PDA

View Full Version : BOY sway feedback wanted please.

afy
November 4th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Although i havent officially started but i decided to give myself a trial run and slowly building myself up..

for breakfast Glass of water, had Omelette with onions,corriander,tomatoes some salt in 2 sliced of brown bread and a slice of cheese accompanied with a glass of V-8 splash ( i noticed it said corn syrup in the ingredients im sure we are suppose to avoid that).. then had 3 dates.

i exercised for 40 mins no cardio just strait weights concentrated on my arms and did squats..

for Lunch i had club roll with pesto sauce,sundried tomatoes and provolone cheese ( is this too much cheese) accompanied with water.. and then had lemon water with 12oz water..

for snack i had a protein bar though it was rather sweet and chocolaty.
also had a pear.

then went on to have about 1/2cup perhaps more of salted almonds and walnuts for light snack.

for meal time i had Meat curry..with water.

evening time i had cup of green tea with slice of lemeon
Im not sure what to make out of this i know needs more colour fruit and veg.. but finding it hard to squeeze it all in! any advice :think:

Cinss
November 5th, 2012, 02:16 AM
Looks good :)

I was squeezing fruit into smoothies, my fav was frozen berries + almond milk + natural yogurt + protein powder + oats. I would have that for breakfast, bananas are also yummy in there.

I would have salad stuff at lunch time with chicken or eggs, and dinner was always lots of veggies with meat.

My favorite snack was green apple with almonds.

ELP
November 5th, 2012, 05:05 AM
Looks great afy:agree: The smoothies sound like a great addition. Do you take any supps, maybe a fish oil to help make the most of the weight training, plus some FA and a multi vit:)

afy
November 5th, 2012, 08:18 AM
thank you ladies.. the smoothie is a really good idea im a big fan of smoothies!! is a smoothie with protein powder alone good for breakfast? i havent yet bought supps just got hold of my plan lastnight hopefully should get them today..

afy
November 5th, 2012, 08:19 AM
for snacking could we add fruit with nuts each time?

dloui128
November 5th, 2012, 10:18 AM
for snacking could we add fruit with nuts each time?

Yes you can have fruits and veggies with nuts for your snacks. I always incorporated fruit and veggies with my meals and snacks so I knew that I was getting all my servings in.

afy
November 5th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Yes that's what In aiming for .. For breakfast I had weetabix with whole milk, banana and 3 dates followed with some pistachios.. But I do need to get hold of some oats.. How much carbs from breads did you add in your diet ?

minimatron
November 5th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Sounds good. I think I'm going to struggle with the boy sway.... I'm good at skipping meals and letting myself go hungry!

afy
November 5th, 2012, 10:03 PM
same here i was just like that when i conceived my daughter exercise freak always doing hardcore cardio and wouldnt eat for so long because i never felt the need to lol.. after DD i have gotten quite an apetite but the only thing im most definitely going to find hard with the boy sway is eating fruit and veg!!!
when did you start your boy sway mini matron? when do you want to TTC ?

minimatron
November 6th, 2012, 03:51 AM
I was following the ingender stuff...just loosely. Sohigh potassiu m and high sodium, low magnesium and low calcium. We tried about 2 cycles ago with a shettles.. so Dtd 12hrs after first positive opk. It didn't work. I did bicarb finger, watched my ph. It was weird. It felt like the whole thing was a chore. So I stumbled across this site and read up. I have ordered my plan so am waiting for that. I waas hoping to try next cycle if that works out and if its enough time.
Excuse the spelling... I'm on my phone!

ELP
November 6th, 2012, 05:28 AM
we've got a whole different sway here minimatron as youve probably seen:) You may want to hold off an extra cycle if thats possible so your body can really feel the change:agree:

minimatron
November 6th, 2012, 05:43 AM
Yes...I noticed that. I'll see what atomic writes up for my plan.... dh may be away anyway so we will play it by ear.

afy
November 6th, 2012, 07:42 AM
yes mini matron it is quite diff.. and i want to try and concieve april/may time just trying to give myself enough time.. i received my plan 2days ago so just trying to get myself use to the foods i need to eat although it isnt a huge difference to what i did eat before however i do need to increase my fruit/veg and nut intake ac much as i can.. did any of you girls check your PH on the He diet? if yes what PH was you cm although i dont really go by PH

dloui128
November 6th, 2012, 10:02 AM
I never tested my PH, I didn't want to be bothered and than stress over it

ELP
November 6th, 2012, 11:02 AM
As above, no need to waste your time on PH:agree:

afy
November 6th, 2012, 12:01 PM
oh thats good .. because i wasnt looking forward to checking it either! seems abit too fiddly for my liking lol how often did you guys work out?? i was thinking of taking coconut oil supps wasnt sure if its a good idea:think:

The Anchor
November 6th, 2012, 12:31 PM
A bit more protein...I used coconut oil to cook, which is great for a boy sway, and you could even do a protein smoothie (whey) in the mornings.

afy
November 6th, 2012, 12:37 PM
is there a specific protein whey you used any type of flavour

The Anchor
November 6th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Not sure where you are...in Canada we have a product called Vegan which is hemp and pea protein, the berry flavour makes delicious smoothies. I've also ordered the organic whey from mercola, the strawberry was my favourite. AND I would add a tablespoon of coconut oil, really pretty tasty.

afy
November 6th, 2012, 02:03 PM
I'm based in New York.. I will deff try the organic whey .. Did you order it online?

The Anchor
November 6th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Yes, I got the mercola stuff because it's grass fed cows, no hormones or antibiotics...

minimatron
November 6th, 2012, 04:21 PM
I've been looking through posts and h.e diet and looks similar to what I eat now. I do go hungry though coz I feed the girls first, so I need to change that. I also need to do weights. I used to do loads cardio... Will 4 weeks of weights be enough? And half an hour each day?

Cinss
November 6th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Will 4 weeks of weights be enough? And half an hour each day?

Yes, great

minimatron
November 6th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Great thanks. I'm kind of keen to get pregnant. It will be our last and I just turned 37 so don't want to leave it too late...plus dh might change his mind, although he is pretty keen for a little man too!

afy
November 6th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Mini matron that's what I'm Doing too weights for 35-40mins .. In done 2days now going to try and make this 4-5times a week.. It's the same for me I pretty much eat this stuff normally just minus the veg and fruit which I'm trying to slowly build that up. I hope everything goes well with your sway.. When are you looking to TTC ?

minimatron
November 6th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Afy.. as soon as I can. I was hoping next month, which means I ovulate at the end of this month, early next month. How about you?

afy
November 6th, 2012, 11:09 PM
I'm actually thinking some time -April/may.. Just so it gives me time to get my body prepared even if it isn't for a baby boy just a healthy baby is what matters but would like a babu boy.. I wanna get my body in good fit shape before I TTC.. Do you think your ready for your attempts? I feel so nervous thinking about mine and there a while away yet lol

minimatron
November 6th, 2012, 11:54 PM
I don't know if I'll ever be ready. I've been doing the in gender diet for quiet a while and I know its different here so I ordered a plan and once I get it I will see if I'm reallyready or not!

afy
November 7th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Do you guys happen to know if Lentils are good for boy sways?

atomic sagebrush
November 7th, 2012, 11:45 AM
1) breakfast looks great (and yummy). V8 splash has recently changed their formula and now contains SPLENDA! Use V8 fusion instead. Corn syrup is fine, just be sure to eat protein along with things containing corn syrup.

2)On the HE Diet there is no such thing as "too much cheese"! Calcium is 100% allowed on the HE Diet. If you want to avoid it for your own reasons, that's up to you but as far as I'm concerned, you can have as much cheese as you like.

3)Did the protein bar have soy protein? It's best to use Larabars, they don't have any soy, or even a Snickers bar. If you do want to eat them now and then, it's fine, but I wouldn't do it every day. :agree: with adding the nuts.

4)Meat curry is great and a lot of boy moms love curry.

Just do your best to get it all in. Veg in the curry, a cup of fruit with breakfast and your club roll. I would rely on fruit/veg juices more, because the serving size is very small and you actually end up getting 2-3 servings of fruit/veg with the typical glass of juice. Personally I don't think the lemon water sways by much, so I'd rather see you drink juice instead.

atomic sagebrush
November 7th, 2012, 11:47 AM
thank you ladies.. the smoothie is a really good idea im a big fan of smoothies!! is a smoothie with protein powder alone good for breakfast? i havent yet bought supps just got hold of my plan lastnight hopefully should get them today..

Whey protein powder is ok but not my favorite, avoid soy protein powder.

I would do a smoothie with either full fat yogurt or almond/coconut milk rather than protein powder. Drop a raw egg in there for a little extra protein but of course you're not supposed to eat raw eggs when you may be pg.

atomic sagebrush
November 7th, 2012, 11:55 AM
I was following the ingender stuff...just loosely. Sohigh potassiu m and high sodium, low magnesium and low calcium. We tried about 2 cycles ago with a shettles.. so Dtd 12hrs after first positive opk. It didn't work. I did bicarb finger, watched my ph. It was weird. It felt like the whole thing was a chore. So I stumbled across this site and read up. I have ordered my plan so am waiting for that. I waas hoping to try next cycle if that works out and if its enough time.
Excuse the spelling... I'm on my phone!

I'm almost thru with your plan!

afy
November 7th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Oooo that sounds even better!! Are all berries good for this diet such ax raspberry, strawberry, blackberry??

afy
November 7th, 2012, 12:01 PM
1) breakfast looks great (and yummy). V8 splash has recently changed their formula and now contains SPLENDA! Use V8 fusion instead. Corn syrup is fine, just be sure to eat protein along with things containing corn syrup.

2)On the HE Diet there is no such thing as "too much cheese"! Calcium is 100% allowed on the HE Diet. If you want to avoid it for your own reasons, that's up to you but as far as I'm concerned, you can have as much cheese as you like.

3)Did the protein bar have soy protein? It's best to use Larabars, they don't have any soy, or even a Snickers bar. If you do want to eat them now and then, it's fine, but I wouldn't do it every day. :agree: with adding the nuts.

4)Meat curry is great and a lot of boy moms love curry.

Just do your best to get it all in. Veg in the curry, a cup of fruit with breakfast and your club roll. I would rely on fruit/veg juices more, because the serving size is very small and you actually end up getting 2-3 servings of fruit/veg with the typical glass of juice. Personally I don't think the lemon water sways by much, so I'd rather see you drink juice instead.

Yes definitely.. I'm trying to aim for smoothies ( I bought the naked smoothie from Costco) and also drinking organic carrot juice which is delicious! definitely going to limit the lemonade feel like getting a sore throat lol or could be the weird whether ... What about lentil soups/curries?

atomic sagebrush
November 7th, 2012, 12:57 PM
yes mini matron it is quite diff.. and i want to try and concieve april/may time just trying to give myself enough time.. i received my plan 2days ago so just trying to get myself use to the foods i need to eat although it isnt a huge difference to what i did eat before however i do need to increase my fruit/veg and nut intake ac much as i can.. did any of you girls check your PH on the He diet? if yes what PH was you cm although i dont really go by PH

flava (who you may know from IG) could not get her pH to go up on the IG diet, then she went on HE and it did go up. She got a boy after 4 or 5 girls.

atomic sagebrush
November 7th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Yes definitely.. I'm trying to aim for smoothies ( I bought the naked smoothie from Costco) and also drinking organic carrot juice which is delicious! definitely going to limit the lemonade feel like getting a sore throat lol or could be the weird whether ... What about lentil soups/curries?

Lentils are great for blue, and I ate them quite a lot with my 2nd and 3rd boy.

I'd LOVE to have a recipe for lentil curry if ever you have the time.

atomic sagebrush
November 7th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Oooo that sounds even better!! Are all berries good for this diet such ax raspberry, strawberry, blackberry??

yes and the darker, the better.

atomic sagebrush
November 7th, 2012, 01:01 PM
oh thats good .. because i wasnt looking forward to checking it either! seems abit too fiddly for my liking lol how often did you guys work out?? i was thinking of taking coconut oil supps wasnt sure if its a good idea:think:

coconut oil is fab for blue

atomic sagebrush
November 7th, 2012, 01:06 PM
I've been looking through posts and h.e diet and looks similar to what I eat now. I do go hungry though coz I feed the girls first, so I need to change that. I also need to do weights. I used to do loads cardio... Will 4 weeks of weights be enough? And half an hour each day?

however much you can do, as long as you can do it, is perfect. With blue, you have to be careful not to do TOO much, but as long as you're doing moderate exercise, it's all good.

atomic sagebrush
November 7th, 2012, 01:07 PM
I don't know if I'll ever be ready. I've been doing the in gender diet for quiet a while and I know its different here so I ordered a plan and once I get it I will see if I'm reallyready or not!

plan sent to tech support about an hour ago, based on this thread i did it for HE Diet, but if you are more comfy with IG Diet, I will help you with that in an ongoing fashion. I was sway mod on IG for some time and well versed in the IG boy diet.

afy
November 7th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Lentils are great for blue, and I ate them quite a lot with my 2nd and 3rd boy.

I'd LOVE to have a recipe for lentil curry if ever you have the time.

Definitely AS be more than happy to! . There's one we make at home which is quite simple and really tasty we do add spices to it though but you add however many you want or non at all.. Soon as I find time ill deff try getting you recipie..is it better to take coconut oil supps or drink pure coconut water?

atomic sagebrush
November 7th, 2012, 01:11 PM
both coco oil and coco water are fantastic. I highly recommend both

afy
November 7th, 2012, 01:14 PM
So we could take coconut oil supps in substitute of the actual oil?
Wow it's so strange these foods that are being mentioned for boy sway are foods that in my culture are classed as the "hot" foods that are supposedly meant to heat your body up and have a boyish affect on you they say that people usually expecting boys would "crave" for this stuff.. Don't know how true it is.

atomic sagebrush
November 8th, 2012, 12:52 PM
afy, you are the second person who has told me this recently - that "hot" foods are seeming to sway blue, but I didn't know that was already the belief...that's very interesting.

It does make some sense though becasue if garlic and curry and chili can make your nose run, maybe they're helpful for making CM too?!?

I will look into this a little bit more!

afy
November 8th, 2012, 07:48 PM
oh wow really . i think youll manage to crack this lol! its such a common belief amongst the older ladies in our culture.. i kind of see where they are coming from they deem meat,nuts (almonds,walnuts),tamarind,mangoes, frieds egss, Fish, olives and olive oil and soo many more foods to have a "hot" affect on your body.. it is deff interesting

afy
November 8th, 2012, 08:08 PM
does anybody know where i could have a read at the boy sways that have been done?

Cinss
November 8th, 2012, 08:10 PM
does anybody know where i could have a read at the boy sways that have been done?

Add Your Boy Sway! (http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-boy-sway/)

ELP
November 9th, 2012, 04:23 AM
afy, you are the second person who has told me this recently - that "hot" foods are seeming to sway blue, but I didn't know that was already the belief...that's very interesting.

It does make some sense though becasue if garlic and curry and chili can make your nose run, maybe they're helpful for making CM too?!?

I will look into this a little bit more!
Its funny you should mention the nose running because it was a joke in my family that I have a definite runny nose when carrying a boy, which again was definitely the case with Dave, and it is still constantly running now! I have been inwardly thinking that for me this is a good sign that I am still in the blue zone for conception! I'll be looking forward to whatever else people come up with on this :agree:

afy
November 9th, 2012, 08:33 AM
What is the idea of soy, soybeans in the He diet?

atomic sagebrush
November 9th, 2012, 11:38 AM
oh wow really . i think youll manage to crack this lol! its such a common belief amongst the older ladies in our culture.. i kind of see where they are coming from they deem meat,nuts (almonds,walnuts),tamarind,mangoes, frieds egss, Fish, olives and olive oil and soo many more foods to have a "hot" affect on your body.. it is deff interesting

CRAZY! I was trying to read up on this yesterday but my husband came in and needed the computer. thanks!

atomic sagebrush
November 9th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Its funny you should mention the nose running because it was a joke in my family that I have a definite runny nose when carrying a boy, which again was definitely the case with Dave, and it is still constantly running now! I have been inwardly thinking that for me this is a good sign that I am still in the blue zone for conception! I'll be looking forward to whatever else people come up with on this :agree:

WOW me too! I had a runny nose with all 4 boys, it was the worst with DS 3 and i had followed the most boyish diet before conceiving him, and then not as much with DD. I was thinking it was just the time of year I conceived her.

No one read too much into that, it's just interesting!

atomic sagebrush
November 9th, 2012, 11:41 AM
What is the idea of soy, soybeans in the He diet?

I think less processed forms of soy like tofu and edamame are good, I would shy away from high intake of highly processed soy foods.

afy
November 9th, 2012, 05:21 PM
The protein bar I had contained soy and there is a honey and oats bar by Nature Valley which contains soy too.. I wasn't sure

luvalittleman
November 10th, 2012, 12:02 AM
Sounds good. I think I'm going to struggle with the boy sway.... I'm good at skipping meals and letting myself go hungry!

I thought the same thing when I started the diet 3 weeks ago but I am doing weights for 30 - 50 minutes 3 times a week (4 times this week) and I find I am starving all the time!!! My metabolism has definately sped up and although I'm eating much much more than I used to, I am not putting on weight. Am thoroughly enjoying all this healthy food!!

Cinss
November 10th, 2012, 02:02 AM
I thought the same thing when I started the diet 3 weeks ago but I am doing weights for 30 - 50 minutes 3 times a week (4 times this week) and I find I am starving all the time!!! My metabolism has definately sped up and although I'm eating much much more than I used to, I am not putting on weight. Am thoroughly enjoying all this healthy food!!

This is good to hear :) i must say i did feel super energetic on the HE, workouts were a breeze and my skin almost cleared up too, which unfortunatly has gone bad again now that i am pregnant.

afy
November 10th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Omg that is so true I feel hungry on this diet but i think its because i cut the junky stuff out eating better and snacking more.. Definitely feel energetic and it's only been 4days I think and I have another like 5months to go.. Feels like its gonna take forever.. Does anybody know if we should avoid soy in protein bars and other bars

atomic sagebrush
November 10th, 2012, 12:55 PM
The protein bar I had contained soy and there is a honey and oats bar by Nature Valley which contains soy too.. I wasn't sure

most things contain tiny amounts of soy, you are trying to avoid the things that have a lot of concentrated soy like these things Soy Protein Ingredients Used To Make Soy Protein Foods « Revival Soy – Doctor Fomulated Soy | Soy Shakes, Soy Bars, Soy Nuts, Soy Coffee, and much more! (http://www.soy.com/2011/04/07/soy-protein-ingredients-used-to-make-soy-protein-foods/)

atomic sagebrush
November 10th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Omg that is so true I feel hungry on this diet but i think its because i cut the junky stuff out eating better and snacking more.. Definitely feel energetic and it's only been 4days I think and I have another like 5months to go.. Feels like its gonna take forever.. Does anybody know if we should avoid soy in protein bars and other bars

Try these instead: LÄRABAR | LÄRABAR Products LÄRABAR (http://www.larabar.com/products)

Not only are they tasty, widely available, and affordable, they're also a great source of potassium, esp. the cherry pie flavor.