PDA

View Full Version : Tea??? TTC boy

cemas
March 2nd, 2011, 03:46 PM
Is it Ok to have Tea one cup a day while ttc boy???

i add non-dairy creamer + stevia sugar.

Very rarely some milk instead or the creamer?

TTC5
March 2nd, 2011, 03:57 PM
I have heard that fake sugars - am guessing this is what stevia is? Sways girl, but tea is GREAT for boys!
I am having green tea =)

LolaInLove
March 2nd, 2011, 04:02 PM
Cemas, Stevia is the good one for ph... the only sugar that is alkalizing. I think that is fine, and I still drink half and half in my coffee....I don't think it is bad to have some milk (I am not convinced that full-fat dairy is good for fertility). I know Atomic drank lots of tea and had a lot of dairy as well.....

atomic sagebrush
March 2nd, 2011, 07:19 PM
Yes, stevia is the only good fake sugar for blue.

I drank TONS of tea with all four of my boys. That is the one constant between them all LOL.

Non-dairy creamer is fine if you're avoiding dairy, although full fat dairy does boost fertility if you're not as sold on the idea of avoiding calcium.

TTC5
March 2nd, 2011, 07:30 PM
Atomic what is non dairy creamer? I wonder if we have it down here?...

My Fabulous Children
March 2nd, 2011, 07:38 PM
I drank tea every morning when I was swaying for DS. This time around I added Stevia/Truvia to me Tea every morning.

LolaInLove
March 2nd, 2011, 08:43 PM
Oops, I meant to say that I DO think full fat dairy is good for fertility, hence the half and half! I still do coffee, though, I can't deal without a cup.

atomic sagebrush
March 2nd, 2011, 09:25 PM
Atomic what is non dairy creamer? I wonder if we have it down here?...

It's like "Coffeemate" - a powder that makes your coffee creamy even though you can keep it safely on a shelf. It's made out of all kinds of chemicals and has no calcium/odium

cemas
March 3rd, 2011, 12:50 PM
Hope all of you are talkng about drinking the Black tea with milk/creamer and stevia and not the green tea.

TTC5
March 3rd, 2011, 09:56 PM
Hope all of you are talkng about drinking the Black tea with milk/creamer and stevia and not the green tea.

I drink green.

atomic sagebrush
March 4th, 2011, 09:48 AM

I drank between 2-4 bags (meaning cups made from bags) of good old regular tea or else occasionally Earl Gray, every day with all four of my boys with milk and sometimes sugar. With DS 3 I also drank Lipton green tea 1 or 2 a day.

Aqua
March 17th, 2011, 05:36 PM
I think thats fine Cemas. My DH is a tea drinker. While I had green tea, I gave him the regular T with non dairy creamer and stevia. He thought it tasted gross though...lol

Coccinelle33
March 18th, 2011, 11:09 AM
i was drinking 3 cups of green tea a day when i got pregnant with boy #2!

Coccinelle33
March 18th, 2011, 11:10 AM
i didn't use any sugar in it. actually around that time i didn't use any kind of sugar on anything.

My Fabulous Children
March 22nd, 2011, 03:44 PM

I drink black tea ,but no milk/creamer. I Add Stevia instead of sugar.

My Fabulous Children
March 22nd, 2011, 03:46 PM
I think thats fine Cemas. My DH is a tea drinker. While I had green tea, I gave him the regular T with non dairy creamer and stevia. He thought it tasted gross though...lol

I did the same for DH he also thought it tasted gross, LOL