's working pretty well so far. I was 178lbs right before she was born, and now I'm down to 150. I feel like I'm on the LE diet again, except I'm eating healthier foods. I do allow myself cheats, though.

fivebabies
November 9th, 2012, 05:17 PM
I hear that's a great app Mocha! Sounds like you're doing awesome! :)

PeonyPrincess
November 9th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Yep I love my icecream and sweets too. I plan on being a more sensible eater after this one comes out, but when you are tired and busy it is so easy to snack. I have put on 18kg (almost 40lbs) this pg, which is the most of any of my pregnancies. I do seem to have a lot of fluid in my calves and feet now, so am looking forward to pee'ing heaps after the birth!

Had my acupuncture yesterday afternoon. Zero contractions since and only a couple of BH. Had a bit more of a 'show' last night, but that is all. Woke up at 3am in complete agony with a cramp in my left calf. I could barely walk on it when I first got up this morning. It feels bruised!

Well today in Australia is the 10/11/12 and unfortunately no sign that this baby will end up with that birthdate! 5 days maximum until I get to meet her though, so that is good. Fivebabies, sounds like your baby could be out before mine!

fivebabies
November 9th, 2012, 06:22 PM
No way, I don't think I'll be that lucky. I'm scheduled on Nov 27th for a c-section (her daddy's birthday!) You're next for sure Girly! :)

laughinglynxie
November 9th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Haha, I'm terrible about sweets, too. Although I have been being pretty good recently. My domperidone finally showed up and I know that makes me hungry, so I keep telling myself it's not REAL hunger and to really pay attention to what I eat.

Ivy is still a sweet tiny thing. :) She started to have very obvious signs of painful reflux this past week, so she is starting meds tonight. I hope that also helps the whole breastfeeding scenario, too. She's still gaining slow but steady! Even with the reflux, she's so smiley...I think she even has my dimple (my mom and I both have a dimple right on the "squishy" part of our cheeks), but it's hard to tell yet. :)

Here she is from a few days ago in an outfit that was mine when I was a wee one:

ladybug
November 9th, 2012, 10:54 PM
well i had an eventful day....I had a headache the past 2 days with some swelling in my hands and feet and numbness so I went to labor and delivery....Everything is great with me, but baby girl's heartrate was way too high....So they said if they couldnt get it down they would have to deliver......they gave me some IV fluids and finally after a bag of fluids her heart rate was normal again...I am having contractions but nothing too bad....I would like her to wait another week or 2 before she arrives....I have to go back and be monitored tomorrow again...she better behave!!!! She seems to be in a rush to get out....

Myloves
November 10th, 2012, 12:22 AM
laughing, Ivy is so cute! :awe:

PeonyPrincess
November 10th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Lynxie, she is such a sweetheart. And I love that she is wearing clothes that were yours. I remember my mum kept a couple of my baby things but I have no idea where they are now. So nice that you are getting lots of smiles. Hope the medication for both of you helps.

Ladybug, did they think you were dehydrated and that's what caused the fast heart rate? Good that your baby is happier after the extra fluids anyway. Hope she stays put for a bit longer, but at least you know she will be fine when she does arrive.

Hobbermittens
November 10th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Well today in Australia is the 10/11/12 and unfortunately no sign that this baby will end up with that birthdate! 5 days maximum until I get to meet her though, so that is good.

Darn it! I can't believe out of all of us, no one got a 10/11/12 baby! Oh well. You'll meet your little one soon!

Ladybug, sorry you are having issues. Hope your baby stays put a little longer!

Hobbermittens
November 10th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Lynxie, Ivy is adorable! Sorry about her reflux. Sawyer pukes all the time and is super gassy, so he has some sort of digestion thing going too, but it hasn't slowed his weight gain down at all. He is a total chunk:6162

PeonyPrincess
November 10th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Aww Hobber, he is lovely and chubby. Gorgeous cuddly boy.

laughinglynxie
November 10th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Ahhhh!!! I love chubby babies!! Hobber, Sawyer is so cute! My Tobin was a big dude, too. Loooved to eat. I hope Ivy will catch up soon. :)

pinkin2011
November 10th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Awww Hob he is so cute!!!! But I think Oliver may be even bigger!! Oliver is HUGE!

Hobbermittens
November 10th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Awww Hob he is so cute!!!! But I think Oliver may be even bigger!! Oliver is HUGE!

How big is he, Pinkin? I think Sawyer is about 11 lbs now.

auroara78
November 10th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Hobbers, Sawyer is bigger than Lillian! She's still about 10 lbs and still has her chicken legs!

auroara78
November 10th, 2012, 10:33 PM
tonight we made mashed potatoes and DS2 put it all over his head...like shampoo! DS2 is my mischievous boy and he totally lived up to it today!

Here is Lillian, sleeping as usual, just a few minutes ago, in her swing:

I haven't been able to capture a smile from her yet because she hasn't really given me a smile yet. I see her smile in her sleep, but apparently, she'll smile for DH a lot. Since I've been back at work, those two are really bonding and i love seeing it. Tonight he voluntarily held her without me having to ask for it a few times and I thought it was really sweet.

auroara78
November 10th, 2012, 10:35 PM
the picture of Ivy was so cute! thanks for sharing! And sawyer is soo chunky! Lillian's still my smallest baby, and it almost feels weird...because the boys were so fatty in their thighs and wrists....her cheeks have rounded out some, but she's still so tiny compared to the boys.

fivebabies
November 11th, 2012, 11:48 AM
well i had an eventful day....I had a headache the past 2 days with some swelling in my hands and feet and numbness so I went to labor and delivery....Everything is great with me, but baby girl's heartrate was way too high....So they said if they couldnt get it down they would have to deliver......they gave me some IV fluids and finally after a bag of fluids her heart rate was normal again...I am having contractions but nothing too bad....I would like her to wait another week or 2 before she arrives....I have to go back and be monitored tomorrow again...she better behave!!!! She seems to be in a rush to get out....

Oh wow! Crazy day for you! I hope her heart rate stays down for you!! let us know how your next monitoring goes. :)

Hobbermittens
November 11th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Ahhhh! Auroara! That picture of your DS with the mashed potatoes in his hair is HILARIOUS! That is totally something my DD2 would have done. ANd Lillian is cute as ever!

Hobbermittens
November 11th, 2012, 12:13 PM
HEy everyone, I am worried that Sawyer isn't making eye contact yet. Is it too early for that? You think I would remember after 3 other kids, but I don't. I am worried about him being autistic. :worry: He is only 5 1/2 weeks, so I don't know when eye contact and smiling usually happens, but he isn't doing either. :(

laughinglynxie
November 11th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Hobber, from what I know, that's still pretty early. Ivy is still working on her coordination and only holds contact for a little bit. I don't think folks even *really* worry about autism until around 2 years as babies can develop so differently. I'd ask about it if it's still an issue around 2 months.

Myloves
November 12th, 2012, 03:39 AM
Hobbermittens, I don't think it's too much of a worry :hugs:
DD didn't make any proper eye contact with me or barely even smiled until she was 8 and half weeks! I remember it because I myself was freaking out over the fact that she wasn't looking at me like the boys did.
But I worried for no reason! She's perfectly fine now, and loves smiling :o She's my happiest toddler.

Hobbermittens
November 12th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the reassurance, ladies. :heart::heart: I hope he's just fine and starts looking at me soon.

Lynxie, tell me about Ivy's reflux. Sawyer does weird stuff like choke when he is nursing, and gag sometimes, and gags sometimes when he's just sitting in his bouncy seat. He spits up after every feeding, but a few times he has actually vomited a LOT of milk, enough to soak me and the Boppy pillow and part of the couch!

Rosie85
November 12th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Hobber, that is early to worry I think. Ds1 is on the spectrum and I didn't start noticing things until around 6-8 months. I knew for sure instinctly at 12 months.

All of your babies are soo cute everyone! I like to sneak peaks in here at them!

Hobbermittens
November 12th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Hobber, that is early to worry I think. Ds1 is on the spectrum and I didn't start noticing things until around 6-8 months. I knew for sure instinctly at 12 months.

All of your babies are soo cute everyone! I like to sneak peaks in here at them!

Rosie, can I ask you what the red flags were?

laughinglynxie
November 12th, 2012, 11:45 PM
Hobber, that sounds like reflux to me. Does it seem to bother or hurt him (if it does, I would bring it up to the doc)? Ivy's didn't seem to cause her any pain until she was about 7 weeks or so but it did start with her spitting up constantly. I would hear her sputtering in her seat even an hour or so after she ate and then she would start crying after those episodes. OR she would just suddenly wake from a nap screaming but with no other apparent cause. She also has noticeably sour breath...like yucky yogurt. Another thing I think of, too, would be do you have a very strong let-down? It could be that he's getting milk super quickly and that exacerbates the condition. :) HTH!

PeonyPrincess
November 13th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Ladybug, how did your next check up go? Was the baby happier?
Almost 4am here and as usual I've been wide awake for the past hour or so.
Hobber, I would have thought it was much too early to be worrying about Sawyer having something like autism. Enjoy him! I bet he's just fine.

Mochagirl
November 13th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Hobber, I wouldn't worry about eye contact yet. Sadie only makes very brief eye contact and she's eight weeks tomorrow. I worry about her because her eyes are still crossed frequently - none of my other kids had that.

As for the reflux you're making me wonder if Sadie has that too. She spits up far more than any of my other kids, And many many times has thrown-up the entire contents of her stomach. Once she's done she always seems fine though. I had to stop giving her the vitamin D supplements because every time I gave them to her she threw up. I just got the type where you only need one drop and I'm hoping that will work better.

ladybug
November 13th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Thanks for asking Peony......it went a lot better....baby girl was well behaved :)....I am in the early stages of Pre E so I am being monitored closely....I have another OB appointment tomoorrow and an NST and BPP profile on friday....My scheduled section is suppose to be NOV 26 if I can make it that far.....

I am starting to get bouts of insomnia too....Totally sucks....I think your baby girl will soon make an appearence :)

Mochagirl
November 13th, 2012, 02:26 PM
I'm glad your appointment went well, ladybug. I can't believe how close you ladies are to meeting your babies!

auroara78
November 13th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Lillian has some spit up too, but it doesn't seem to bother her. She gets upset with gas sometimes. She is doing the funniest thing now: when she gets in her swing and sees the animal friends start moving, she opens up her mouth really wide and her eyes get huge too and then she moves her body some like she's excited to see them. She doesn't hold my gaze very long either, but she does look at DH very often now, so kind of jealous of him now.

Those two are so smitten for each other now :heart:

It makes me happy and a little jealous at the same time, lol, but still I think my little girl is going to be a daddy's girl.

DS2 is turning out to be a momma's boy, he follows me around all nite long when I'm home, and wants to held and kissed by me all the time. He's so heartbreakingly sweet and soulful with his light blue eyes and then the next minute he's trying to destroy everything again...sigh, heh.

Hobbermittens
November 13th, 2012, 04:03 PM
SO what do they do for reflux? I hate the idea of medicating a tiny baby, but I guess I will see what the doctor says. And It makes me feel a little better that many other babies aren't making a ton of eye contact. When you all say "briefly", how long would you say they look into your eyes for? 5 seconds? 10? I just wonder what I should be expecting.

Lynxie, I do have a strong let down. The right boob actually sprays! Sawyer gets really gaggy when he eats on that side. :(

Hobbermittens
November 13th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Peony, 2 more days! How exciting!

Ladybug, maybe you'll get a Thanksgiving baby!

laughinglynxie
November 13th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Oh boy, the next batch of babies is so soon!! Good luck everyone!

Hobber, Ivy will hold contact for just a few seconds, that's all. :) She prefers high contrast, of course, so I suppose my face isn't that exciting right now. With the reflux, they usually give a prescription based on weight of baby (we have liquid Zantac, and she hates the taste because it's mint, ha). For the let-down, have you ever tried laid-back position for nursing? Sometimes the gravity helps keep it from "drowning" baby. Or even pumping/hand expressing a bit before a feeding? Reflux and strong let-down are tough. I'm way opposite. I struggle with supply issues. :/

Mocha, as far as eyes crossing, both of mine still crossed their eyes for a while. I think it's normal until around 3 or 4 months!

PeonyPrincess
November 13th, 2012, 09:45 PM
That's good that she's well ladybug. Not so good about your pre E. I'm sure they'll be keeping a super close eye on you both.
Mocha, my DS2 had cross eyes for quite some time. He grew out of it of course, like almost everything that worries us about our babies!
1 more day for me. This time tomorrow I imagine I will be in the throws of labour. Fun fun.

PeonyPrincess
November 14th, 2012, 04:51 AM
Hmm, I typed a post and it didn't work. I'll keep this one quick.
Sorry to hear about the pre E Ladybug...I'm sure they'll keep a super close eye on you both.
Mocha, my DS2 was cross eyed for quite a while but grew out of it, as they do most things we worry about!
Tomorrow is my induction, so this time tomorrow I should be holding the baby. Feels surreal. I waver between excitement for it to be over and a bit of concern over what this induction will be like compared to the others. Will check in when I can.

auroara78
November 14th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Good luck Peony tomorrow...I can't wait to see a pic of your gorgeous baby! I hope the induction goes smoothly.

fivebabies
November 14th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Good luck Peony!! Can't wait to hear everyone's reaction to the GIRL news!!! :)

Mochagirl
November 14th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Wow - how exciting, peony! Can't wait to see pictures of your little girl!!! :HH:

Hobbermittens
November 14th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Peony, I hope everything is goinG (or went) well! Can't wait to hear about it and to see pictures of your baby! I bet it will be so exciting for everyone when she surprises them by coming out a girl!

auroara78
November 15th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Oh she's soo gorgeous!! we gotta hear some details...birth weight, what was DH's and your son's reactions...did you name her Sasha? Oh I'm so happy for u hun!!!!! congrats!!!!!!!!!!

PeonyPrincess
November 15th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Here she is! Sasha Michelle arrived this afternoon weighing 7lb 8oz. Her big brothers were so cute giving her cuddles when they came to visit.
When I was leaving for hospital this morning DS1 gave my tummy a kiss and whispered 'I hope you're a girl'.
She had the cord so tightly around her neck that the OB had to cut it as soon as her head was out. Then I just heard DH say 'its a girl' with a voice of disbelief when she was out.
Labour was only 3 hours but I am so relieved that I don't ever have to go through it again!
Funniest thing is we opened the note we got at 20 weeks that I held up to the light and read Baby a Girl. It actually said Probably a Girl! So if we had opened it earlier we likely would have wondered if it really was a girl!
So DH still can't believe we have a daughter and I am enjoying falling in love with my third perfect baby.

dloui128
November 15th, 2012, 08:22 AM
She's beautiful Peony, congratulations :)

Hobbermittens
November 15th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Oh my goodness!! She is adorable!! Look at all that hair!! Congrats Peony!! She looks perfect!!

fivebabies
November 15th, 2012, 10:55 AM
HUGE congrats!!! She's absolutely perfect! :)

laughinglynxie
November 15th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Sasha is beautiful!! She looks so sweet, I just want to snuggle that newborn squishiness. My ovaries are singing. Thanks for sharing. :)

Mochagirl
November 15th, 2012, 07:40 PM
What a gorgeous shot of a gorgeous baby, peony! I love how she looks like she's smiling :HH:

mydream
November 15th, 2012, 07:56 PM
She is beautiful! Big Congrats to you and your family!!!

pinkin2011
November 15th, 2012, 11:27 PM
aww peony what a little doll! you must be so proud!! Big congrats to you and your family!!!!

I am having such trouble with Oliver, He has reflux not throwing up but in pain and unsettled he is so uncomfortable when sleeping I hade no sleep last night and its a nightmare through the day! I now have a thickner I have to put in his bottle Gosh I hope this helps.. I am so tired and so down in the dumps!

Butterfly Spirit
November 16th, 2012, 07:16 AM

Peony, what a doll you have there! She's so sweet and looks so content!! :)

auroara78
November 16th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Ah Pinkin, so sorry to hear that! My DS2 had reflux to and it made him very unsettled/unhappy and it was a nightmare. Have you seen his doctor hun to try to get some medicine? the stuff really helps and I was at first reluctant to medicate a 8 week old baby but it gave him relief and then helped me be less stressed out. Big hugs hun :hugs:

Butterfly Spirit
November 16th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Aww Pinkin, I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time babe! How is the mastitis? Is it gone?

Sorry the little man is suffering, but if there's some medicine, that's good! You should get some!
I didn't know babies got reflux.. do you mean acid reflux aka heartburn!?
I knew they got gas but I guess there's something I didn't realize!

Hobbermittens
November 16th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Pinkin, I hope you can get Oliver some help so you can get some sleep! That sounds rough.

I just took Sawyer in to get checked for reflux too, but his isn't that severe. He gags and chokes a lot, though. I am wondering if it isn't reflux, but some sort of sensory disorder instead. He also doesn't like being held very much, but prefers to sit in his bouncy chair (I made a whole post about it). It is really upsetting me!

ladybug
November 16th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Congrats Peony!!!! She is beautiful!!!!

Baby Makalee also arrived....She was born Nov 14 @ 8:04am weighing 7lbs 4oz.......I went into labor on my own for the first time ever and it moved quickly....By the time I got to the hospital I was contracting every 2 min with each contraction lasting over a min....I was rushed for a c section and got there just as my uterus ruptured....It was scary for a few min but all is well with baby and me...we both came home today....I am so in love with her my heart could burst :)

Hobbermittens
November 16th, 2012, 10:08 PM
What a wonderful ending to a scary labor, Ladybug! I hope you are okay! Congrats on your baby--she is precious!

fivebabies
November 16th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Big baby for being that early!! I love her chubby cheeks! She's beautiful Gina!!! :)

PeonyPrincess
November 17th, 2012, 12:54 AM
Ladybug, how frightening. Thank goodness you are both ok. Welcome little Makalee! My phone won't let me open her picture so I'll have to look when I get home tomorrow. Were they able to repair your uterus? Did they have to do a hysterectomy? It sounds scary but you have obviously recovered really well to be sent home already.

Pinkin, no doubt you are trying to do everything on your own as well. Oliver might need to see a paediatrician to get checked properly and make sure he is given the right treatment. It sounds so tiring for you. They are hard enough work when everything is going smoothly. Hang in there and ask for help.

dloui128
November 17th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Congrats ladybug she is beautiful, I'm glad you and baby are ok.

Mochagirl
November 17th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Wow - scary, ladybug! I can't see the picture on my phone either but I'll check it out next time I'm at my computer. Congrats on your little girl!!

auroara78
November 17th, 2012, 12:27 PM
congrats ladybug!!!! she is sooo beauitful! how is your uterus doing now...is it still there?

PeonyPrincess
November 18th, 2012, 11:23 PM
I just saw Makalee's photo, she is lovely! I always think photos of newborns make them look so much bigger than they really are. Enjoy all the pink! My MIL is visiting us in 2 weeks and seems to be shopping up a storm of pink. She has 4 grandsons (2 from me and 2 from her daughter) and she thought we were all done having children so she is just a little excited!

TTC5
November 19th, 2012, 01:06 AM
Congrats Gina!!!

TTC5
November 19th, 2012, 01:07 AM
aww peony what a little doll! you must be so proud!! Big congrats to you and your family!!!!

I am having such trouble with Oliver, He has reflux not throwing up but in pain and unsettled he is so uncomfortable when sleeping I hade no sleep last night and its a nightmare through the day! I now have a thickner I have to put in his bottle Gosh I hope this helps.. I am so tired and so down in the dumps!

You can get infant gaviscon too.

TTC5
November 19th, 2012, 01:09 AM
Congrats Peony too she is a cutie!

PeonyPrincess
November 21st, 2012, 05:32 PM
Thanks TTC5. She is just wonderful. 1 week old today and I am keeping the boys home from school and having some professional photos done (of them, not me...can't face the camera just yet!)

Hobbermittens
November 22nd, 2012, 05:19 PM
Peony, you will haveto post some of those pictures when you get them back!

TTC5
November 22nd, 2012, 06:48 PM
I hate photos of myself too!

PeonyPrincess
November 22nd, 2012, 07:15 PM
Photos were exhausting! Photographer wanted Sasha asleep which is easy when she is wrapped up but as soon as you strip her off she wakes right up! Poor girl was over it by the end and has virtually slept ever since! I'm sure there are some lovely photos but it was bloody hard work. And to top the day off I hurt my back and it kept going into spasms so I could barely walk around. Great first day on my own- lol.

Mochagirl
November 22nd, 2012, 08:29 PM
Newborn photos are tough. For ours we went to the photographer's studio (luckily for us she lives 2 houses away and it is in her basement). She had a heater going full blast and a sound machine playing white noise - that, combined with a big nursing session - did the trick to keep Sadie asleep.

Mochagirl
November 23rd, 2012, 08:51 PM
Sadie had her two month checkup today. She now weighs 11 lbs. 10 oz., which puts her in the 90th percentile. My twins were always at the 50th percentile for growth and ds3 between the 50th and 75th, so this is new territory for me.

She's still such an amazing baby. Almost always happy and very cuddly. She rolled over from her tummy to her back last week, and she's already outgrown her 0-3 month clothes...this little girl is growing up too darn fast!!!

Hobbermittens
November 23rd, 2012, 10:10 PM
Peony, I bet the pictures were great! I really wanted to do newborn pictures, but couldn't find anyone to do them locally, so I did my own. I had my husband crank up the fire in the woodstove until it was super hot in here, and I got Sawyer to sleep and then took the pictures. It was a lot of work!

Mocha, Sadie is getting big! SHe sounds like a really sweet baby. :)

PeonyPrincess
November 24th, 2012, 03:14 AM
Good on you doing the photos yourself Hobber! It is just so worth capturing them when they are small. Mocha, Sadie must be wanting to keep up with her big brothers and join in the fun! Clever girl to be rolling already. I just saw a sneak peak on Facebook of my little Sasha. It is under Little Cherub photography, not sure if you can have a look at the page? Sounds like the rest of the photos will be ready for me to view tomorrow. Can't wait to see how they turned out.
And Mocha, when you have always said that Sadie feeds once at night I've thought wow, how nice to have a baby that does that. My boys were pretty hungry little things day and night. Anyway, I keep waiting for it to change, but so far since my milk came in Sasha only wakes me once at night as well! She usually has a feed around 3am after a 6 hour stretch, but last night she went from 8pm to 4am! 8 hours! I couldn't believe it, and as soon as she made a peep I grabbed her out of the bassinet and fed her as my boobs were so sore!!!

Hobbermittens
November 24th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Peony, I looked at Sasha's picture on Facebook--ADORBLE! I bet the others are stunning as well. :)

Sawyer eats every 2-3 hours during the day, but he has been sleeping for a good 6 hour stretch at night, which is amazing. I think it is because he is so big!

I have a question..... I had PP bleeding for 3 weeks after the baby was born, and then it finally tapered off, but never went away completely. I had spotting every since, some days lighter than others. Then, 2 days ago, it started back up, but the blood looks old (brownish), or pinkish. What is going on?

Mochagirl
November 24th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Peony - Sadie's sleeping for 8 hours stretches at night now too. Isn't it wonderful? None of my boys slept that well. In fact, the twins are 6 and ds3 is 3 and they STILL each wake up at least once a night wanting something from me!

Hobber - my pp bleeding was very strange too. I only bled for about 5 days then it seemed to stop completely. Then, at about 4-5 weeks it started up again quite heavily. Remember I thought it might be my period coming back? Luckily that seems not to be the case since I haven't had any more bleeding since and that was 5 weeks ago. I think pp bleeding can just be really wonky, starting and stopping.

PeonyPrincess
November 24th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Speaking of pp bleeding, I am back in hospital as I started bleeding pretty heavily at 6 o'clock this morning. Have lost over 1 litre and am waiting to see the OB. Apparently I am white like the sheets. Is a bit scary as I think I may well need a D&C. It has all been so easy up until now. I've not had this happen before.
Hobber, your bleeding sounds fine as it is not bright red fresh blood. It is normal for it to stop and start a bit for a while.

Mochagirl
November 24th, 2012, 07:47 PM
How awful, peony! I hope they get you well soon so you can go home.

PeonyPrincess
November 24th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Sure enough I needed a D&C to clean out a small piece of retained placenta. I lost over 2 litres of blood so feeling pretty crap. Will be in hospital for a couple of days as I need antibiotics to prevent an infection and likely a blood transfusion. Glad it happened today at least and not when DH was back on the mine 3 hours away. Poor guy was completely picturing raising 3 kids on his own. And as usual Sasha has been perfect throughout. I fed her before theatre and she has been asleep since.

Hobbermittens
November 24th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Peony, how scary!! I am glad you are okay. I had hemorrhaging with both my sons' deliveries, and lost a lot of blood. It is a frightening experience! I hope you recover quickly!

ladybug
November 24th, 2012, 11:53 PM
I am so glad to hear you are doing ok Peony!!! How scary!! I wish you a quick recovery!

laughinglynxie
November 25th, 2012, 12:00 AM
Eeek, how scary!! I have a friend who had the same thing happen. At least Sasha was super good for you. Picture on FB looks beautiful, btw.

Ivy is still growing slow, but she's up to 9lbs 2oz now. We had to go to a dietitian that was basically just trying to scare me. And she kept talking about Ivy "losing" weight which was driving me nuts because the only time she lost was right after she was born, duh. She's still on the charts AND that's just counting it as normal newborn, not preemie status. Ugh. Just frustrated with the docs right now. She eats fine, her output is fine, and she is meeting milestones at a normal pace. Why isn't that good enough? Everyone is pushing formula on me and I really want to succeed at breastfeeding since I had to stop at 4 months with my DS.

Hobbermittens
November 25th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Lynxie, you need to do what is right for your baby! It sounds like Ivy is doing well--she just may be a petite little girl! My DD2 is like that. At 2 1/2 years, she still fits into some 18-24 month stuff. Anyway, don't do formula if you don't want to. I bet Ivy is just fine!

Mochagirl
November 25th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Peony - glad you're ok!

Lynxie - don't let them bully you. Ivy sounds like she's doing great. Those growth charts piss me off anyway because they were created to describe the typical growth of a formula fed baby not a BF one. Ivy is a preemie and will likely be a little peanut for a while. Stay strong - you're doing an awesome job!

PeonyPrincess
November 25th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Yeah Lynxie, you know your little girl best. Just smile and nod your head to those people who like the sound of their own voices and do what works for you. It is great that Ivy is doing so well. They should be giving you a pat on the back for persisting when things have been difficult.

Mochagirl
November 25th, 2012, 12:31 PM
I was pressured A LOT to give formula to my twins. Basically after 5 days in the hospital with one twin showing latch/suck problems and another having jaundice, they wouldn't let me leave unless I gave them formula. They each got their one and only bottle there in the hospital simply so they'd sign the papers to let me leave. They sent me home with a case of free formula which I promptly donated to food bank. I pumped and syringe fed my one twin BM until he learned to latch at 6 weeks, then continued to BF both my twins for 2 years after that! YOU know what's best for your baby, Lynxie!

auroara78
November 25th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Peony, I'm so sorry to hear about your medical scare! Glad they got you all fixed up...and good thing your DH was around and not 3 hrs away...glad to hear that Sasha is doing so well, and I really love her name! We will have to become Facebook friends...send me a PM or I'll PM you....I'd love to see more pics of Sasha!!

Lynxie, I agree that you shouldn't be pressured, plus she has gained weight since she's been born, so she's definitely on the right track. She was about 4 weeks early right?

Hobbers and Mocha, speaking of bleeding, I had a period around Nov. 2nd and then again on the 14th, even while on BC pills! So annoying...I'm currently off BC pills, trying to get my cycles to regulate, and my husband knows about it, and we haven't even had time for you know what in a long while, so no worries. Thinking about getting an IUD in still, gotta call my ob/gyn about the non-hormonal one, but I think he's going to try to push the Mirena instead. I am still iffy about an IUD (mostly I don't like the idea of something being there) but I detest BC pills and I don't want any accidents, so I guess IUD it is...

though my neighbor a few doors down told me this horrifying story about her 3rd child. Her daughter was concived while the IUD was in place, and she didn't even know she was pregnant until like 20 or so weeks. When they removed the IUD, her daughter came shortly thereafter, around 22-24 weeks ( can't remember the exactly gestation) and her daughter has severe disablilities because of it. When she described her day and the feeding tube and all that....her daughter constantly being sick, I felt really grateful that all my babies are healthy and don't need that kind of assistance, but it got me spooked on the IUD.

Lillian was 11 lbs 6 oz at her two month checkup, and she is doing well, she's just got such a temper on her though, if you don't hold her the right way she wants, she gets really cranky. this just started like two weeks ago, as she's become a lot more awake.

Hobbermittens
November 27th, 2012, 12:08 AM
Auroara, Sawyer is similar. He doesn't like to be held a bunch, but he will let me hold him for a while if he is up on my shoulder. He also likes to be held if I am moving around. But if I am sitting and try to hold him in the cradle hold, he gets pissy!

That IUD story scares me! I was planning on getting one, but that makes me wary.

Mochagirl
November 27th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Lately Sadie doesn't really like to be held either unless I'm moving or she's asleep. I finally got the old baby swing out of the basement and it's been a godsend - she loves it, so when she's cranky and I'm doing something that isn't really amenable to wearing her in a sling I can set her there and she's happy as a clam.

laughinglynxie
November 27th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Ivy's the opposite. She loves to be held whenever possible. I wonder if it's because she was early. I also LOVE my swing. She'd never nap alone if it wasn't for that thing. :D

Anyone here have favorite clothing to nurse in (in public)? I'm trying to get at least a few outfits put together that don't make me feel really frumpy...haha. I'd love to get back to bringing Tobin to play places and such.

auroara78
November 27th, 2012, 02:23 PM
yeah Hobbers..the IUD story got me so paranoid I keep wondering...why did I have to hear that story unless it was meant to be that I heard it to scare me off? lol...I spend too much time every day worrying about the pros and cons of birth control...like I definitely do not want to be pregnant now or in the near future, but the idea of any risk to my future fertility or my chance to have another baby...and of course, I wouldn't want to accidentially conceive while on it and have a baby with real difficulity because of it...

sometimes I just wish I could be like any other woman and just find a BC method and stick with it instead of hemming and hawing over the decision....

Lillian had a fit yesterday when my DH was watching her and scratched her face really bad...my husband is calling her "Ms. Temper Scarface" lol, it's def. bad, I need to clip her nails, I guess.

Mochagirl
November 27th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Lynxie - for me it's all about layering. I love nursing tanks instead of nursing bras in the early days because your belly stays covered while you nurse - jist lift up your outer shirt. Honestly, I'd rather people see my boobs than my big, flabby belly :rofl:

laughinglynxie
November 27th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Mocha, I feel the same way!! Huge boob hanging out? No problem. Doughy postpartum tummy? YUCK. hahaha

I'm honestly just fine with the rest of my body. My husband likes a big butt anyway. But the tummy makes me feel soooo self conscious!

PeonyPrincess
December 9th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Mocha good on you for persisting with BF your twins for so long. You sound like Super Mum!