PDA

View Full Version : a few more diet questions

Coccinelle33
March 4th, 2011, 11:06 PM
well i started the diet today. im starving. ughh... but my question is...

i wake up at 6 am and don't eat until 11-12 should i be eating a bigger lunch or a bigger dinner? should i be eating 2 bigger meals or 2 small meals and 2 snacks... any idea?

today this is what i ate-

yogurt & peppermint tea 11:15

peanut butter and strawberry jelly and a cup of skim milk (this i wont do again but i haven't been to the store yet to get everything i need). this was around 2:00

another yogurt and peppermint tea 4:00

and then dinner at 6:00. i had 3 tortillas with white rice, 1 green pepper, and light sour cream with a scoop of corn and mrs. dash.

it's 10 and im starving and im not going to eat until 11-12 tomorrow. does this sound ok?

atomic sagebrush
March 5th, 2011, 09:41 AM
I know the girl diet sucks SO MUCH. I hate it and I hate having to tell people to follow it, but that really does seem to be what is supported by the science.

2 bigger meals is better than meals with snacks because it gives your blood sugar time to drop in between. When you eat snacks, blood sugar levels will rise every time you eat. That having been said, you have to do what it takes to function and get through your day too, so if you can't make it without snacking, that's ok.

That sounds about as close to perfect as you can get. Hang in there and stay strong!

Coccinelle33
March 5th, 2011, 10:40 AM
lol thanks

is peppermint tea ok in the morning or is that better to wait on?

atomic sagebrush
March 5th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Pep tea with fake sweetener is fine in the morning. I would not use real sugar in the morning though.

lindi
March 10th, 2011, 02:05 PM
when I was swaying I remember I had to watch the tortillas because they were a lot higher in sodium that I thought they would be! I found some low sodium white bread and that was pretty filling for my flour needs.

atomic sagebrush
March 10th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Yes you're absolutely right lindi, I remember that from when I had PPH! Tortillas are LOADED with sodium. You can try corn ones but they ~may~ alkalinize you a bit, keep an eye on pH.