PDA

View Full Version : Childcare during HT Cycle?

erinhen
March 3rd, 2011, 02:26 PM
DH and I are keeping our High Tech Journey a secret from everyone. I am a SAHM so we do not have regular childcare. I am wondering what do other mothers do for childcare during all of the many appointments you have? Does DH just go in to work a little later each morning you have a monitoring u/s? Or did you use a drop-in childcare place? What about the day of ER? Just trying to figure out logistics. Thanks!

nuthinbutpink
March 3rd, 2011, 02:47 PM
For all my monitoring, I scheduled it at 7:30am and DH stayed at home until I got back. For ER, you need to find a sitter or drop them with family. You should definitely not take them. I went alone to ET and DH stayed with the kids.

erinhen
March 3rd, 2011, 04:03 PM
Thank you so much NBP!! I hope my clinic (SIRM) has hours that early. :)

Dreamingforaboy
March 8th, 2011, 04:58 PM
i can't remember who but someone posted this in IG, I cut and pasted it for future reference... it may be useful to you:

In January, when I cycled with Dr Potter, we found a GREAT childcare facility. I wanted to pass it on to those of you who may be bringing children with during your cycle. It is called Playmates in Laguna Niguel. It is a 5 minute drive from HRC and they offer hourly drop in childcare for children ages 2 and over. It is really nice at times where you and your husband would both like to be at HRC. They are even open evenings if you wanted to go out to dinner without the kids one night. Both of my kids (2 and 4) loved it. Just thought I would pass it along!

Dreamingforaboy
March 8th, 2011, 05:28 PM
ooops...Ok I see I didn't read the question properly...anyway maybe my response will help someone looking for childcare near HRC.

NYFamilyOfFiveRoses
March 9th, 2011, 09:57 AM
I would recommend finding a babysiter if you do not have family to help. You can try sittercity. Start using the person now and build trust. Get the availability that you need.

Or I even have my 2 younger ones registered at a daycare/ preschool, and it is the typeof thing that I can use on an on needed basis. Maybe you can call around and get that type of agreement also.

I will be in the sam shoes as you when I do a cycle eventually.

PlanB
March 10th, 2011, 04:54 AM
At home I booked spots early like pp. Appts at my gp I would bring the kids. When o/s we used a local child are centre. But that was in bagkok so not much help.

Yuzu
March 12th, 2011, 01:48 PM
I saw a commercial for a service called care.com. Apparently they screen caregivers in your area; you just need to type in your zip. I haven't tried them yet, so I can't really recommend the service, but it mint be worth looking into.