PDA

View Full Version : 12 wk u/s. Great pic w/ faint nub. Guesses?

BabyB2013
November 3rd, 2012, 09:35 PM
I just joined the forum. This is our first baby and I'm anxious to know the gender :)

I have been reading lately about the nub and skull theory. I think I can see a faint nub in my pic.

Any guesses on gender?

Thanks!

BabyB2013
November 3rd, 2012, 09:49 PM
Here is another pic from the same u/s. No nub in this one, but I thought it might help guesses for the skull shape experts.5914

pslo11
November 3rd, 2012, 09:58 PM
I think girl! Pointy chin, all my girlfriends girls' ultrasounds have that big deep rounded forehead.

Claire33
November 4th, 2012, 02:40 AM
Looks like a boy skull to me.

babyonboard
November 4th, 2012, 04:12 AM
Mayb Girl x

BabyB2013
November 4th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Looks like a boy skull to me.

I didn't know about the skull theory til yesterday when I was reading the thread on this site, but I can see how it looks like the "caveman brow" that another member described. I see the pointy chin too though.

Am I crazy that I can see a faint nub in the 1st picture? I'm no expert, so help me out if you've been doing this for awhile.

I've been feeling boy since I got pregnant, but I have no scientific reason....just a feeling. And maybe it's b/c my husband would love a boy before we adopt. My bro is adopted and I have dreams of adopting children as well.

Wish I had known about all of these swaying methods. This is a great site!

Any other guesses? Can anyone see the nub in the first pic?

Typical_Jules
November 4th, 2012, 05:50 AM
I don't see a nub, sorry

Cinss
November 4th, 2012, 05:54 AM
I cant tell with these pics, sorry i dont think there is a clear nub in either pics.

lovemy4
November 4th, 2012, 08:10 AM
I don't see a nub but I think it is wonderful that you want to adopt in the future :)

BabyB2013
November 4th, 2012, 08:35 AM
I don't see a nub but I think it is wonderful that you want to adopt in the future :)

Wishful thinking on my part :) Any skull guesses?

Maybe we will schedule a private u/s at 16 wks. Has anyone heard of Storkvision? They are nationwide from what i've read. Will the gender be distinguishable at 16 wks? My husband gets deployed just before our 20 wk u/s and it'd be more meaningful to find out with him there.

BabyB2013
November 4th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Wishful thinking on my part :) Any skull guesses?

Maybe we will schedule a private u/s at 16 wks. Has anyone heard of Storkvision? They are nationwide from what i've read. Will the gender be distinguishable at 16 wks? My husband gets deployed just before our 20 wk u/s and it'd be more meaningful to find out with him there.

Here is an up-close of what I thought might be the nub. Prob just part of her/his bottom though. Thoughts?

Claire33
November 4th, 2012, 12:20 PM
I don't think that is the nub. Yes, you will be able to see the gender at 16 weeks. Maybe even better to wait until 17 or 18 weeks for better pictures? If you can wait that is :)

BabyB2013
November 4th, 2012, 12:55 PM
I don't think that is the nub. Yes, you will be able to see the gender at 16 weeks. Maybe even better to wait until 17 or 18 weeks for better pictures? If you can wait that is :)

Thats's great to hear! I think we'll schedule a private ultrasound for around 17 wks. Then my husband will know before he leaves and he'll have some extra pictures for his deployment :) Thanks!

Kijoja
November 5th, 2012, 03:57 AM
Can't see the nub, but I'm not a pro at this guessing game.. If (what you point out) is the nub, then it's a boy..

I'm hoping it is what you hope it is!

Thorz300
November 5th, 2012, 10:37 AM
boy