PDA

View Full Version : White area on u/s...thoughts on what tech said?

babydust
November 4th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Hi girls!

So not really an old wives tale question but I wanted to get your thoughts. Something the tech said at my *13 weeks 3/4 day scan* is sticking in my head...can't stop thinking about it! Everyone guesses girl from my u/s pics online but this statement is really frustrating me :/

*She looked between the legs at least 3 different times and saw nothing at all sticking out. Then, at the very end she said she saw a white area between the legs. She said, "see that little dot, that white area? It can go either way, turn into girl parts or boy parts"*

I never heard this before and am sooo confused! Didn't get a picture of it. But from
What I remember it looked like a horizontal thin white area between the legs. Maybe a little horizontal dot area there but still nothing at all sticking out.

I don't know...anybody that can shed some
Light on this would be greatly appreciated! My u/s pics are in the u/s forum

atomic sagebrush
November 4th, 2012, 12:43 PM
yes, that's how it works, that little dot turns into either a penis or a clitoris due to the presence/absence of our old pal testosterone. that's why ultrasounds are not reliable before 12-13 weeks at the earliest - the goods are identical in boys and girls.

that having been said, by 13 w 3-4 days, I think if it had been a boy you might have seen something more prominent. my 4th boy and DD were very obvious at 13 w ultrasounds. no guarantees of course.

babydust
November 4th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Thank you so much atomic! I had never heard of that description before so was so confused! Haha. Glad that this is a well known fact that shows up early, like 12-13 weeks. You have put my
Mind to rest. Will hopefully find out in a little over a week! Was 13 weeks and 3/4 days and measured 14 weeks and 1 day.

I feel like if I measured 14 weeks and 1 day then possibly would see development on the potty shot to correspond. Kwim? So that's a good sign also.

And I agree, the white dot would have been more prominent I think if it were a boy. From
What the tech said and what I saw, everything looked flat in that area. But gosh, so glad to know that the little dot thing happens early on in both genders!! So the tech was right then.

I've looked at a good amount of u/s at 13 and 14 weeks and wow, if it's a boy, them something usually sticks out. Even if it's a little bit. And the tech did look for me like 3 times. Haha. She
was really sweet. Ok I can wait another week now. Feel good about everything. Now just to confirm the gender.

Will be totally ok either way and of course, no guarantee's
it's just a nice feeling to have a girlie vibe. Makes the wait a bit easier for me. :P

Thank you!!!! :)