PDA

View Full Version : Sylk kills sperm???

mkarntz1980
March 2nd, 2011, 01:59 PM
SO i was reading that Sylk kills sperm?? If this is the case I really dont want to use it...I know most lubes arent sperm friendly, but I was reading about it and thats pretty much what its made to do. I have no idea what to do for lube.

atomic sagebrush
March 2nd, 2011, 06:36 PM
ALL lubes except Pre-Seed kill sperm. That's why they all sway pink, by lowering sperm count. Lime douche kills tons of sperm, taking antihistamines kills sperm (by drying up CM), abstaining kills sperm - a lot of what we do to sway kills sperm.

There are tens of millions of sperm in one ejaculation, you can kill some of them and still get pg.

I know babydust used Sylk and she has the most beautiful baby girl you've ever seen!

babydust
March 5th, 2011, 10:02 AM
aww, thanks atomic! Yeah, I used sylk as a lube. I've actually seen it help women to get pregnant once they've introduced sylk into their sway, and have heard claims about this, but who knows, it could very well hinder sperm. I used quite a bit of it when we dtd and got pregnant, so it can definitely be done! :)

Kendora84
September 27th, 2011, 12:02 AM
Hi I was just wondering if you put the sylk inside of you with an applicator or if you just put it on dh? Sorry I'm a newbie!

Prayn4Haven
September 28th, 2011, 09:20 PM
I want to know the answer too. Applicator or DH?

zanacal
September 29th, 2011, 07:58 AM
I think it's up to you - the instruction leaflet says to do either. If I had used it (I didn't in the end) I would have put it on DH because I thought it was more likely to get spread in all the nooks and crannies and if I tried to put some in with a fingertip I'd likely lose most of it at the entrance iykwim!

atomic sagebrush
October 1st, 2011, 02:15 PM
Hi I was just wondering if you put the sylk inside of you with an applicator or if you just put it on dh? Sorry I'm a newbie!

No, that's a great q that's never been asked! Thanks for thinking of it! We love newbies here.

I think it's best to put it on DH because you may not want to use too awfully much. Too much and you might end up killing off all the swimmers. YOu want to gently reduce the sperm numbers whilst lowering pH, yet still remain able to conceive.

Emery
October 3rd, 2011, 04:06 PM
so using sylk and rephresh is a no-no?

pinkdreams
October 3rd, 2011, 06:10 PM
I used sylk and rephresh, can't speak yet as to it's effectiveness since I am in my 2WW but I believe they are fine to use together. BTW the sylk comes out of the tube FAST so be careful ;) Good luck!

zanacal
October 4th, 2011, 12:57 PM
I think Sylk and Rephresh is a great combination!

atomic sagebrush
October 9th, 2011, 02:10 PM
so using sylk and rephresh is a no-no?

At first we thought there might be a problem using them together but we tested it and it turned out they worked just fine together.

Lisaj78
July 16th, 2012, 04:10 PM
aww, thanks atomic! Yeah, I used sylk as a lube. I've actually seen it help women to get pregnant once they've introduced sylk into their sway, and have heard claims about this, but who knows, it could very well hinder sperm. I used quite a bit of it when we dtd and got pregnant, so it can definitely be done! :)

Hi Babydust,
Just curious as to when your cut off date was for a BFP for your baby girl...
THANKS!

atomic sagebrush
July 17th, 2012, 11:38 AM
I'll message her and ask, Lisa - she hasn't been on the site for a few months.

atomic sagebrush
July 17th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Ok I just heard back from her and while she's not totally sure (her son had a fever and she was up with him so her temps were weird) it was a 2 1/2 to 3 day cutoff, she thinks. Hope this helps!