PDA

View Full Version : the seasons and swaying

atomic sagebrush
March 2nd, 2011, 02:15 PM
Update 12-31-17 Unfortunately many of the links to studies are no longer working but I read all of them and have deleted the broken links. The data is real, the studies were done, it's just that the links are not working any more.

The idea that males are more fragile than females and therefore more of them are conceived because more are lost, is at the root of much of gender swaying. 140-160 males are conceived for every 100 females, falling to 106 boys born for every 100 girls.

Scientists have known for some time that rates of conception of children of BOTH genders seem to vary by season and that this phenomenon varies depending on location. Changes in the seasonal distribution of births in Görlitz, Germany, during the period between 1657 and 1816. - PubMed - NCBI (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7016717) Previous studies have indicated that in Western Europe, October is the easiest month for conceiving, and April is the most difficult. From an evolutionary perspective, this makes sense because babies conceived in the fall months are born in summertime when the livin' is easy, whereas babies conceived in spring are born in the darkest months of winter and in the native environment were probably less likely to survive. For the good of the species, some mechanism that encourages more babies to be born when food is plentiful and they have a greater chance of survival, has apparently evolved at some point.

Dr. Angelo Cagnacci, an Italian researcher at the Policlinico of Modena (and his research team) set out to investigate this phenomenon and discovered something really amazing. In a study of over 14,000 births, in the Modena, Italy area, not only were conception rates lowest in March-May and highest from Sept.-November as previous research had indicated, but the gender ratio shifted during those periods as well.

More girls were conceived in the low-conception months of March-May, peaking in April (the ratio was 487 boys to 513 girls) More boys were conceived in the high-conception months of Sept-Nov, peaking in October. (535 boys and 465 girls). Keeping in mind that virtually everything that reduces fertility seems to sway pink and virtually everything that increases fertility seems to sway blue, it would appear that there is some sort of natural seasonal variation in fertility that also acts to sway in some fashion.

Why, then, are any boys born in the wintertime at all? Imagine if you will, a sort of continuum of fertility. All of us fall somewhere along this continuum, some of us more fertile and some of us less fertile; some get pregnant just by walking past their husand in the hallway and others have to try for many months in order to conceive and then everyone else falls somewhere in between. Highly fertile couples can probably conceive a baby boy to be born in wintertime with no problem at all, whereas less fertile couples may only be able to conceive a boy to be born in summertime (of course there are SO MANY variables at play that this would just be an overall tendency and obviously there would be MANY exceptions, this description is just meant to help envision what the real-world applications of such a mechanism might be)

Using this information in swaying is a bit tricky, because the evidence indicates that where you live on Planet Earth affects this phenomenon. For reasons that we do not yet comprehend, more girls than would be statistically expected are born at the equator, and more boys at northern latitudes. Mother Nature seems to "time" conceptions in parts of the world that experience winter, so more male babies will be born in optimal conditions. If you live around the equator, this information may not apply to you.

Anyway, according to Cagnacci, the best conditions for conceiving a baby of ANY gender (and therefore, a boy) are a day length of 12 hours and an average temperature of 12°C. Maximum conception rates take place at opposite times in regions on either side of the equator. In the Southern Hemisphere (even though this has not been studied) it is predicted that the opposite trend would be true. Fewer babies (but more girls) should be conceived in Sept-November in the Southern Hemisphere, and more babies (and more boys) in March-May.

(BTW this is NOT what is predicted by the ion theory that is part of traditional swaying lore. The ion theory claims that winter conceptions should = more boys and summer conceptions should = more girls, and that spring and fall are neutral.)

Why might this be? Babies conceived Sept - Nov. will be born in the summer months when the climate is pleasant and food abundant, and babies that are conceived March - May will be born Dec-Feb, when temps are coldest and food is scarcest. Baby boys need more calories than baby girls throughout pregnancy and after birth, and in fact throughout LIFE. http://www.bmj.com/content/326/7401/1245.full.pdf (higher caloric needs during boy pregnancy) How Many Calories Does Your Child Need? (http://www.kidsandnutrition.co.uk/how-many-calories-does-your-child-need.html) (males have higher caloric needs throughout infancy and childhood)

As an example, the estimated average requirement for baby boys for their first 6 months of life is 545-690 calories per day, whereas baby girls require less, on average 515-645 kcal per day. It is not hard to imagine that it is easier for mothers to provide more nutrition via breastfeeding, to baby boys during times when food is ample - on a personal note, I often find I cannot even produce enough breastmilk without drinking three Dr. Peppers a day (at 150 calories a pop) in addition to eating a balanced diet, so it makes a lot of sense to me on a gut level that such a mechanism might evolve over millions of years. It's not only in the first few months that those early calories matter - if a baby boy is chronically undernourished during his first few months of life, even if he survives infancy he may be at a disadvantage for the rest of his life, and therefore be less likely to survive and reproduce.

Also, there may be another strange mechanism at play. Three studies I have found Ambient temperature predicts sex ratios and male longevity (http://www.pnas.org/content/105/6/2244.short) (here is a longer version of that same study http://precedings.nature.com/documents/3915/version/1/files/npre20093915-1.pdf), http://www.springerlink.com/content/5n7u45gmlqwpc88x/ (abstract only), and http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16840640 (somehow I have the full text of this article in my files but I can only find the abstract now, sorry!) both seem to indicate that cold temperatures at time of conception and in early pregnancy seem to mean more females conceived/born and warmer temperatures, even only just one degree warmer, raised the odds that a male would be conceived/born.

(Again, this completely flies in the face of the ion theory. According to the ion theory, boys "like" cold things and girls "like" warm things.)

However, this is confuddling because of the study that found more girls were born in tropical latitudes. I ~personally~ believe that this may have more to do with other factors such as diet and cultural issues - in fact, according to one study, Africa overall had more girls than would be statistically expected, even the nations that are far from the equator such (such as South Africa - sex ratio of 102 boys for 100 girls) and some equatorial nations had exactly as many boys as would be statistically expected (Nigeria 106 boys for 100 girls). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_sex_ratio

Another princess
March 2nd, 2011, 08:50 PM
Wow Atomic, thanks for this info. I previously only knew of the ion theory, but this makes greater sense to me and the conceptions of both my son and daughter fit this theory.

TTC5
March 3rd, 2011, 01:45 AM
Going to read this tonight, thankyou Atomic!

Rosa12
March 3rd, 2011, 09:17 AM
This is really interesting! Thanks for the info.

Coccinelle33
March 6th, 2011, 12:23 AM
all of my boys were conceived under a full moon and in the spring or summer and my daughter was under a new moon and in the fall.

skrimpy
March 6th, 2011, 09:03 AM
This is very interesting Atomic! You are so incredibly dedicated to pouring through these studies and distilling them for us :D

My girls were a March and early Sept. conception... first girl was in March, and I was not well-nourishing. Based on sway theory I completely understand why I got a girl. Little more perplexed on the baby girl I'm incubating right now - a late summer conception and I *was* well nourished... but I was also losing weight and eating pretty low-carb. I think that probably swayed girl (and I also think DH really wanting a girl had something to do with it, hah!)

My boys were October and Feb conceptions - two October conceptions and two summer boys! I was extremely well-nourished with all three conceptions, getting tons of protein and moderate carbs with all. I also took boy supps for the the Feb boy. I think they all make sense from a swaying perspective.

In light of the study above, my Feb boy is a little odd, but like I said I was super-well nourished and taking boy supps. I am also a fertile gal :p He was born at the end of Oct, too - just after the height of the fall harvest in Northern MI, and at the beginning of the slaughter season for local beef/bison... so it's a good time to be born here :p

I am going back to my proven boy diet from here out, but I think when we conceive will be when I get fertile again nursing this upcoming babe... DH doesn't want to do any "planning" this time around since I was rather childish about having my careful TTC plans ruined LOL.

atomic sagebrush
March 6th, 2011, 10:24 AM
all of my boys were conceived under a full moon and in the spring or summer and my daughter was under a new moon and in the fall.

Yes, I have two December boys myself. The numbers indicate that it is still very possible to conceive boys and girls regardless of season..."More girls were conceived in the low-conception months of March-May, peaking in April (the ratio was 487 boys to 513 girls) More boys were conceived in the high-conception months of Sept-Nov, peaking in October. (535 boys and 465 girls)." but the overall trend is interesting.

atomic sagebrush
March 6th, 2011, 10:44 AM
This is very interesting Atomic! You are so incredibly dedicated to pouring through these studies and distilling them for us :D

My girls were a March and early Sept. conception... first girl was in March, and I was not well-nourishing. Based on sway theory I completely understand why I got a girl. Little more perplexed on the baby girl I'm incubating right now - a late summer conception and I *was* well nourished... but I was also losing weight and eating pretty low-carb. I think that probably swayed girl (and I also think DH really wanting a girl had something to do with it, hah!)

My boys were October and Feb conceptions - two October conceptions and two summer boys! I was extremely well-nourished with all three conceptions, getting tons of protein and moderate carbs with all. I also took boy supps for the the Feb boy. I think they all make sense from a swaying perspective.

In light of the study above, my Feb boy is a little odd, but like I said I was super-well nourished and taking boy supps. I am also a fertile gal :p He was born at the end of Oct, too - just after the height of the fall harvest in Northern MI, and at the beginning of the slaughter season for local beef/bison... so it's a good time to be born here :p

I am going back to my proven boy diet from here out, but I think when we conceive will be when I get fertile again nursing this upcoming babe... DH doesn't want to do any "planning" this time around since I was rather childish about having my careful TTC plans ruined LOL.

My first and third boys I was eating really boy friendly, doing moderate exercise, and gaining weight, and so it makes total sense to me that they are boys, even though my first son is a December baby and my third is a March baby and are therefore exceptions to the "rule".

My second son I have never quite understood why he was a boy. I had the least stress, I had lost weight recently (even though I was holding steady at one weight when I conceived him) and I was eating a girl friendly diet. But he was born in May, my only non-winter baby so this theory helps me to understand why my body might have thought a boy was a better bet at that point. I was also doing moderate exercise.

I still have no explanation for my "failed sway" baby (born in December). Yes, I did get pg in the month I was on a swaying break but still I wasn't eating that differently than I had been, the seasons were with me, I had recently lost like 20 lbs, taking tons of calcium/magnesium and vitex and my pH was 4.5...the one thing I was really doing "wrong" was getting into tons of arguments on IG. I think that may be enough to ruin a sway!

ETA - there were a TON of baby girls born in my December birth group with DS 4. Even the girls who didn't sway.

babydust
March 6th, 2011, 11:01 AM
This is very interesting and I was really intriqued with it while planning for my sway. I think it kind of conflicts with the ion theory but at the same time, can make it works for us. The best time to conceive a girl (IMPO) is in the springtime starting from March 21st through May... (but even ttc'ing end of Feb. isn't "that" bad, in my opinion...I remember a study I read saying that Feb. and March were good girl conception months). According to the ion theory, March-May would slightly sway for girl, and according to the italian theory it would highly sway for girl. Most women increase - ions like crazy anyway (not that hard to do, just takes some planning). So combine with with ttc'ing from March-May, I think you get the best of both worlds and makes a fabulous girl sway. And if it is taking you a bit longer to ttc it's ok, because the summer time sways for a girl anyway, so it's not like it's going to hurt your sway. Just my two cents! ;)

atomic sagebrush
March 6th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Yes, if you believe in ions then by all means, increase your supply of negative ions. But don't rely on the seasons or temperature to do it for you!!

FWIW I am not convinced that summer sways pink. I suspect that there is a wax and wane cycle where girl conceptions peak in April and then gradually decline while boy conceptions gradually increase to peak in October and then vice versa (and this may only be true for the parts of the world that have similar day lenghts to Italy, where this study was done). So TTC in August if you want a girl may not be what you would want to do, you may decide that you will pull out all the stops in June instead in order to be closer to the "girl peak" and further from the "boy peak" if that makes any sense.

babydust
March 6th, 2011, 11:40 AM
yeah, you know what, that makes even more sense to me. Especially since my Ds was conceived end of Oct. and my Dd was conceived end of Feb. I was way closer to the boy peak of Oct. with my Ds and way closer to the girl peak with my Dd. Makes sense to me! :)

ELP
March 6th, 2011, 12:29 PM
I've conceived my boys in Sep, Dec and June and the girls in April, 2xJuly and Oct. Do these fit the commen pattern? The 1 of July's and Oct girls were straight after m/c which I think may have helped influence things.

atomic sagebrush
March 6th, 2011, 12:43 PM
8LP, some do and some don't, which seems to be the general theme here! Your girl conceived in April and your boy conceived in Sept. fits the pattern. The boy in Dec. and girl in Oct. go against the pattern (but I have two Dec. boys myself!) and then the June and July conceptions are sort of in the middle.

purplepoet20
March 21st, 2011, 07:03 PM
Hoping doing the opposite works for me...
Boy 1 was conceived in late May, in Mesa, in a swimming pool, and the moon was a very clear full moon. Mostly ate steak, salsa, pasta, pizza, hotdog, and junk at resturants several days a week. During Pregnancy I did drink 1/2 a gallon of milk a day, couldn't eat meat or spicy, and had morning sickness for 9mths. Everyone told me it was a girl.

Boy 2 was conceived Mothers Day weekend, in Las Vegas, on a very warm day, and in a very warm bedroom. I just avoid things that made me sick in the first pregnancy but couldn't stand any dairy... someone said if the preg is different then the first then it has to be a girl.

Thing 3 going for a girl... new moon, biocharts, herbs, vitamins, food, and all girl sway. Starting in Late June!!!

atomic sagebrush
March 22nd, 2011, 02:46 PM
Those old wives tales are KILLERS! I have had tons of people tell me "this has to be a girl because x,y,z" and I have rolled blue 4 times now!

I really think that diet above all else sways hardest. Everything else is fun to discuss but diet is what really counts!

Thank you for sharing your experiences and WELCOME!!!

TulleExplosion
March 27th, 2011, 07:12 PM
So when do you think would be best ttc a boy in Southern California? I have conceived all girls, one in January and two in November. I know why for the November girls, there were other factors working against me, but if I am ovulating naturally (please god!!!) when would be the best time?

atomic sagebrush
March 28th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Sept. and Oct. would be best, but since you're in Southern California and closer to the equator, this factor may not sway as "hard" for you as it does for someone who lives where there are distinct seasons.

queen-of-harts
April 6th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Interesting! My boys were concieved in July,Sept,July,febuary,may,sept. so what would be a good time to ttc girl in upstate NY?

Tulips
April 6th, 2011, 04:43 PM
How does this work in the Southern Hemisphere? I have heard Tamara say somewhere that the ion theory isn't as valid in the Southern Hemisphere but she never came back to follow up what she meant.

My boys were conceived in Feb (late summer) and May (autumn) this baby was also concieved in Feb.

atomic sagebrush
April 7th, 2011, 08:01 AM
How does this work in the Southern Hemisphere? I have heard Tamara say somewhere that the ion theory isn't as valid in the Southern Hemisphere but she never came back to follow up what she meant.

My boys were conceived in Feb (late summer) and May (autumn) this baby was also concieved in Feb.

In the Southern Hemisphere (as long as you are well away from the Equator and having seasons) it should work just the opposite. A peak for girls in Sept-October, a peak for boys in Mar-April.

I don't quite get why Tamara says the ions don't work in the Southern Hemisphere. I think they just didn't figure out how they work. Maybe since she doesn't know for certain, she doesn't want to make a guess. There is nothing different about the Southern Hemisphere other than the seasons!!

atomic sagebrush
April 7th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Interesting! My boys were concieved in July,Sept,July,febuary,may,sept. so what would be a good time to ttc girl in upstate NY?

I think March and April are best for pink in the North.

swish
April 14th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Firstly, thank you for the fab info. This makes sense to me but has thrown me into confusion. It fits for both of my boys conceived in November and August. I was planning to ttc in July so will be in boy territory again. Should this worry me too much as I can't really wait until next March! It also works for alot of people I can think of.

atomic sagebrush
April 15th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Firstly, thank you for the fab info. This makes sense to me but has thrown me into confusion. It fits for both of my boys conceived in November and August. I was planning to ttc in July so will be in boy territory again. Should this worry me too much as I can't really wait until next March! It also works for alot of people I can think of.

No, don't worry about it. There are PLENTY of opposites conceived at all diff. times of year. (says the woman who has 2 boys conceived in March!!) With swaying, in all things, you just gotta do what is right for you and your family first and foremost and leave the rest of it in God's hands because there are always going to be things you cannot control - for instance, if you did wait and try in, let's say, Dec or Jan, then you'd have holiday stress and eating to contend with. There is never a perfect time to sway so all you can do is pick the best month and give it the old college try.

Flava
April 15th, 2011, 11:06 AM
In the Southern Hemisphere (as long as you are well away from the Equator and having seasons) it should work just the opposite. A peak for girls in Sept-October, a peak for boys in Mar-April.

I don't quite get why Tamara says the ions don't work in the Southern Hemisphere. I think they just didn't figure out how they work. Maybe since she doesn't know for certain, she doesn't want to make a guess. There is nothing different about the Southern Hemisphere other than the seasons!!

Im in florida it's southern Hemisphere right? It's war here in Oct-Nov -Dec. so it's not a good month for me?
And don't even start on tamara ...:sigh:

begonia
April 15th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Florida is still Northern Hemisphere Flava; the equator is the dividing line, so you should follow the directions for N. Hemisphere boy conceptions.

Flava
April 15th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Florida is still Northern Hemisphere Flava; the equator is the dividing line, so you should follow the directions for N. Hemisphere boy conceptions.

thanks begonia only think is I have no clue about it...so don't know what to follow here?:oops:
also I read it somewhere that florida is in northern and in southern too depend where you live. Is that true? Because then I still don't know :think:

atomic sagebrush
April 15th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Im in florida it's southern Hemisphere right? It's war here in Oct-Nov -Dec. so it's not a good month for me?
And don't even start on tamara ...:sigh:

No, it's still the northern Hemisphere but it applies less to you because you don't have the 4 seasons. For whatever reason the closer you get to the equator, the more baby girls seem to be born (but still more boys are born than girls!!)

Do you rem. Mrs. Weasley from IG?? She is from Fla and has 4 boys so I know you can do it too Flava!!! Plus I am sending you so much blue dust every day, you can't miss LOL.

swish
April 15th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Thank you again atomic! You are really reassuring and I love your attitude, all helps to the no stress swaying!:happy:

Flava
April 16th, 2011, 10:39 AM
lol tnx ! I guess I need that blue dust every day:bigsmile:

iluvmyman
May 3rd, 2011, 06:47 PM
"some get pregnant just by walking past their husband in the hallway"

Now Atomic, that was funny I literally LOL when I read this quote.

queen-of-harts
May 3rd, 2011, 09:25 PM
All my blue dust is free for the taking...help yourselves ;)

lightofmylife
May 4th, 2011, 12:54 PM
thanks atomic, it's really intresting, i live in new jersey .... would OCT be good for boy ?? and yess my both daughter were concieved in March.

atomic sagebrush
May 6th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Yes, light, Oct. would be PERFECT for blue. You might want to begin trying in Sept. so you have a good 3 months (sept-oct-nov) in the "boy zone".

I have two boys conceived in March so there are def. opposites BUT I figure, it's something that seems proven to help and it's easy enough to incorporate into a sway. Good luck!!

purplepoet20
May 6th, 2011, 03:00 PM
My boys were conceived in May/June time frame... But now I know it was because BBQ season started around April when we give up soup and eat steak :)

atomic sagebrush
May 6th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Totally! Keep in mind that this is just one factor of many and in the studies that were done, there were still hundreds of opposites!!!

Princess of Pink
August 1st, 2011, 05:54 AM
My girls were born in Nov, Dec, Feb, April & May. I really want my next baby to be born June- Oct...preferably August. I wonder if having a baby born away from the months of my girls would influence it to be a different gender? I was just wanting a Leo baby like me lol.

atomic sagebrush
August 1st, 2011, 11:04 AM
Not necessarily, but spring/summer babies are slightly more likely to be boys anyway at least according to that study.

XXdreaming
August 1st, 2011, 11:22 AM
I am from southeast tx and my boys were conceived 2 in feb, march, april, they were born 2 of them in oct, nov, dec, we are start ttcing in aug probably conception date first of sept, I believe it will make it end of may baby, so maybe that's what I need for a girl lol since it will be born in summer and my boys were born in autumn and winter, I am one that conceives just walking by my husband lmao but since I will be screwing with my hormones next month I am not planning for a bfp so soon but hope so because I am ready to get it over with lol

jude17
August 2nd, 2011, 09:12 PM
I have 2 boys conceived in May and July. I am in the southern hemisphere so this is our winter and from what I understand sways boy. My new boy turns 1 in February so as we are getting older I would like to start ttc around this time. But I think for me Sept/ Oct/Nov are the better months for ttc a girl but I really don't think I will have my sway started in time as I am still BF so don't have my period yet and to be honest I am so tired from having a new baby that the thought of starting my sway at this time is just to hard for me.

I think ideally I should wait until Sept/Oct/Nov of 2012 but its so far away. So my question is do I start ttc early next year running into our winter again when I conceived my boys or do people think it would be much better to wait until spring/summer 2012 to try and conceive at a different time of year to my boys?

My sister just had a girl who was conceived at exactly the same time as her twin boys so maybe it really doesn't matter? There is no much to think about with this sway business and I try to think that seasons won't matter but as I have 2 boys conceived in winter it worries me to conceive in winter again. It just unfortunate that when I will be ready to ttc again its going to be winter. What a pain as I don't really want to wait for over a year to ttc our last baby.

Belle
August 2nd, 2011, 10:02 PM
I am also from the southern hemisphere and both my children were conceived nov and feb which is my spring and summer. I don't really believe in the seasons for swaying I am also trying toward the end of the month inwinter. I'm just doing the opposite of what I did before.

jude17
August 2nd, 2011, 11:22 PM
I am also from the southern hemisphere and both my children were conceived nov and feb which is my spring and summer. I don't really believe in the seasons for swaying I am also trying toward the end of the month inwinter. I'm just doing the opposite of what I did before.

Yes, not sure I really think it makes that much difference i.e. the seasons. But I guess I would like to conceive away from winter to see if we can get a girl so may be I will just avoid May to July.

atomic sagebrush
August 5th, 2011, 12:00 PM
I am from southeast tx and my boys were conceived 2 in feb, march, april, they were born 2 of them in oct, nov, dec, we are start ttcing in aug probably conception date first of sept, I believe it will make it end of may baby, so maybe that's what I need for a girl lol since it will be born in summer and my boys were born in autumn and winter, I am one that conceives just walking by my husband lmao but since I will be screwing with my hormones next month I am not planning for a bfp so soon but hope so because I am ready to get it over with lol

Well, the interesting thing is that the closer you get to the equator, more girls are conceived!!! The seasons are less important if you live nearer the equator.

atomic sagebrush
August 5th, 2011, 12:16 PM
I have 2 boys conceived in May and July. I am in the southern hemisphere so this is our winter and from what I understand sways boy. My new boy turns 1 in February so as we are getting older I would like to start ttc around this time. But I think for me Sept/ Oct/Nov are the better months for ttc a girl but I really don't think I will have my sway started in time as I am still BF so don't have my period yet and to be honest I am so tired from having a new baby that the thought of starting my sway at this time is just to hard for me.

I think ideally I should wait until Sept/Oct/Nov of 2012 but its so far away. So my question is do I start ttc early next year running into our winter again when I conceived my boys or do people think it would be much better to wait until spring/summer 2012 to try and conceive at a different time of year to my boys?

My sister just had a girl who was conceived at exactly the same time as her twin boys so maybe it really doesn't matter? There is no much to think about with this sway business and I try to think that seasons won't matter but as I have 2 boys conceived in winter it worries me to conceive in winter again. It just unfortunate that when I will be ready to ttc again its going to be winter. What a pain as I don't really want to wait for over a year to ttc our last baby.

I think it's MUCH better to TTC with what the data indicates and what also seems to make sense...that baby boys have better odds of survival when they are born in late spring/early summer and so something in your body responds to environmental cues and makes you more likely to TTC a boy in Sept/Nov in the Northern Hemisphere, Mar-May in the southern. Your body has no clue when you TTC your last kids, but it does have a clue how long the days are and whether the temperature outside is warm or cold and how much Vit. D it's been making from sunshine. THAT'S what it responds to and that is what is doing the swaying, not some mystical property of one month over another, but what is going on inside your body and what gives your baby the best shot at surviving.

That "do the opposite" idea gets bandied about a lot on swaying sites. But the problem is that doing the opposite on some of these things is only going to make you MORE boy friendly than you were to start with. If you were so boy friendly that you conceived a boy in a "girl" time of year in the first place, conceiving again in a "boy" time of year isn't going to cure that at all, it's only going to make it harder for swaying to overcome that setting. It's all about maximizing your odds, not doing the opposite. It is highly unlikely that your personal body just happens to work opposite to everyone elses, KWIM??

I have TWO boys conceived in March and I would STILL conceive in March-May again if I wanted a girl.

atomic sagebrush
August 5th, 2011, 12:27 PM
PS - I just wanted to let you guys know that it almost gave me physical pain to accept that the seasons really might have a role to play in swaying. I didn't want to believe it and argued against it at first, but the data really does seem to be supported by science and even more importantly, makes SENSE from an evolutionary perspective.

crystal-light
August 6th, 2011, 12:52 AM
I have 2 boys conceived in late July/early August therefore I would skip that month only b/c I don't want another child with an April birthday :)

atomic sagebrush
August 6th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Totally!

PS (hi Crystal!!!) :heart: :heart: :heart:

Princess of Pink
August 6th, 2011, 05:15 PM
My girls are all born in spring, summer and autumn. I don't have a winter baby.

babydust
August 15th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Just wanted to say again how awesome I find this post. It rings so true for me. Conceived my ds very end of oct and conceived my dd very end of Feb. So next time will try for a girl in march or April and hopefully if I get a chance to, I will eventually sway for another boy in oct.

I also agree about the not doing the opposite of what u have done in the past in this case. You will just be making urself even more boy friendly. In my opinion. Great advice atomic!!!

atomic sagebrush
August 19th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Thank you Babydust!!! Hey, since we were in the same DD group, you can def. back me up on the fact that most of the swayers did indeed conceive baby girls (even those who wanted boys!!)

angiesscripts
August 20th, 2011, 05:31 PM
How important do you guys think the seasons have to do with swaying? I was planning on TTC for a girl starting in November which is boy time. I can push it back a couple more months if you think it would make a big difference. I just wanted the spacing closer together with my son, and I'm also afraid it may take me a long time to get pregnant. Thanks for any advice. :)

atomic sagebrush
August 21st, 2011, 03:37 PM
I think that if you're swaying, it matters less than it would otherwise because you're doing so much more to counteract whatever boost in fertility/boy friendliness that the seasons seem to trigger.

You make a great point about it potentially taking months to conceive...I totally think you need to do what is right for you and your family first because you never know, you may not even get pg that first month or even first few months.

That having been said, for those who have a lot of leeway in deciding when to try, it makes some sense to go with the seasons but there are certainly TONS of opposites (I have TWO.)

dannikins
September 16th, 2011, 11:12 PM
my 4 boys were conceived december, november, march and december, that dosent fit at all does it?

TTC5
September 17th, 2011, 06:16 AM
I have four girls, 2 born in late summer and 2 in Autumn. Hoping for a spring/early summer next :)

atomic sagebrush
September 17th, 2011, 11:56 AM
my 4 boys were conceived december, november, march and december, that dosent fit at all does it?

If you read the articles that are linked in the essay, there are still plenty of opposites conceived even in the peak months (as I know all too well having two myself!!)

PS - actually it DOES fit for you Dannikins, because you are in the Southern Hemisphere, correct?? So your March-conceived son would be right in the peak period of boy conceptions for the Southern Hemisphere of Mar-May. The conceptions in Dec would be in a more neutral time. Only the Nov. conception is truly an opposite.

PeonyPrincess
September 25th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Oh good, I am living near the equator at the moment (good for girls)! My boys were conceived in May and April, when I was further from the equator, and in the Southern Hemisphere. Both born in summer. Very interesting.

carmella_marie
September 26th, 2011, 07:06 PM
so many sites had me so concerned about TTC in Nov-February, saying I should wait until Spring. I live in LA and it's warm and sunny all the time, so I wonder if my body still thinks in terms of survival or not....

atomic sagebrush
September 30th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Hi carmella,

There were still PLENTY of opposites born even in the peak months. It's just that since we're trying to optimize our odds, some people might want to TTC in those months as opposed to other months. But no one HAS to do that to get their DG. I am living prooof you can conceive opposites becasue I have two.

I agree, if you live in LA, it's unlikely it makes much of a difference anyway. Other factors are more important for you, like diet, lifestyle, etc.

Demeter
October 1st, 2011, 07:44 PM
My girls were conceived in September, January and May. However, I was low on calories for all three and probably low on nutrients. Unfortunately, we are not yet agreed on trying for the 4th, but we are trying to build up our bodies in case we decide to go ahead with it. I've been on the diet for about 3 weeks, but think I may need a few months to really build up some muscle, although I'm doing quite well at putting on the pounds :-). I'm also concerned that dh may need longer than 6 weeks to build up his sperm quality. So then the earliest we would be ready physically to ttc boy would be December. With the last two I didn't get pg quickly and think the earliest I would get pg would be spring and then it may throw off the whole boy sway. But, I also don't want to wait a whole year, because I'm 36 with a history of difficulty getting pg. I want my boy...what to do? what to do?

atomic sagebrush
October 2nd, 2011, 08:38 AM
Demeter, sperm quality actually can increase fairly quickly. I think that 6-8 weeks is ample time to allow sperm quality to improve. You're right about building some muscle tho and I do think 3 months will be plenty of time for that.

You already ahve one opposite (girl in sept.) and so I don't think it's unreasonable at all to hope that you can conceive another (boy conceived in girl peak). Plenty of opposites are conceived in the peak months!!

Or, you can just go ahead and TTC this month and November and feel good in the knowledge that you have the months on your side, and then by the time Dec. rolls around, you will have added muscle and DH's sperm will be in a good zone - but I can understand not wanting to do that if you're still on the fence about TTC.

Good luck!!

chocolate
November 12th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Does anyone know if those SAD light things would work to trick the body into thinking its summer not winter? Im swaying in early December, in the UK so winter, but for a girl. If I got a SAD lamp and used that evenings, would this help decrease the boy chance because of swaying in Dec?

zanacal
November 13th, 2011, 03:36 AM
That's a good idea chocolate, I don't know the answer though! I have a friend who uses a lamp and she conceived a little girl the same time as I conceived DS3 in January. She did have other girlie things going on too though!

chocolate
November 13th, 2011, 05:44 AM
I guess its worth a go, will try to find the reason for how they work to beat winter blues and see if that links to swaying pink

atomic sagebrush
November 13th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Does anyone know if those SAD light things would work to trick the body into thinking its summer not winter? Im swaying in early December, in the UK so winter, but for a girl. If I got a SAD lamp and used that evenings, would this help decrease the boy chance because of swaying in Dec?

Swaying in December doesn't have super high boy odds. I would feel fine about TTC in December.

The science does NOT support the ions theory. I would be concerned that since we are nearing the girl peak in April, that by using the SAD light you could actually interfere in nature helping you out...if your body notices the shorter day lengths and then that is what sways somehow, if your body starts thinking that the days are longer, it might "trick" your body into thinking it's October, which IS more boy friendly than Jan, Feb, etc.

Irishmom
February 22nd, 2012, 09:15 AM
Hello ladies. I have just came across this forum. I have 3 sons conceived in late July, late December, march. I live in Ireland so I'm not sure what way it would work for me? What months would be good months for me ttc a girl? Thanks.

atomic sagebrush
February 22nd, 2012, 10:10 AM
Hi Irishmom and welcome! :)

The girl peak months for those of us who live in the Northern Hemisphere are March, April, and May. It's best to avoid Sept., Oct, and Nov. if you can as these are the boy peak months. As you can see, even in the girl peak, there are plenty of opposites conceived (I have two sons conceived in March myself), and first and foremost you have to do what's right for you and your family, it's just that overall there is a pretty significant statistical variation that cannot be explained away by chance. Since swaying is all about optimizing the odds, it's nice to have the seasons on our side if we can!

Irishmom
February 22nd, 2012, 10:32 AM
Thanks for your reply atom. I've only started the diet and vitamins this week so do you think it would be too early to ttc in April?I'm reading up on everything at the minute before going for pink so this is interesting reading. I've been reading and watching another gender site for a few years but only
Found this site today. I have to say I much prefer it. I'm sure I will have loads of questions after I read all the topics so sorry if I annoy you all lol. Good luck everyone. It's a breath of fresh air to be able to discuss it without being
Judged.

atomic sagebrush
February 22nd, 2012, 11:26 AM
No, I think April would be perfect!!! :)

I'm glad you like the site - there are many of us on here who are refu-IG's ;) I was actually swaying forum leader on there a few years ago but was thrilled to get the opportunity to create more of a laid back environment here (hope so anyway)

Please ask any/all q's you have - we will link you to the answer and fill in any gaps!

Mum23boys
July 4th, 2012, 02:12 PM
This is fun I dont know if its true or not but my boys were conceived 2 in Oct 1 in dec/jan - does this follow the pattern ? If so being in the Uk what would my peak months be ?
Thank u yet again for answering yet another one of my silly questions :-0

atomic sagebrush
July 6th, 2012, 12:07 PM
UK is Northern Hemi so the boy peak is Sept.-Nov, girl peak is Mar-May. But understand, that the peaks are not like a light switch, they're very gentle rises and falls in the ratio of boys to girls conceived. So it's probable that Aug and Dec may be more boy friendly, just not AS boy friendly, and Feb and June may be more girl friendly, just not AS girl friendly, as the peak months are. We don't know for sure without more data.

Plus, it's totally possible to conceive a girl in boy peak and vice versa. I have two boys conceived in Mar and then my girl I conceived in Nov!! It's not a magic bullet, just a little thing that may help and can't hurt.

Mrs_P
July 13th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Hi Atomic really struggling to get my head around the swaying thing and really want to give it my all if we can't do HT. I'm in the UK and three boys conceived in April, Aug/Sept (very early sept i think) and nov/dec (i o'd right at start of dec). What months are best for me - do i need to wait until next year to get my girl? was planning to ttc in oct (either ht or natural) but maybe thats not right for us if its key boy time.... am really confused maybe this stuff does not work for me as i have boys at odd times throughout the year anyway

Tiffani3
July 14th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Is it me or do you think this theory comes down to diet again though?
As naturally I tend to lose weight in spring ready for summer also eat very light meals salads etc, and sept-November I tend to start to put on a little weight changing my diet to more winter foods? Also ladies close to the equator who don't really have seasonal changes probably naturally won't really change there foods much through out the year hence the theory that they have more girls? (always eating spring/summer foods)
This is what I'm really hoping though as I want to ttc August!!!!!
I also conceived ds2 late August early September (but also was totally obsessed with 3.8% milk and crunchy nut cornflakes at the time when I conceived him lol) I conceived ds1 in October and ds3 in January all months where I defiantly wasn't dieting at all actually typical skinny boy mum to think I need to put on weight and eat very nutritious foods to conceive! Hence having three boys!! Lol
Does any one agree?

BeadinMom
July 14th, 2012, 08:50 AM
It definitely makes sense!

Another princess
July 14th, 2012, 09:31 AM
I agree too! I have thought the exact same. My son was conceived at Xmas time = eating lots of rich foods and daughter was conceived in spring when I was being careful of what I ate in preparation for a holiday ( was ttc a girl with other sway methods I.e timing, douche, supps too). I too am ttc in august for a girl and hope that by doing the LE diet I will b
Mimicking spring time. GL

atomic sagebrush
July 14th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Hi Atomic really struggling to get my head around the swaying thing and really want to give it my all if we can't do HT. I'm in the UK and three boys conceived in April, Aug/Sept (very early sept i think) and nov/dec (i o'd right at start of dec). What months are best for me - do i need to wait until next year to get my girl? was planning to ttc in oct (either ht or natural) but maybe thats not right for us if its key boy time.... am really confused maybe this stuff does not work for me as i have boys at odd times throughout the year anyway

Please understand that this is a pretty small variation, there are still tons of babies of both genders conceived throughout the year. I have two boys conceived in girl months and my only girl was conceived in a boy month.

You do NOT need to wait to TTC until next year. It's just a little curiosity that may help in some way. If you feel good about your sway, TTC when it's right for YOU and your family. The info is interesting and so we keep it in mind, but no one should feel locked into TTC only in a few months out of the year based on this.

Mochagirl
July 14th, 2012, 02:42 PM
My boys were all conceived in September and DD was conceived in late December. I think diet can easily override season as a gender influence.

elle82
July 14th, 2012, 02:48 PM
I was wondering about this the other day and thinking there's no way I can wait until it's "a girl season" to ttc, lol!!! 3 of my ds were conceived in June, 1 DS conceived in Jan/early Feb and my only DD conceived in March. I def think diet and lifestyle are more important swaying factors than season. Good luck with your sway :)

atomic sagebrush
July 14th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Is it me or do you think this theory comes down to diet again though?
As naturally I tend to lose weight in spring ready for summer also eat very light meals salads etc, and sept-November I tend to start to put on a little weight changing my diet to more winter foods? Also ladies close to the equator who don't really have seasonal changes probably naturally won't really change there foods much through out the year hence the theory that they have more girls? (always eating spring/summer foods)
This is what I'm really hoping though as I want to ttc August!!!!!
I also conceived ds2 late August early September (but also was totally obsessed with 3.8% milk and crunchy nut cornflakes at the time when I conceived him lol) I conceived ds1 in October and ds3 in January all months where I defiantly wasn't dieting at all actually typical skinny boy mum to think I need to put on weight and eat very nutritious foods to conceive! Hence having three boys!! Lol
Does any one agree?

It does make sense and when I first heard of this study that is what I thought as well, but then when I looked into it a little bit more, it sounds as if they corrected for that (the same people also did a study where they looked at body mass and the seasons) and then some other evidence from other sources, seemed to show some seasonality affects on fertility as a whole.

atomic sagebrush
July 14th, 2012, 03:12 PM
I was wondering about this the other day and thinking there's no way I can wait until it's "a girl season" to ttc, lol!!! 3 of my ds were conceived in June, 1 DS conceived in Jan/early Feb and my only DD conceived in March. I def think diet and lifestyle are more important swaying factors than season. Good luck with your sway :)

i agree, I think diet and lifestyle are a gazillion times more important then seasons, but if you can have them working for you, it's best to have the info available.

Mum23boys
July 23rd, 2012, 04:21 PM
Hate that I just remembered this - There is no way I can wait until feb to think about concieving just to get our little girl :-(

Elements
July 27th, 2012, 12:23 AM
I found this quite interesting.
My eldest Daughter was conceived in August, my youngest Daughter was conceived in March.

Do you know what the conception moths would be for a boy In the southern hemispere? Like deep southern hemispere, like southern New Zealand south lol.

atomic sagebrush
July 27th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Southern hemisphere is just reversed, so boy peak is in Mar-May and girl peak is in Sept-Nov. :)

the further you are from the equator, the more this phenomenon may affect you!!

weeziewoozles
July 27th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Hmmm. Lots to think about. I'd been thinking more of when I'd like to have the next baby (in terms of DS1 starting school etc). Probably should dump those plans and think more about the month of TTC a girl!

atomic sagebrush
July 27th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Well, first and foremost I'd always put my family's needs ahead of the month - it's no magic bullet, just a statistical variation that seems to help somehow. Plenty of opposites are born in both girl and boy peaks. (I have 2 boys conceived in girl peak, and my girl is in the boy peak!)

Becca_Anne
September 13th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Interesting! 3 of my sons were concieved in Feb, one son concieved in late Aug, and my only daughter was concieved the first week of September. So I guess this isn't such a major factor for me. I am hoping if we do decide to TTC to start in spring aiming for a late winter-early spring baby. Maybe I should start in March instead of May like I was thinking to take advantage of the slight increase in odds.

6bluewant1pink
September 13th, 2012, 07:41 PM
I have 6 boys and they were conceived in February,April,May,July,October,December. So seasons don't matter to my body it just attracts to the blue :bluesperm: .

atomic sagebrush
September 19th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Please understand, it's something that very well may affect all of us, it's just that some of us have so many other factors swaying one direction that the effect of the seasons is neutralized. I have two boys in girl peak months, and my girl in boy peak months, so many exceptions. It's just that overall there seems to be SOMETHING swaying for people who conceive in those months for reasons that we cannot explain.

If you have the choice of TTC in the peak months and not, then I really urge everyone to at least try to TTC in those months.

NothingButBlueSkys
October 10th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Hi everyone.. i was just wondering what "lifestyle" means in terms of swaying? I have one dd conceived early oct and i am trying to sway blue. I just came across this site about a month ago after being on the IG diet for the last 2 and half months. I've now been adding elements from here since i am a vegetarian and felt like i wasn't eating enough to raise my testosterone..Anyway just wondering what lifestyle pertains to... such as your diet, stress, pollutants where you live?

atomic sagebrush
October 12th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Yes, exactly. Anything that's not diet, supps, jelly I kinda lump under the heading of "lifestyle" so exercise, competition, stress, smoking/drinking, pollutants, so on and so forth, those are all lifestyle things that may sway.

6boysneedasis
October 28th, 2012, 06:25 PM
I've also got 6 boys (1st boy missed miscarriage at 16wks) and I was wondering about seasons. My niece has 3 girls and always seems to have them just before I get pregnant like I've missed the boat for a girl again!
My boys were conceived in February, March, November, April, June and July???
I'm going to try to ttc pink one last time in November '12 and see what happens.

atomic sagebrush
October 29th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Statistically speaking, November is a boy-friendly month. I did get my girl in November, though. Good luck.

Maple
November 4th, 2012, 02:36 PM

I like this : ) I swayed girl and conceived in Oct - I am in New Zealand. Whether that will make a diff for me or not, who knows, but it makes me feel better! X

atomic sagebrush
November 4th, 2012, 03:04 PM
can't hurt, may help! GL

Boymomsrock
November 4th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Well I guess I'm screwed if I got preg this month! Poop.

atomic sagebrush
November 4th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Well I guess I'm screwed if I got preg this month! Poop.

no, there are tons of exceptions, read the study, there were thousands of both genders in all months. I got me dd in nov boy peak, and 2 boys in girl months

HopefulMonster
December 31st, 2012, 05:02 PM
This might be a ridiculous question but cold temperatures at conception, would that take into account central heating?

atomic sagebrush
January 2nd, 2013, 07:35 PM
This might be a ridiculous question but cold temperatures at conception, would that take into account central heating?

We don't know. I wonder the same thing. I wish I had more info to go off of.

AKMommy
June 5th, 2013, 04:01 PM
I think March and April are best for pink in the North.

We have 3 boys (2 are my bio). My stepson was born in November (that makes him a Feb conception I believe - that was in OR), my bio boys were conceived in November and August (both in Alaska). We were going to try in December for a daughter (the August conception was an attempt at a sway, but there was a lot less information about swaying then - so missed a lot of stuff). Here spring doesn't really start until June and our "summer" ends in August, and "fall" is September and first half of October (it snows on or the week before Halloween typically). You would think that we're in prime territory for girls.

Sorry to get all wordy. Anyways, we were going to try in Dec, would we be better off waiting until April-May time frame (you'll probably laugh, but the Chinese gender chart was right for the boys, my mom and a close friend, so I'm being superstitious and using those months too, which are Nov, Dec, Feb, Apr-Jun). There's a new moon at the beginning of Dec (I have no idea when my O will be, getting IUD taken out this month).

Alicewonder
June 5th, 2013, 04:31 PM
This stuff is complicated to me I'm in Central Pa and have No idea where we stand. Lol especially since the weather is acting up around here lol

I can't make heads or tails of the Chinese Gender chart. I tried it after I conceived the last time and it said Id have a Girl lol he's all boy!
Maybe I just don't know how to use it since I was born in Japan lol (my dad was in the Air Force)

Leebug
June 5th, 2013, 04:41 PM
I'm super interested in this too! I'm thinking MAYBE this works for women whose bodies r sensitive to ions.I live in New England.Conceived dd#1 the first week of May.spring.Conceived dd#2 right around the summer equinox.So this time around we wont be trying until the end of Oct.Will probably do attempts in Oct Nov Dec Jan.Hopefully that will help a bit!

atomic sagebrush
June 5th, 2013, 04:49 PM
We have 3 boys (2 are my bio). My stepson was born in November (that makes him a Feb conception I believe - that was in OR), my bio boys were conceived in November and August (both in Alaska). We were going to try in December for a daughter (the August conception was an attempt at a sway, but there was a lot less information about swaying then - so missed a lot of stuff). Here spring doesn't really start until June and our "summer" ends in August, and "fall" is September and first half of October (it snows on or the week before Halloween typically). You would think that we're in prime territory for girls.

Sorry to get all wordy. Anyways, we were going to try in Dec, would we be better off waiting until April-May time frame (you'll probably laugh, but the Chinese gender chart was right for the boys, my mom and a close friend, so I'm being superstitious and using those months too, which are Nov, Dec, Feb, Apr-Jun). There's a new moon at the beginning of Dec (I have no idea when my O will be, getting IUD taken out this month).

There are still plenty of opposites conceived in those months. We are talking about a minor yet statistically significant and consistent variation that may help a bit for some people. No, it's not a magic bullet in any way and I would never build a sway around it - I got two boys in the girl peak and my girl in the boy peak.

Unfortunately my crystal ball is in the shop this week so I can't tell you what is best, so please decide on the basis of what is the right decision for you and your family.

atomic sagebrush
June 5th, 2013, 04:53 PM
I'm super interested in this too! I'm thinking MAYBE this works for women whose bodies r sensitive to ions.I live in New England.Conceived dd#1 the first week of May.spring.Conceived dd#2 right around the summer equinox.So this time around we wont be trying until the end of Oct.Will probably do attempts in Oct Nov Dec Jan.Hopefully that will help a bit!

It has absolutely nothing to do with ions whatsoever and in fact goes against the ion theory. It is likely day length, ambient temperature, and/or Vit. D levels stored up from sunshine that is affecting the body.

My thinking is, if you have the option on when to try, hey, why not. If you don't, no worries.

atomic sagebrush
June 5th, 2013, 05:10 PM
This stuff is complicated to me I'm in Central Pa and have No idea where we stand. Lol especially since the weather is acting up around here lol

I can't make heads or tails of the Chinese Gender chart. I tried it after I conceived the last time and it said Id have a Girl lol he's all boy!
Maybe I just don't know how to use it since I was born in Japan lol (my dad was in the Air Force)

Central PA is Northern Hemisphere, so the girl peak months are Mar, Apr, May, and prob. a bit in Feb and June (I think Feb is more "girl" than June but don't have data to back that up just yet.) We don't think it has to do with the weather per se but day length and ~possibly~ if you're exposed to cooler temps than you had been (if temps had been warm for several months and then got colder suddenly)

Please have nothing to do with the Chinese Gender Chart, it's completely phony and a waste of time. If the Chinese were privy to some ancient secret about gender selection they would not have orphanages full of unwanted little girls.

Leebug
June 5th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Really? Well I'm totally confused! I thought there were more + ions and - ions in the air in different times of the year.maybe that was moon phases.I don't freaking know anymore!

Alicewonder
June 5th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Central PA is Northern Hemisphere, so the girl peak months are Mar, Apr, May, and prob. a bit in Feb and June (I think Feb is more "girl" than June but don't have data to back that up just yet.) We don't think it has to do with the weather per se but day length and ~possibly~ if you're exposed to cooler temps than you had been (if temps had been warm for several months and then got colder suddenly)

Please have nothing to do with the Chinese Gender Chart, it's completely phony and a waste of time. If the Chinese were privy to some ancient secret about gender selection they would not have orphanages full of unwanted little girls.

Ah I see! Lol well, that would be closer to when Mr Q turns two! Not sure about putting much stock in that stuff though, maybe the moon as im sure the moon effects people (seriusly people get weird around full moon lol) so hmm maybe the weather would effect our bodies? DH said that I should slow down and we should figure this out instead of me trying to race a clock (32 yrs old now) Yeah, we conceived DS in June but I had just put on lots of weight I was my heaviest in a while at 120 lbs 5' 5' (until now 131) and we were boy rythem (I guess that correct) and I Was eating cereal and breakfast foods and possibly lots of fast food I think (was putting on weight).

Lol yup good point about the Chinese calendar.

Leebug
June 5th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Ok thought I was going crazy for a second.it was info posted by Tamara from IG.it says that winter has more + ions & summer has more - ions.so this is wrong?

atomic sagebrush
June 5th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Really? Well I'm totally confused! I thought there were more + ions and - ions in the air in different times of the year.maybe that was moon phases.I don't freaking know anymore!

There are different amounts of ions in the air at different times of year or in different places BUT that does NOT mean that those ions go up your VJ and make you have a baby of a particular gender.

The studies that I have based this essay on, are real studies done by a real scientist on tens of thousands of women and demonstrate that the ion theory of gender swaying simply can't be true because regardless of what you may read on any other site, more boys are NOT conceived in winter, in fact quite the opposite.

atomic sagebrush
June 5th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Ok thought I was going crazy for a second.it was info posted by Tamara from IG.it says that winter has more + ions & summer has more - ions.so this is wrong?

The part that I believe these studies debunk is that ions do anything for gender swaying. Ions are real things that actually exist and you can find more of + or - at some places and times, but that doesn't mean that they are doing anything whatsoever for gender swaying. In fact it's very likely that they aren't, or at least not in the way that certain parties claim. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/swaying-studies-scientific-research/1562-what-real-differences-between-x-sperm-y-sperm.html

atomic sagebrush
June 5th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Ah I see! Lol well, that would be closer to when Mr Q turns two! Not sure about putting much stock in that stuff though, maybe the moon as im sure the moon effects people (seriusly people get weird around full moon lol) so hmm maybe the weather would effect our bodies? DH said that I should slow down and we should figure this out instead of me trying to race a clock (32 yrs old now) Yeah, we conceived DS in June but I had just put on lots of weight I was my heaviest in a while at 120 lbs 5' 5' (until now 131) and we were boy rythem (I guess that correct) and I Was eating cereal and breakfast foods and possibly lots of fast food I think (was putting on weight).

Lol yup good point about the Chinese calendar.

People do not get weird around the full moon, that too has been debunked in numerous studies.

the moon might sway but it almost certainly has nothing to do with ions http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/1421-lunaception.html

One of these days I'm going to do an ion essay that explains it in detail but until then, does it really make any sense that tiny particles emanating from the moon are making people have boys or girls??

Diet makes sense because boys need more calories than girls do from the moment of conception on through life. Lifestyle makes sense too. But the moon sending out particles? I'm sorry that just does not add up for me.

Leebug
June 5th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Thx AS! So much info out there.it gets overwhelming & confusing sometimes! I did read that Italian study that said October was the most "boy heavy" conception month & that it had to do with the amount of daylight & an average temp of 55 degrees.what do u think of that one?

atomic sagebrush
June 6th, 2013, 11:31 AM
That and some other studies done by that researcher and a few others, is what I am basing all this on.

sbowman
June 6th, 2013, 04:20 PM
I'm having a hard time understanding this, or trying to use the information I guess. Both boys were conceived in June. First boy was conceived in Texas (it was hot), second boy conceived in Arizona (even more hot). Arizona is like perpetual summer. When I think back to my time there, I have a hard time remembering what month or season my memories take place in, because it was just always hot. But most of the women I knew that had babies were having girls. Just among my friends, the ratio was four boys to fifteen girls, and there have been two more girls born since I left, but no more boys. There was a running joke among my husband's coworkers that their flight line was cursed, and anyone that fathered a child while working there would have a girl. So I'm not sure why that is. :/ My next child will be conceived in Japan - northern Japan, kind of on the same line as northern Cali. I hear they have bad winters, like pass-me-that-shovel-so-I-can-go-dig-my-car-out kind of winters. I had planned my first attempt for August, but after reading this and spending a warm summer in Tennessee, I'm wondering if we should wait? Would December be a better time? And do you think the colder climate will work in my favor?

Alicewonder
June 6th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Sbowman: I'm not sure how this works. But I Was born In Misawa Japan in March!
So I was conceived in June! Hope this helps :)

Frankly, all this stuff is confusing enough without worrying about seasons!
There are plenty of opposites conceived in all seasons! How do you know yours wouldn't be in an off season? Maybe your the exception? :) follow me? Like how Atomic conceived her daughter in boy season?

DH and I think maybe we won't put to much thought into boy/girl season. DS was conceived in June in central pa.

Northern_Shutterbug
June 6th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Am really pleased with myself today - managed to do 50 mins of cardio at the gym! Longest I've ever done! I could have done more but they were closing the gym so kicked me out :(

So, with eating well - except for two matzos crackers mid afternoon as my sugar levels were getting too low for me - and the exercise I've come in 420 calories under my goal and nowhere near on fat or protein!

Not eating much tomorrow as I'm off on a girlie night so alcohol calories will be used instead ;)

sbowman
June 6th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Sbowman: I'm not sure how this works. But I Was born In Misawa Japan in March!
So I was conceived in June! Hope this helps :)

Frankly, all this stuff is confusing enough without worrying about seasons!
There are plenty of opposites conceived in all seasons! How do you know yours wouldn't be in an off season? Maybe your the exception? :) follow me? Like how Atomic conceived her daughter in boy season?

DH and I think maybe we won't put to much thought into boy/girl season. DS was conceived in June in central pa.

That's where we're going! :) And yes, this seasons stuff is so confusing. But I feel like I need to do a kitchen sink sway or I won't be happy with myself, and I feel like since I know about the seasons thing, and I conceive a boy in August, I will always wonder what would've happened if I had just waited a few more months...and then part of me wonders if it even matters at all. Swaying sometimes makes me want to pull my hair out lol.

Alicewonder
June 6th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Sbowman: lol I follow its the whole what if factor?
Yeah, that's tricky. Yes, Misawa only has a few weeks of summer July and August in as warm as it gets according to my mother. Sun comes up at like 3 and goes down at 7 in summer.

I figure this my Grandmother was born in June so, she was conceived September? My DH's sisters (twins) born in July so conceived in Oct? SIL (brothers wife) born in August so Conceived November? My neice (brothers daughter) born in October so conceived in January? My mom born April so conceived July!

sbowman
June 6th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Ah, of course we get stationed there after being in Phoenix for three years lol.

aidansmum
September 13th, 2013, 12:41 AM
Awesome!

Southern Hemisphere here! My little boy was conceived in April and will be trying for a girl Sept-Oct. Hope that is good. :)

atomic sagebrush
September 14th, 2013, 03:02 PM
I'm having a hard time understanding this, or trying to use the information I guess. Both boys were conceived in June. First boy was conceived in Texas (it was hot), second boy conceived in Arizona (even more hot). Arizona is like perpetual summer. When I think back to my time there, I have a hard time remembering what month or season my memories take place in, because it was just always hot. But most of the women I knew that had babies were having girls. Just among my friends, the ratio was four boys to fifteen girls, and there have been two more girls born since I left, but no more boys. There was a running joke among my husband's coworkers that their flight line was cursed, and anyone that fathered a child while working there would have a girl. So I'm not sure why that is. :/ My next child will be conceived in Japan - northern Japan, kind of on the same line as northern Cali. I hear they have bad winters, like pass-me-that-shovel-so-I-can-go-dig-my-car-out kind of winters. I had planned my first attempt for August, but after reading this and spending a warm summer in Tennessee, I'm wondering if we should wait? Would December be a better time? And do you think the colder climate will work in my favor?

Sorry did not see this till just now. Around the equator where weather is hot year round, more girls are conceived all the time for reasons no one knows. So people who live in areas where the days remain long, don't need to worry about the seasons. This is for temperate areas only.

If you ahve the option of when to TTC, I'd include it. It's no magic bullet and i got my DD in boy months.

sbowman
September 14th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Sorry did not see this till just now. Around the equator where weather is hot year round, more girls are conceived all the time for reasons no one knows. So people who live in areas where the days remain long, don't need to worry about the seasons. This is for temperate areas only.

If you ahve the option of when to TTC, I'd include it. It's no magic bullet and i got my DD in boy months.

Thanks for replying again, I know you're busy. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

atomic sagebrush
September 15th, 2013, 01:04 PM
if i ever miss anything please bump! i like you guys to do that, i want to respond but sometimes will open a thread and get interrupted so the page closes and it is no longer illuminated. then i miss questions. so never be shy about giving a friendly bump!!

1+2+3boys
November 30th, 2013, 12:23 AM
I have only read until the end of the 7th page for now but think I am starting to understand. With such a strong boy history I do not plan to sway lightly and want to get as much pink dust on my side as I can.

I am in New Zealand so the peak months to TTC a girl should be Sep, Oct and Nov? Is this right?
My identical twins were conceived in late September but only counts as one conceived in terms of swaying as they were one to begin with. Everything else in my life at that momment was pretty boy friendly though and age gap wise I think those would be good months to try and I will be ready to be pregnant by then.
My first boy was concieved in June so that is a peak boy month right? Is there one strongest month?

atomic sagebrush
December 1st, 2013, 12:02 PM
Yes, this is def. no magic bullet at all but if we can tap into it, it should help a little bit. I got two of my boys in girl peak months and then my girl in the boy peak so don't take it too seriously! If you can make it work out to TTC coming into the peak, that's great, but if not then no worries, you can still have a successful sway without it.

In NZ the best months would be Sept-Nov, and probably August as well.

maidentomother
December 4th, 2013, 08:37 AM
When I was younger, age 22-25, I got pregnant late March every year. I'm one of those people who always gains weight in Autumn and loses it in late Spring, so usually I am heaviest in March. My very first pregnancy when I was 20 I conceived in late Oct. Then my most recent pregnancy, in 2012, I conceived in March again. So 5/6 pregnacies conceived in March.

I don't know what genders I conceived (except in 2012, BG twins) but now I'm very curious!

Edit: for my 1st pg I was living in NYC, for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th pg I was living in the bay area, North California, for 5th pg I was living in the Boston, MA area, and for the 6th I was in North Carolina. So all Northern Hemisphere.

atomic sagebrush
December 4th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Yes there are more babies conceived at some times of year than others! I also have 2 conceived in March.

maidentomother
December 4th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Ahhhh. I do recall hearing that, a cabin fever effect of sorts. That makes it a little less mysterious sounding. Although I bet that with modern heating and A/C the seasonal birth numbers aren't as dramatically different as they were in the paat.

atomic sagebrush
December 5th, 2013, 11:26 AM
It doesn't seem to be cabin fever though - it seems to be something possibly to do with day lenght that is triggering a natural increase in conception rates across the population.

Angelone
December 5th, 2013, 02:30 PM
I'm the UK when wud u most likely conceive a girl xx

atomic sagebrush
December 6th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Mar-May

Angelone
December 6th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Aww man I conceived this one in Sept lol... Also conceived my first and last boys in April suppose it's just a small part in the sway x

atomic sagebrush
December 8th, 2013, 10:35 AM
yep it's just an overall variation but still fairly close to 50-50, the important thing is that it's consistent from year to year and what it tells us about gender swaying. Not in any way a magic bullet but if you can work it in, great.

GreaseMonkey
December 18th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Well this confirms this little one is a boy, it's really warm/hot here in Africa and he was conceive sometime in November so there you go :P

atomic sagebrush
December 18th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Well this confirms this little one is a boy, it's really warm/hot here in Africa and he was conceive sometime in November so there you go :P

NO, it doesn't confirm any such thing, more girls are conceived around the equator for reasons we don't know, and the gender ratio is really close to 50-50 no matter what. The seasons only apply to people who are in areas with 4 distinct seasons and not around the equator. :)

GreaseMonkey
December 18th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Lol I have no clue where I am but there is definitely NOT 4 seasons here, there is warm/hot season and rain season lol

Mulberry Smurf
January 29th, 2014, 03:29 PM
My December baby was a one hit wonder and I was losing weight but I had been under a LOT of stress with moving house and having a 6m old so I guess those may have swayed it. I think he was just 'meant' to be a boy tbh and he fits in so well with our family! This information is very interesting though :) my other son is a sept baby and he totally fits many of the boy sway things xx

carmella_marie
January 29th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Great links to studies. Is there a thread somewhere that has links to ALL the studies atomic?

Mulberry Smurf
January 29th, 2014, 05:46 PM
The libraries have links I think - sorry obviously not atomic but hopefully that can help! Are you ttc pink or blue? Xx

Mulberry Smurf
January 29th, 2014, 05:47 PM
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/23588-ttc-girl-library.html

Girl library xx

Boysway
January 30th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Wow! What a fascinating read this was. All four of my girls were conceived within the Australia 'girl' months. That's very interesting. Thank you so much :)

atomic sagebrush
January 30th, 2014, 08:03 PM
Great links to studies. Is there a thread somewhere that has links to ALL the studies atomic?

There are SO many studies out there that I felt that it would be more helpful to put germane studies in the various threads instead of just a massive list that would take me a ton of time to do and I felt would be uwieldy for you guys to use.

Dreamsplanner
May 5th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Hello,
Great Post AS! Reading this, I was going to wait a year and a half after DS is born, as I would like to use the Springtime favoring girls and as earlier on, it will also be a stressful time for us with DH for several reasons.

Do you think it will be more difficult conceiving at 38 though rather than 37? I will be 38 in spring 2016 when we start TTC and DH 36.5.
I know that is sometime from now, but thinking ahead, lol. I was very keen to start TTC in spring 2015, but our circumstances at the time do not seem favorable and do not want to burden our situation further :(

I conceived DD almost at 34 first attempt and DS amost at 36 first attempt.
If I did not use the Springtime that favors girls, we could start TTC from January 2015 and I thought 2 months will not make a difference really to my fertility and why not use the seasons that favor us...
I am hesitant TTC Sept-Dec due to the boy season, I conceived DS early December and I am biased in a way, DD was late December.

Thank you &
sorry for asking similar question in a way as before.
Trying to see how waiting and my age could affect the situation...

atomic sagebrush
May 8th, 2014, 10:08 AM
I never recommen anyone in late 30's wait for any reason. You never know whem it's the last fresh egg in the carton amd this is just something that may help a little bit, no magic bullet.

JG60611
May 14th, 2014, 10:15 PM
I conceived my son in april and this current one in march (dont know gender yet but hoping for a girl). Seasons were wrong for him but hopefully right this time haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TishTashTosh
May 29th, 2014, 04:58 PM
I am 36 and live in France - I have 3 boys who were conceived in March, May and July.... which I think make them 'opposites' in terms of the season theory?

When would you recommend I TTC? There seems no point waiting for the next girl time in 2015 when all my boys were conceived during these months!!

atomic sagebrush
May 31st, 2014, 11:35 AM
There are ALWAYS going to be tons of opposites. This is not a magic bullet. I have two boys in the "girl months" and my girl in the "boy months". This is just a scientifically observed, statistically significant shift in the numbers during those months which seems to stay consistent over time, so if you can encorporate it, great, if not, let it go with no worries. It's just a way to let Mother Nature help you out a teensy bit.

You absolutely can conceive two different genders of kids in the same month.

3BoysBlessed
June 4th, 2014, 09:59 AM
So interesting that Skrimpy and I are both in Northern MI (I'm in lower peninsula and assume you are, since you didn't mention the UP, Skrimpy:) and we have boys conceived in winter and have summer boys...June, Aug and first week in Oct they were born. It's interesting that she brings up the slaughter season and harvest season possibly playing into that, which of course goes right along with the seasons observations. There are also several families here in our area with three boys or more and they tend to be born in spring and summer months often. This is based on knowing these families and observing the hefty amount of boys birthdays celebrated in summer. Our oldest sons whole hockey team is made up of several summer boys in each family, the magic number seems to be three boys. It's really interesting. But, my brother and I have birth dates that are in April.

I also wonder..may it have something to do with where we were born or raised and possible genealogy...so you may have been born near the equator but live in a four season climate so your body follows the equator timing? Just a thought to ponder...

I have been well nourished for all three of my boys, very conscious of sugar intake with protein to avoid sugar spikes, lots of fruits and veggies and good fats. I also always took magnesium and potassium sups because I ran a lot and these two things help so much with muscle cramps and fatigue. I drank a lot of milk, so the calcium in the milk was likely well absorbed given the magnesium I was getting...which is also in chocolate, but I also am a sweets lover.
The old wives tales really are funny. My mother has some real doozies! I tease her and say welcome to reality in the 21st century! Lol. She cracks me up. Anyway...every single one of my 5 pregnancies (I have two angels) were different. 4 boys and the one angel didn't make it last 5 weeks,so it didn't affect me at that point with any nausea, etc. we didn't find out what gender the baby was, although they did testing as they suspected molar pregnancy. It wasn't and all was normal. I think I'd be devastated if I found out it was a girl, though. That one was conceived in summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
June 6th, 2014, 10:29 AM
It is fun to speculate about, but above all else I think that the more tangible things like diet, overall physical condition, and personality traits (plus many things DH will bring to the party) are much much much stronger and more effective things than the seasons.

Auzair
June 26th, 2014, 06:26 PM
Great info may God bless u atomic

Throwaway_panther
January 23rd, 2016, 01:39 PM
I see how these can be just theories! I've been conscience of ions now since I conceived my daughter in early September (and it was VERY hot; we also didn't have the a/c running, so there were some days where we were both overheating -- he was also on a boat out in the water very often).

Ideally was going to try for a boy when my daughter was at least 6 months (with breastfeeding, if that hopefully goes well), especially since my daughter would be being introduced to foods, it'd be December (so winter months, cold, more HE diet because of the holidays, ions from central heat???), etc. Is this dumb though, still so close to her birth/when breastfeeding? Once I most likely wean her at 1 year, it'd be the summer, so I'd be worried about the summer impact on conception, though as I've posted elsewhere: I had an insanely girl friendly diet at conception for this girl, so maybe that's all that was the issue?

atomic sagebrush
January 23rd, 2016, 01:58 PM
I do not believe in ions for swaying. This is an effect that is apart from ions. Probably day length and our bodies have some primordial way of registering that. Your body can and does use ions for many things including being present in cervical mucus, but it MAKES THEM chemically as per its needs. Your body DOES NOT GET the supply of ions it needs for functioning by being bombarded with them from the outside. The idea that tiny particles are coming from the moon on a mission to invade our vagina and make us have a boy or girl is just plain silly.

More girls are conceived around the equator for reasons we don't know, one theory is heated testicles = more girls conceived. So in hot weather, out on a boat, etc etc etc it isn't that shocking. But please keep in mind that even in studies, the effects are miniscule when compared to diet and exercise and other lifestyle factors. It never comes down to just one thing like this, and it beyond never comes down to THIS one thing.

I BEG YOU, and all blue swayers, AVOID positive ions. They don't work for swaying and positive ions may be harmful to human health in the long term.

maidentomother
January 23rd, 2016, 02:07 PM
There are multiple pink sway factors affecting those who live near the equator, beyond overheated testes...more infectious disease/parasites, high poverty rates so likely low cal and low nutrient diets, possibly less frequent BDing due to heat/humidity, to name a few.

atomic sagebrush
January 26th, 2016, 05:14 PM
There are multiple pink sway factors affecting those who live near the equator, beyond overheated testes...more infectious disease/parasites, high poverty rates so likely low cal and low nutrient diets, possibly less frequent BDing due to heat/humidity, to name a few.

Supposedly they corrected for socioeconomic strata - but yeah.

Greydore
March 31st, 2017, 08:41 PM
Just adding my experience- my older son was conceived in February and my younger son was conceived in May. But I get pregnant quickly, so it may just be the fertility factor.

atomic sagebrush
April 1st, 2017, 06:30 PM
Just adding my experience- my older son was conceived in February and my younger son was conceived in May. But I get pregnant quickly, so it may just be the fertility factor.

Thanks! yes it's just one little thing that may help a bit. I got 2 boys in "girl" months and my girl in "boy" month. :)

anga236
October 14th, 2017, 09:07 PM
What's the best month to conceive a boy in Chicago weather? I got a girl baby conceived in August.

anga236
October 14th, 2017, 09:44 PM
What's the best month to conceive a boy in Chicago weather? I got a girl baby conceived in August.

atomic sagebrush
October 16th, 2017, 02:46 PM

as far as we know Sept-Nov are boy months in the temperate zones of the N. Hemisphere.

teampinkdream
October 23rd, 2017, 04:36 PM
Just wanted to note that my custom plan for ttc girl advises that ttc a girl months are Sept-Nov but this is actually for the Southern Hemisphere. The U.S. and mostly everywhere else is the Northern Hemisphere. I actually conceived in October so hoping this little sway option doesn't affect my sway but just wanted to note so it can be changed for future plans.

Girl peak months in the Southern Hemisphere are Sept-Nov, boy peak in
Mar-May. This is not a make or break thing and no magic bullet in any
way, but if you have the option of when to TTC, it can’t hurt and may
help.

atomic sagebrush
October 24th, 2017, 05:54 PM
Northern Hemisphere: March through May

Southern Hemisphere: Sept through Nov.

Around the equator more girls are conceived than should be statistically for reasons no one knows (but still about 50-50)

I may have made an error in your plan in which case I apologize? I'm not quite sure I follow this question.

momtobe3
September 11th, 2018, 02:08 PM
So I’ve seen no one say they’ve tried for a baby in January! Is that a bad month? I want to sway boy in Jan/feb so I would think that’d be good for cooler male parts?

atomic sagebrush
September 12th, 2018, 01:05 PM
So I’ve seen no one say they’ve tried for a baby in January! Is that a bad month? I want to sway boy in Jan/feb so I would think that’d be good for cooler male parts?

Because it's likely that darker winter weather sways pink, it is not the ideal time to sway for a boy. The way the months work is that during Mar-May, in the Northern Hemisphere, there is both a peak of girl conceptions and a trough of boy conceptions making a measurable statistical difference between the number of boys and girls conceived. The studies have found this seems to be consistent year in and year out (which is why we pay attention to it). So January, by virtue of being in the dark, cold months and closer to the peak of girl conceptions and the trough of boy conceptions, is going to be less beneficial to conceiving a boy than say, August would be. "cooler male parts" doesn't seem to make much of a difference overall, unfortunately.

But all that having been said, it's a minor statistical difference and there are still plenty of boys conceived in January. The seasons are just one of those things we pay attention to since it's interesting and all, but if it doesn't work out, no worries. I got my girl in "boy peak" and 2 boys in "girl peak" months so there ya go.

BoyDream
September 14th, 2018, 10:16 AM
Because it's likely that darker winter weather sways pink, it is not the ideal time to sway for a boy. The way the months work is that during Mar-May, in the Northern Hemisphere, there is both a peak of girl conceptions and a trough of boy conceptions making a measurable statistical difference between the number of boys and girls conceived. The studies have found this seems to be consistent year in and year out (which is why we pay attention to it). So January, by virtue of being in the dark, cold months and closer to the peak of girl conceptions and the trough of boy conceptions, is going to be less beneficial to conceiving a boy than say, August would be. "cooler male parts" doesn't seem to make much of a difference overall, unfortunately.

But all that having been said, it's a minor statistical difference and there are still plenty of boys conceived in January. The seasons are just one of those things we pay attention to since it's interesting and all, but if it doesn't work out, no worries. I got my girl in "boy peak" and 2 boys in "girl peak" months so there ya go.

What about the Southern Hemisphere? This logic sounds interesting and fun!

atomic sagebrush
September 14th, 2018, 10:27 AM
We assume the peaks are reversed with the boy peak in Mar-May and the girl peak in Sept - Nov but we don't have any study (that I'm aware of, anyway) to show this. The studies we have are from Germany and Italy.

jax006
August 14th, 2020, 02:56 PM
I only skimmed through some of the comments here but this makes me nervous for my girl sway since i'm starting my sway next cycle (beginning of September). I conceived ds1 in December and ds2 in June.

*Pinkdust*
August 14th, 2020, 03:26 PM
We assume the peaks are reversed with the boy peak in Mar-May and the girl peak in Sept - Nov but we don't have any study (that I'm aware of, anyway) to show this. The studies we have are from Germany and Italy.

This gives me great hope as my boys were conceived in the northern hemisphere and my girl sway will be southern and in the girl peak months!

polaris.kai
August 14th, 2020, 11:46 PM
So if we are going to be trying for a boy next Oct/Nov then we need to make sure we have a solid sway since those are girl months?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
August 15th, 2020, 03:31 PM
I only skimmed through some of the comments here but this makes me nervous for my girl sway since i'm starting my sway next cycle (beginning of September). I conceived ds1 in December and ds2 in June.

It's just one little thing. I got my girl in boy months and 2 boys in girl months.

atomic sagebrush
August 15th, 2020, 08:16 PM
So if we are going to be trying for a boy next Oct/Nov then we need to make sure we have a solid sway since those are girl months?

Oh I thought you were in Europe Polaris?

U need to make sure you have a solid sway anyway LOL

This is just one little teeny thing. I wouldn't worry about it.

polaris.kai
August 15th, 2020, 10:23 PM
Oh I thought you were in Europe Polaris?

U need to make sure you have a solid sway anyway LOL

This is just one little teeny thing. I wouldn't worry about it.Nope USA! And we will :) so I wont worry about this then <3

atomic sagebrush
August 16th, 2020, 01:48 PM
Nope USA! And we will :) so I wont worry about this then <3

In the US it's Mar-May for girls, Sept-Nov for boys, but like I said I got my girl in the boy months and 2 boys in the girl months!!!