PDA

View Full Version : What is your take on BDing....frequent for ttc blue ok?

LolaInLove
March 3rd, 2011, 09:22 AM
Just wondering since some blue swaying friends and I always obsess about this....the one time shot seems to be tricky for getting pg for some of us. We've noticed tons of charts on FF that indicate frequent bd through O and still got boys. Anyone have any opinion on this?

atomic sagebrush
March 3rd, 2011, 11:50 AM
If, (as I believe) greater numbers of sperm overall sway blue, then frequent BD through O would be fine and actually preferable for a boy. The reason why you are only supposed to do one shot at O for a boy is all because of Shettles, he believed that the Y sperm died off and the X sperm lived, so by doing frequent BD through O, you were loading up the vagina with a lot of X sperm in the days before ovulation. But he was totally WRONG on all that, X and Y sperm almost certainly live the same amount of time.

I would be careful however, because if you DTD every day your husband may not be able to make enough sperm between rounds and you may actually LOWER sperm count because he'll be shooting out mostly semen and less sperm. (Some of us whose husbands are sperm-making machines do not have this problem). You may want to DTD every other day for blue.

In case any girl swayers are reading this and thinking WTH, I think frequent BD through O is good for pink too if you are reducing CM through diet and antihistamines and doing other things to lower sperm count (like frequent release, gels, and spermicides). In fact you may NEED to BD more than once to get pg if you are doing those things. Honestly, I think frequent BD through O is best for EVERYONE trying to get pregnant.