PDA

View Full Version : vitex?????

babygirl
November 3rd, 2012, 10:32 PM
seems to render me infertile:worry:. I have used it on many occasions, the last time for a year and only got pregnant the cycle off it, another boy (have 6). i was on 1000mg one /day dose took continuously, would a lower dose help or should i do the af-o and see how that goes?
currently i am beastfeeding and af is nowhere in sight so just trying to sort myself out for the next possible try
thank you

Violet_
November 3rd, 2012, 11:20 PM
Try from af to o. It makes me super fertile and made me ovulate really early this cycle. Instead of still waiting around to ovulate right now, like I usually would be, I've got a bfp already at CD18. I took it this cycle from CD5 to CD13. But I do believe that different herbs work for different people. I'm still breastfeeding also but my bub is almost 16 months and I had af return around his first birthday on it's own. Just that my cycles were 34-35 days long. Vitex changed all that for me. I think I'm going to have another boy. Just a gut instinct.

atomic sagebrush
November 4th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Vitex taken all month long DOES seem to act as a birth control pill which is why I have people taking it AF-O only.

If you're BF and not having a cycle, it's best to look back at your old dates and go off of those, because oftentimes you will start ovulating the same time of the month that you were before your pregnancy.

atomic sagebrush
November 4th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Also, several people have gotten pg the month they stopped the vitex (myself included). Many of these babies have been girls, I think you just had an unlucky break. (but I'm sure your little man is a doll - I hate coming off like a baby is bad luck, because it isn't, I just mean in terms of swaying.)

babygirl
November 5th, 2012, 04:59 AM
problem is, some of my cycles were 40 days or more. I usually o between cd20 to 26. the longer i took vitex the later i seemed to ovulate. I do realise this now, was because i took it continuously. Will taking it from af to o bring my ovulation forward a bit. It just takes so long each cycle.
I went back on past charts and not sure which one to look off as i ovulated on very different days ie nov was middle of month but another month was beginning, wacky cycles really suck

atomic sagebrush
November 5th, 2012, 10:29 AM
try taking it just the first 14 days and then stopping.

If your cycles are wacky like that then just pick 14 days at random and take it those days because it probably wouldn't hold true for you anyway.

LacePrincess
November 5th, 2012, 10:34 AM
I'm currently still EBF'ing my almost-3yo and TTC. We're nursing a ridiculous amount still so it was really dragging out my cycle, last cycle was 41 days with ov on CD36. Urgh.

So I did Vitex starting this cycle, but only CD1-14. I've read really great things about it helping bf'ing moms regulate their cycles, and lengthen whacky LPs. I was REALLY pleased that I got a +OPK two days ago and a peak on my CBFM yesterday, and fingers crossed I should've O'ed yesterday or today. I think from my CM dry up and closing CP this morning that I o'ed sometime yesterday or last night, just waiting for a temp shift to confirm.

IF this works out then I'm really really happy with vitex because I normally ov really late (CD19+) even when not nursing and since DS3 was born my cycles have never been regular and I've had a lot of anovulatory cycles.

babygirl
November 7th, 2012, 11:44 PM
looks like you did o after doing the vitex for 14 days, do you think the sleeping in darkness has helped at all?

BabyCakesTor
November 8th, 2012, 12:13 AM
looks like you did o after doing the vitex for 14 days, do you think the sleeping in darkness has helped at all?

What would sleeping in darkness do?

babygirl
November 8th, 2012, 02:40 AM

It is thought to help change your ovulation day by sleeping in complete darkness till say day 13 then sleep with lights on for 4 days then back to darkness. Some have sworn by it. My interpretation may be a little off but thats the basic idea

BabyCakesTor
November 12th, 2012, 10:03 PM
I could never sleep with the light on... My room has to be pitch black, I even cover the clock on the cable box or it "Stares" at me all night lmao

LacePrincess
November 13th, 2012, 11:49 AM
The sleeping in darkness thing isn't related to Vitex, it's my attempt at Lunaception. The idea being to imitate the moon's light in your sleeping environment and regulate melatonin, which is supposed to help regulate your cycle. So you sleep in total darkness CD1-13, small white nightlight CD14-17, and darkness again after that.

I don't think the darkness thing helped my ov, but I do think it helped me sleep better and my temps are definitely far less erratic than previously.

I do think Vitex helped me ov the first estrogen surge, instead of having the three freaking fake ov surges the previous cycle. However, my LP is still shot, so this month I'm weaning nursing completely and hoping my LP will work itself out. Sigh. I don't want to add too much 'stuff' and I'm trying to be patient!

So I'm going to do Vitex CD1-14 for two more cycles, and if my LP is still sh!tty I'll have to rethink this. I've read online to take Vitex continuously for progesterone deficiencies but I don't want to do that and delay o again!!

atomic sagebrush
November 14th, 2012, 11:44 AM
I could never sleep with the light on... My room has to be pitch black, I even cover the clock on the cable box or it "Stares" at me all night lmao

me too, my husband is like, just shut your eyes, but I can FEEL it.

we switched to a green display and that is way better than red.

atomic sagebrush
November 14th, 2012, 11:45 AM

full explanation here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion-ttc-boy-girl-home-swaying-info/1421-lunaception.html

babygirl
November 14th, 2012, 09:22 PM
oops will go into a little more detail next time lol, the sleeping with the lights on time is when you are trying to encourage the days of ovulation to occur

innergrace
April 19th, 2013, 06:00 AM
Be very careful taking this herbal supplement when TTC, I taken it through my whole cycle when my cycles appeared out of whack after coming off birth control. Yes I did get pregnant whilst even taking it but very sadly for my little boy he developed a severe birth defect and did not survive. Whether this had anything to do with it I do not know but I do know now that it is not safe to take when pregnant so best avoided. I have since had another daughter and desperate now for my next to be a boy. As this will be my last child, so my last chance to have the nearest to what I lost. It is important to remember the health of the baby is so more important than taking anything during conception that could risk his/hers health.

atomic sagebrush
April 19th, 2013, 09:57 AM
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. We don't take the vitex during pregnancy, only beforehand, and most people only take it 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off and not all cycle long.