PDA

View Full Version : pH test strips

TTC5
March 3rd, 2011, 01:44 AM
The ones I have have two little boxes first time I used it I was assuming it was a 5.5 and have tested today around a week or so later but I can't seem to match the boxes up? Which box do we go with, the top or the bottom of both together? Both together I can not really match up, but I can match the top box up with a result of 5.75 and the bottom one I can't match up at all as the colour is not on the chart??? :sigh:

atomic sagebrush
March 3rd, 2011, 11:43 AM
It's really both that are supposed to match, but go with the one that matches and keep testing, you get more of a feel for it over time. It's not an exact science with those things, it's more of a ballpark number. I wouldn't worry too much about getting an exact reading, just an indicator that your CM is getting more alkaline.

TTC5
March 3rd, 2011, 05:21 PM
Do you think digital is better way to go?

atomic sagebrush
March 4th, 2011, 09:40 AM
No, I think that the actual number is not what is important, it's whether you're getting more acid/alkaline and you can easily tell that with the strips.

(Plus I'm a cheapskate and I know swaying is expensive, so I hate for people to spend money on things that are not necessary. ;))

TTC5
March 6th, 2011, 05:10 AM
Oh good!!