PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on protocol, please

erinhen
March 3rd, 2011, 10:29 AM
Yesterday I completed my fluid ultrasound, mock transfer and DH did his semen analysis. All came back normal. That was such a relief since my AMH levels were not normal- they were on the lower end: 0.86.

I am tentatively scheduled for the June cycle, so I start BCP's with my next period and I'll take active pills only through that period until I start stimming at the end of May.

RE said my protocol is long lupron with 6amps. Can anyone explain to me what "amps" are and what this means? I am super nervous about OHSS and having to cancel the cycle, but I am also nervous about not having enough eggs to send for aCGH testing, and thus having no normal girls to transfer. Would love to hear any info you can share with me on this type of protocol!

Thanks so much!

nuthinbutpink
March 3rd, 2011, 10:52 AM
I think that 1 amp= 75ius. If that is the case, that is 450iu of stim. Not sure what med you are referring to but My original AMH was in your range and I was on 450 iu of follistim PLUS 150 of Repronex. 450 is about tops with the FSH though.

If you have a lower AMH, it is unlikely that you will develop OHSS. Chances are much greater that you will not respond to the meds. Do you know what your Antral Follicle Count(AFC) is? Did you have a day 3 FSH taken or do a Clomid Challenge Test? It sounds like your RE is going to be aggressive which if your pretesting warrants it, that is what you want when doing this for GS. You do need numbers when you through PGD in the mix.